Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

I'm sure all of you artifact junkies out there have ideas for new artifacts you'd like to see, whether it be for the legendary artifact auctions or just an addition to the standard list. So, put your ideas in this thread, and feel free to be creative, though I imagine the more reasonable you are, the more likely the artifact is to be considered for actual implementation.

I'll start:
Crystalline Horn - Once per Imperian month, the bearer of this mighty horn may call up a large eruption of shards in a random area (shardfall). Though it would be great if this could be a standard item, I have a feeling it would probably be more of an auction item.

Comments

• Filler artifacts!

Greaves, Vambraces, Helms
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Truesilver bucket - this bucket never decays!

Bread basket - endless supply of bread. One bite fills you up.

Skeleington key - opens all locks you have access to. Copy from keys made
  • Artifact whetstone - either faster sharpening, single swipe to sharpen or increased sharpening duration. Or all three.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Bread basket - endless supply of bread. One bite fills you up.
    <730/700h(104) 340/340m(100) 81.40x <eb> <db> 100E 0b <0> help auction_wares
    (snip)
    Flask of Divine Manna
     - A never-ending vial of manna that will fully satiate you when you drink from it. Become nearly immune to hunger-inducing afflictions!
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Cadeyrn said:
    Artifact whetstone - either faster sharpening, single swipe to sharpen or increased sharpening duration. Or all three.
    It'd be better if it just didn't damage the weapon at all.

• Artifact lance. Usable for both knight's Joust and the jousting minigame, always returns to the inventory when the writhe from knight jousting completes even when the knight couldn't normally pick it up. Increases jousting exp gained from the minigame.
  • Mathiaus said:
    Artifact #: 55
      Desc:       a silver keyring
      Cost:       50

Description:
      - Can be used to store your keys on.
      - Anyone is able to use your keyring to open doors.
      - Only the owner can remove keys from the ring.

Syntax: ATTACH <key> TO KEYRING
              REMOVE <key> FROM KEYRING
  • ahskar band - The bearer of this band shall be able to disable all Raksha bands within his room - auction only item.

It'd be amusing to see which goes for more credits.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    sect/cult version of symbol of Avasyu

artifact halberd

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Delete the diadem and just reduce the eq on everything by 15%. Don't even have to give me credits back. It's just so dumb.
  • Azefel said:
    Delete the diadem and just reduce the eq on everything by 15%. Don't even have to give me credits back. It's just so dumb.
    I was designing a mage rewrite a few years ago for fun, I found this when I was looking up notes for classleads as a skill idea:

Elemancy - StopTurningShitIntoArtifacts
    "This power gives the mage a half second equilibrium reduction on any skill that gets turned into a general use artifact"
  • These days you could make that into 'or shard power', poor Mages.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Delrayne said:
    A somber headstone (100cr) - This headstone will allow the purchaser to pick their own graveyard plot. Once laid in it's final resting place, your character will be retired and 75% percent of your credit value will be transferred to a chosen character registered to the same email address as the retired character.

SYNTAX - PLANT HEADSTONE <final script> <new character> The final script will be placed on the headstone, and has a character limit.
    If it were IRE wide, this would be amazing.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    only if Fazlee can get this instead of a headstone

Aulani said:
    Mathiaus said:
    Artifact #: 55
      Desc:       a silver keyring
      Cost:       50

Description:
      - Can be used to store your keys on.
      - Anyone is able to use your keyring to open doors.
      - Only the owner can remove keys from the ring.

Syntax: ATTACH <key> TO KEYRING
              REMOVE <key> FROM KEYRING
    ONE KEY
  • And the keyring, consolidates them all into one item. It's just a keyring, instead of a key. I don't see the difference?
  • You still have to keep track of multiple key numbers for multiple doors...the single key would open any door that has had they key copied to it

• You don't have to use a key.  You just "unlock door x" and you have keylist.  I mean, why are you guys trying to create artifacts.  Redundant ones that would require like 3x as much code as exists and works?
  • never had a keyring, so couldn't tell you how the thing works..I was just clarifying what mathiaus wanted.

• Sorry, I wasn't trying to be snappy.  But what Mathiaus is proposing is redundant and  exists easier in the form of keyrings.  I mean,I guess in theory you  need to add keys to it for them to work, but to counterbalance the changes that would be necessary to make the unikey idea that Mathiaus has work would involve a special set of assignable permissions for every door in the game just for one artifact.  
  • Phylacteries as always buy items on imperian.com/credits.

Come on. Do you guys not want to make money from all of us who have terrible gambling habits?!
  • Gurn said:
    Phylacteries as always buy items on imperian.com/credits.

Come on. Do you guys not want to make money from all of us who have terrible gambling habits?!
    Not sure rather to agree/disagree/flag as abusive. :(
  • Phylacteries are, by far, the most cost effective way to buy credits. You might not get a L3 or a Veil or something, but you are almost always going to get a dollar/credit ratio that beats their normal prices, often by a lot. If they were always-available items, they'd end up reducing the value of them to the point where they'd be a crappy gamble.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I just like the excitement of opening them. It's like the difference between someone handing you a 50 dollar bill for Christmas and them buying you a present. Sure, in theory the 50 dollar bill is more useful, but damned if the wrapped present more exciting. Your point makes complete sense(I've never actually truly calculated the worth), but still, it'd be nice...

It makes me feel like it's Christmas. And I never get presents during Christmas. :(
    edited April 2013

Neverending Story - A sketchbook that refills with pages once the last page is torn out

or

Truesilver page - This single piece of paper allows you to ink one class only. It will have 50 uses and return to your hands after it depletes, and will require reinking. 

(As well, I like having everything consolidated and put into a simple, clean design. The Skeleton Key might seem ridiculous to you, but it would give me that silly little feeling of glee knowing all my stuff is neat and orderly, cause I'm a super weird bugger like that.)

• Mathiaus said:

(As well, I like having everything consolidated and put into a simple, clean design. The Skeleton Key might seem ridiculous to you, but it would give me that silly little feeling of glee knowing all my stuff is neat and orderly, cause I'm a super weird bugger like that.)

I'm not trying to be sassy, but there's genuinely no better way to code the keyring. If the Skelington Key were implemented right now, that's how I would have designed it, roughly speaking. The keys leave your inventory and you never have to reference them by number ever again. I do like the name better, though. :)
  • I <3 that Champion shouting got nerfed substantially, but why not clear it altogether and make people pay credits to be morons?

Megaphone of Tomfoolery (you think of a better name!) - This artifact allows the user to project his or her voice via shouting so that all the world may hear. Can only be used so many times an in-game day, similar to the current restriction. 

• Haha, you really have no idea how awesome/bad shouts used to be. A part of me really misses them. There used to be a lot of funny crap that happened in Achaea when shouts were global and everyone had access to them at 80. I think it's a neat little throw back to the ol' days.
  • edited April 2013
    These trinket suggestions are for the nickel slot players. Let's see some ideas for the whales! A man can only get so much joy out of watching plants grow in a terrarium.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."