Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• Khizan said:

The whole point of tokens, really, is that you can't buy them with bound credits. This means that if you want to gain tokens faster than the 2/month, you're going to have to buy them from somebody else, and this probably means paying in credits. If you could buy a token with bound credits, why bother having tokens at all? 

I've actually been thinking about this in other terms, and it's a bad idea the more I think about it. Pay x for a bound token, use token to purchase x. In token wares, a fair amount can be traded (pages, familiars), which given the playerbase would just lead to people rolling alts to farm it.

Also my main complaint is a crapton of rewards are bound credits, and I'm getting to the point where I'm not overtly interested in purchasing/upgrading artifacts because I about have what I need. I like using collars of customization, though!
  • Yeah, I'm considering picking up Renegade for that reason. Nothing else to get. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• All of you and your firstworldproblems...
  • Flute of the Winds (or something that actually sounds good) an artifact instrument that allows the user to use marks that bards have .
  • edited May 2013
    Neat idea, though it sounds pretty much like the Raksha Band, but even more useful (since the band can only be set to one area and marks can be set to a few at one time). I guess if it had the same monolith/hazeward/holy ground restriction, it might be significantly less powerful and be more viable.

• Bard marks take a channel time.

I think Waymark is one of those skills that should stay class-specific, generally. I don't agree with copying class skills on artifacts as is - see: old pathfinder (Raksha Band), the Acrobat's Boots, the torc of telepathy, etc.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Deathly rich - have an endless bag of tokens that you can use for Charon and the ferry
  • Mark of Ownership (or something...) -- attach to any item so that it will automatically reset to your inventory (good for items from events or items with sentimental value that don't already do this)

Truesilver stethoscope - Allows DIAGNOSE without taking balance. (Maybe a cool down on using it too? Not entirely sure how removing balance would impact such things.)

• Mathiaus said:

Truesilver stethoscope - Allows DIAGNOSE without taking balance. (Maybe a cool down on using it too? Not entirely sure how removing balance would impact such things.)

Balanceless Diagnose was a selling point of Healing, if I recall right. I don't think we need that returned in ANY capacity.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • How about a new type of artifact - these are, for want of a better phrase slottable onto an animal of your choosing, granting them upgraded or new abilities in taming which they do not already possess, for instance, fly, observe, loot, hide, skyguard, vermin and hunt. New abilities could be upgraded version of vermin, increases to weight/strength/speed, some affinity type skill that helps a tamer befriend animals ( perhaps named Dominance/Kinship for "evil" and "good" versions) and perhaps a way to instantly swap between animals in the stable/kennel regardless of where you are.
  • The major problem with balanceless diagnose was illusions were the focus of Saboteur combat and balanceless diagnose avoided that entirely.

Now, of course, the problem would be trivializing masked afflictions. Which, really, I am okay with. I hate the plethora of masked afflictions in the current combat environment and the constant diagnosing it breeds. It adds nothing beneficial to combat whatsoever.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• But, how will Clerics ever get another kill?
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    Khizan said:

The major problem with balanceless diagnose was illusions were the focus of Saboteur combat and balanceless diagnose avoided that entirely.

Now, of course, the problem would be trivializing masked afflictions. Which, really, I am okay with. I hate the plethora of masked afflictions in the current combat environment and the constant diagnosing it breeds. It adds nothing beneficial to combat whatsoever.

Masked afflictions are for the birds. It's also the lazy man's solution to making effective affliction classes.
  • We will probably release some older auction artifacts in a couple months. I have been thinking about it.

• Portable forge for everything but cannons.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I know Oz and I discussed this some time ago and I think he IDEAd it, but:

Silver flintlock is useless at the moment, change it to a revolver with a decent number of shots (minimum of 6, naturally). Either (current arti's) 33% faster reload while reloading all the shots for the cost of 1 action, or a really fast reload for 1 shot at a time.
  • No. It's bad enough that flintlocks are such an effective DPS tool without giving an artifact like that.

Flintlocks need to be -less- effective, not more effective.

• Obliterate the smelter and replace it with something like:

Tongs of the Everlasting - This artifact will allow a smith to work so efficiently that his ingots will not be consumed at all upon successfully forging an item. However, the power of this item must be recharged often, and so only works five times per Imperian month (this number can be changed to whatever seems reasonable).

This item would obviously also be an auction item. Its purpose is to keep people from being able to monopolize the crystehl market while still getting some tangible, smithing-related benefit from their hard-won artifact.

• edited June 2013
    Having a secondary crystehl market so newbie defilers don't have to fork out 10k to use one of their skills is a good thing. Smelters are a godsend.

EDIT: I'd rather use of the entire skillset not rely on crystehl, but since attempts to get this changed have fallen on deaf ears, smelters are still important for now.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • It's iffy.

Crystehl was supposed to be a band aid to prop up smithing, as well as a gold sink. Now all gold sinking properties are utterly gone, and crystehl is just a gold redistribution scheme that makes the already wealthy rich smelter owners even more wealthy.

• Doesn't Mantlus own like, most of them ever sold?
  • Over the years, I've easily bought a solid million gold in crystehl out of his shop. :(

• edited June 2013
    Give everyone terrariums.

No? Ok. How about upgradable botanical guidebook so I don't have to cry every time I harvest maidenhair in Artificium and still only get groups of 24.

EDIT: In before "your tears are delicious"
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Good idea, @Lionas.

Jar of Preserved Sorrow - This artifact, rumoured to have been crafted by the Divine themselves, will allow you to capture the tears and frustration of another mortal for all eternity. There is also a Spoon of Neverending Hunger, but that is sold separately. 

• Hey now, crafters should at least be getting a Vial of Preserved Sorrow (to capture their own tears).
    Perm defensive runes would be nice.