Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Khizan said:

As security head, I have a simple rule: If invaders get into your house somehow, you've got to give me a key to that house. I'll never use it to barge in(cause I totally do not want to see what you're doing in there), but once you turn your house into Juran's Fun Time Raiding Castle, you've got to give me a key to the drawbridge. :(

This is why I have a key to every door of every house in Khandava, and all shop stockrooms.

Property owners in Khandava don't get rights.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited February 2013
    Selthis said:
    Its just a way to farm PK when you're bored.

*etc etc*
    This is the most goddamn awful thing that I have ever heard. I really do feel ashamed that there are people in this community that are so hostile to society that they are willing to deliberately and repeatedly ruin people's enjoyment of something they pay for because they have nothing better to do.

There should not have to be a "workaround" for people wanting to grief you into not playing for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, unless you institute draconian PK rules like Achaea, you will end up with the current 'honor system' we have where rules are light. And either way, people are still going to game the system to harass others because very few people in any game with PVP have any shred of dignity or common courtesy.

Maybe I'm just the odd one out for actually caring about what other people think.
  • @Abigail Imperian is marketed as the PvP oriented IRE game. If you don't like it try one of the others? The administration has even actively gone out of their way to ensure that every 3 hours there is potential for fighting. So what happens when two shardfalls go buy without any competition? This PvP oriented playerbase get restless. You also need to understand the difference between griefing and pk farming.

• It's text death. And, it's far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far tamer than it ever was back in the day when it WAS actually griefing. You probably just need to step back and look at the situation for what it really is. Most all of the people involved have been combatants.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Man. Anyone who whines about pk in Imperian has no concept of what old-Achaea and Avalon were like. Even Imperian at its trolliest was a utopia compared to the alternatives. 

If at any point Imperian gets 'too hardcore' for you, the safe words are:

qq
    quit

type them and hit enter.
  • edited February 2013
    Abigail said:
    Selthis said:
    Its just a way to farm PK when you're bored.

*etc etc*
    This is the most goddamn awful thing that I have ever heard. I really do feel ashamed that there are people in this community that are so hostile to society that they are willing to deliberately and repeatedly ruin people's enjoyment of something they pay for because they have nothing better to do.

There should not have to be a "workaround" for people wanting to grief you into not playing for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, unless you institute draconian PK rules like Achaea, you will end up with the current 'honor system' we have where rules are light. And either way, people are still going to game the system to harass others because very few people in any game with PVP have any shred of dignity or common courtesy.

Maybe I'm just the odd one out for actually caring about what other people think.
    It sounds like once Gurn crawled off the "won't someone think of the children" cross, it sort of went in a direction that most people can get down with.

The honor system can work.  If it doesn't that is what issues exist for. Also what the playerbase exists for.  In theory, we should be the ones saying "Whoa dude, that's a step too far." The administration should be the point of "okay, this dude has gone crazy and is screaming out racial epithets at people when he is killed". Either way,  I don't think they actively want to  drive people from the game.  Because that just eliminates potential for future PK.  As much as it might be annoying at times, Imperian is a conflict based game.

I realize you feel persecuted.  And I feel bad for you because you get trained a lot on the forums.   But you need to learn to shut your mouth and not take the bait.     It is no different than  people who talk smack after they die get killed again.  Don't be a Ziat and start  a war because you can't control your mouth.

• I was annoyed by it, but when I got killed, it was done and over with

simple as that

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    You never lose anything in Imperian that you can't get back.

Except Sinahr...:(
  • Ahkan said:
    You never lose anything in Imperian that you can't get back.

Except Sinahr...:(
    Some things are better left lost.

• It sounds like once Gurn crawled off the "won't someone think of the children" cross, it sort of went in a direction that most people can get down with.

I think we went off topic, because that was more or less the original point. Let's get more fighting, but leave it only to the combatants. I go off on tangents a lot that somehow end up being the main discussion.

Lesson learned: Put TL;DRs at the end so people know the main point. :<
  • edited February 2013
    Ahkan said:

qq
    quit
    Delrayne said:
    If you don't like it try one of the others?
    I'm sorry, but are you two seriously implying that I should allow people to bully me out of enjoying things that I pay money for? What kind of dumb shit is that?

There are more options than "deal with it" or "go away" when it comes to handling problems. The fact that it used to be worse doesn't justify how it is now. The fact that the game has PK as a focus does not give people the right to abuse the PK system.

But I guess it's just more convenient for you to brush that off as "whining", right?
  • The forums this weekend have been amazing.
  • Abigail said:
    Ahkan said:

qq
    quit
    Delrayne said:
    If you don't like it try one of the others?
    I'm sorry, but are you two seriously implying that I should allow people to bully me out of enjoying things that I pay money for? What kind of dumb shit is that?

There are more options than "deal with it" or "go away" when it comes to handling problems. The fact that it used to be worse doesn't justify how it is now. The fact that the game has PK as a focus does not give people the right to abuse the PK system.

But I guess it's just more convenient for you to brush that off as "whining", isn't it?
    Eh, for the most part, most of the fighters in this game don't go out of their way to kill you or repetitively kill you. Having been on both sides of it, the big thing that perpetuates this cycle is what we'll call "The Shaylei." You seem to be an apprentice of this form. When someone kills you, don't respond. If you're tired of dying while defending, notify one of the ranking members of the raid (usually on help files) and STOP BEING INVOLVED.

The most basic principle that you're not getting (read: refusing to accept) is that it is incredibly hard to be a victim in these games (barring crappy brony flames from angry men). There are are ways to insulate yourself from jerks. If they persist, knock it up the food chain and Jeremy will deal with it. I'm pretty sure Imperian still has a zero tolerance policy on harassment. Look at what happened to Shukron. The system works. 

