Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• I don't think the other games have a search function for news posts. We have tried it a few times, but it has been too taxing on the servers in the past.

• edited May 2013
    @jeremy

I know for a fact Aetolia has  it.  I used it over there not too long ago  to look for  information on something.   I don't remember  the syntax  offhand, but I know they have it.

Edit: Went and looked it up. 

SEARCHNEWS <section> <phrase>

- Will search the section for the specific phrase or word.

• Looks like they do. I will take a see how he did it. There are significant problems with doing searches through thousands of text files though. Anyways, I will see what I can find out.

• edited May 2013
    Then we can all win quiz events!

Jesse: The question is: On which day of Letum did the main orc guy conquer whatever?

50 people: SEARCHNEWS EVENTS MAIN ORC GUY

20 people: SEARCHNEWS EVENTS WHATEVER

Imperian: CRASH
  • edited May 2013
    Honestly, just having it web based would be pretty nice.  Something like every half hour something checks if there is any  new posts.  It copies them over  to the web  server.   A simple interface that allows advanced search options on the IRE website that users of the toolbar already have would basically solve everything.

Edit: If not web based, just put a cooldown on it, like one search every 10-15  seconds or something.
  • edited May 2013
    Same effect can be done with Google very easily. Also, a lot of the answers in the last one were not things that could be found in the news. As a pro, it's wonderful to be able to look through old news and glean some information about quests that came with events. A lot of what makes so many quests impossible to figure out if you're young in Imperian is the lack of context around so many quests that are leftovers from events. I found an old news post about Magglix that revealed to me that there is no quest to do anymore, the table has no purpose now, the skull isn't critical to anything, the warden's keys aren't used anymore, and that you can turn in corpses to the statue at the entrance.
  • Better add that one to the list to fix!

• But the news post seemed to imply that was the intended behavior of the statue, post-event. =(
  • As the young performer's voice fades away, he shouts one more time to state the performance will begin within a few minutes.

So the theatre in Caanae/Nolmines. Is there an actual performance? Is this just ambiance message? I heard a rumour that once upon a time a play used to be performed, but isn't any longer? I am curious :(

• Definitely something I'd like to see: Old event cleanup.

I cannot tell you how ridiculously frustrated I was with the quests that were apparently available in Demon's Pass, before someone told me that they were event-specific.
  • Was the quest experienced gained on the Moroi (Demon pass special) nerfed? I used to get 8% on quest at level 87 by just handing in 11, and now I handed over 33 and only got 2%. 

• Yeah, it was bugged. I am still tweaking numbers though.

• edited May 2013
    Just to clarify, getting not-broken hearts from Moroi is straight chance, right?

Edit: Nevermind. Sup perfectly timed announce post!
  • Odd question: can a person blow the mob summoning horns while phased? If so, does it unphase you? How about phantom masks?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Sarrius said:

Odd question: can a person blow the mob-summoning horns while phased? If so, does it unphase you? How about phantom masks?

I remember it taking balance, so I could assume it probably should.
  • edited May 2013
    Random, probably subjective question, but what is the closest parallel to Priest in the Magick Circle? In terms of support, helpful utility or defence/buffs/healing for others, would Mage be the nearest equivalent?
  • Mage wouldn't be my first choice for priest-like, at least not after the new rewrite goes in and they lose vibes and alchemy.

If I had to pick, I'd probably say Bard -- bard can throw boosting songs on allies who stay in the room with them, they have llan for healing health, and arinyu for healing afflictions, both of which work on anyone. After that I might say runeguard for sketching runes and being able to defend allies to soak their damage, then hunter solely for having Magick's resurrect skill (though pioneering also has some nice group stuff).
  • @Kalon Ah, okay, thanks for that. I originally thought it would be Bard too, and they definitely do have some beneficial abilities, but not as much utility as I was expecting. Your explanation makes sense though! :)

Hunter has resurrect? Darn that's tempting!

Are the new abilities that Mage will be getting known and available to see somewhere? Or is it just a good chance that it won't be as utility/supportive in nature?
  • Mage abilities are not public - they likely have barely left the design documents stage. @Garryn hasn't given us any details yet, likely because he's tied up writing other stuff for the game so he has nothing substantial to give us to chew on.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Okay, I just saw the bumped revamp thread on Mages which helpfully gave quite a bit of information. It definitely sounds like there's not going to be much of a support focus. :( Nifty ideas though, all the same.

I guess Bard sounds best. At least a few of the beneficial songs will persist even if the Bard is not in the room though, is that right? I guess the warding song is a bit like a temporary shield, at the very least.
  • I believe all bard songs go away if the bard is not in the room.  And that is a good thing imho.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Roven said:
    Okay, I just saw the bumped revamp thread on Mages which helpfully gave quite a bit of information. It definitely sounds like there's not going to be much of a support focus. :( Nifty ideas though, all the same.

I guess Bard sounds best. At least a few of the beneficial songs will persist even if the Bard is not in the room though, is that right? I guess the warding song is a bit like a temporary shield, at the very least.
    There is no magick counterpart to Priest. That's relegated to WoW. It's harder to balance, but it's more fun. Thank god.
  • =((

Thanks for the answers, anyway.
  • Selthis said:
    I believe all bard songs go away if the bard is not in the room.  And that is a good thing imho.
     IIRC, they don't go away, they go inactive. If the bard comes back in the room with you, they go active again.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    Khizan said:
    Selthis said:
    I believe all bard songs go away if the bard is not in the room.  And that is a good thing imho.
     IIRC, they don't go away, they go inactive. If the bard comes back in the room with you, they go active again.
    Imperian doppler effect.

• The exception to that rule might be the song of Flight, for obvious reasons. Though, maybe it isn't one, in which case it would be 100% more hilarious.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm having trouble queueing things properly. When I'm Athletic without a Diadem, I queue EQBAL then EQ and they fire off in the right order when I regain EQ. As Fast with Diadem, I'm regaining EQ first and balance second. I try EQBAL\BAL and the EQBAL fires but BAL doesn't. Why?

Athletic without Diadem. Regaining balance then equilibrium almost at the same time. Works beautifully.

PS: Pardon the ugly second line on the prompt, it's a work in progress.

Fast with a Diadem. Regaining Equilibrium just before Balance. Doesn't work.

Edit: Easier to read in color.
  • Queue resolves in this order: eqbal, EQ, bal. if you regain balance and already had EQ, eqbal fires immediately. If it takes you off bal, bal queue doesn't fire
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Most of the potential usefulness of the queue system was shot down like, the day it was implemented. Just spam commands chasing bal/eq/eqbal like the pros.
  • The queue system was garbage as soon as it was implemented, basically, because so many things require multiple commands and it's impossible to queue them up. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."