Imperian doesn't force you to pk. As of the last few years, most pk is opt in. If you feel you've been killed for no reason ISSUE IT. What happened in Celidon was team bandwagon was bored and behaved like dongs to provoke Celidon into fighting. Celidon took the bait and whined about it (kind of like you are now). There's nothing really abusive going on here. It's not 'nice' but it's not abusive. If you don't want to deal with it..DON'T. You can ignore them or log off. Like Captain Planet said, the choice is yours.
  • edited February 2013

I'm sorry, but are you two seriously implying that I should allow people to bully me out of enjoying things that I pay money for? 

Yes. That's why most people in Imperian don't visit the forums.

EDIT: That being said, the not responding part of after getting killed works quite well.
  • Gurn said:

I'm sorry, but are you two seriously implying that I should allow people to bully me out of enjoying things that I pay money for? 

Yes. That's why most people in Imperian don't visit the forums.
    Don't endorse her overstating the problem. Nothing that went on this weekend was remotely issue worthy.
  • No, it's not issue worthy. Doesn't make it any less of bullying, though. It's really why the forums are known to be a cliquey group of PKers and why most people don't ever post, because they know they're going to get degraded, humiliated, and made fun of.
  • edited February 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Don't endorse her overstating the problem. Nothing that went on this weekend was remotely issue worthy.
    I'm not overstating the problem. You said it yourself: "if you don't like it, QQ". 

"If you don't like what people are doing, then leave."

Running away from your problems does not solve them.
  • edited February 2013
    Ahkan said:
    Eh, for the most part, most of the fighters in this game don't go out of their way to kill you or repetitively kill you. Having been on both sides of it, the big thing that perpetuates this cycle is what we'll call "The Shaylei." You seem to be an apprentice of this form. When someone kills you, don't respond. If you're tired of dying while defending, notify one of the ranking members of the raid (usually on help files) and STOP BEING INVOLVED.
    I wasn't around for the raid being discussed, and I don't throw fits in-game if I get killed, so I don't see why any of this is relevant.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    You posted a sensational representation of a text-pocalypse. If it's so bad, quit. It's a logical decision. If something on the internet makes you -that- miserable, it's time to safe word it out. Maybe it is that bad, maybe you can't handle it...I don't know. If it gets 'that' bad for you, you should step away and quit.

I also said: 
    You can ignore them or log off. Like Captain Planet said, the choice is yours. 

AlsoRunning away from your problems does not solve them. This is simply incorrect. If I run from a zombie, my running is most definitely a viable solution to my problems. 

• Gurn said:
    No, it's not issue worthy. Doesn't make it any less of bullying, though. It's really why the forums are known to be a cliquey group of PKers and why most people don't ever post, because they know they're going to get degraded, humiliated, and made fun of.

Abigail said:
    Ahkan said:
    I'm not overstating the problem. You said it yourself: "if you don't like it, QQ". 

"If you don't like what people are doing, then leave."

Running away from your problems does not solve them.
    Are we all reading the same forums? Ahkan and Juran get into it, and people come down on Abigail when she enters crazy tangent mode, but otherwise I haven't seen someone get 'bullied' on these forums since .. I don't know even know. It's been that long. If people roll up, are respectful and not super dramatic, they tend to get treated in kind.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited February 2013
    Ahkan said:
    I'm just going to stop pretending anything you say is relevant or even makes sense to begin with.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2013
    Hey man, when the world goes sour and there's zombies everywhere...you're going to want to know the rules. They -all- make sense.
  • edited February 2013
    Bathan said:
    Are we all reading the same forums? Ahkan and Juran get into it, and people come down on Abigail when she enters crazy tangent mode, but otherwise I haven't seen someone get 'bullied' on these forums since .. I don't know even know. It's been that long. If people roll up, are respectful and not super dramatic, they tend to get treated in kind. 
    It's not the forums, it's in-game. 

It's people who snub you, PK you, and then successfully issue you for circumventing snub when you try to find out why they PKed you. It's people who think having any emotional response other than "IDK" or "lol" is grounds for more PK.

Assholes who do asshole things ruin the game for non-assholes and this is what is being discussed.

One important side-effect of this focus on player vs. player interaction is that it can provide for a very intense and emotionally-laden environment. Beating a computer might feel good, and being beaten by one doesn't feel good, but the fact is that since you can never completely disconnect yourself from your character, you are going to feel what it feels to some extent. If you become a serious player, then you will not be able to help but be affected emotionally by what happens to your character.
  • It sounds like once Gurn crawled off the "won't someone think of the children" cross,

All the talk of pizza

When you whine/cry/forum-rage it inspires the trollkin to be trolly. This makes them fight harder, last longer and discover new ways to make you squeal. 

You don't make fun of people, degrade them, call up their past to humiliate them, then talk about how rewarding it is to aggravate and annoy people?

Huh.

• Abigail said:
    Ahkan said:
    I'm just going to stop pretending anything you say is relevant or even makes sense to begin with.
    It's possible to disagree while remaining civil and not devolving into personal attacks. Your failure to do so is a major reason for the continued negative reaction you receive.
  • edited February 2013
    Lionas said:
    It's possible to disagree while remaining civil and not devolving into personal attacks. Your failure to do so is a major reason for the continued negative reaction you receive.
    Please don't try to discredit what I'm saying by leveling false accusations against me. There is no personal attack involved in pointing out a troll.
  • Abigail said:
    Lionas said:
    Please do not try to discredit what I'm saying with false accusations.
    Fingers-in-ears syndrome is another reason for the continued negative reaction you receive.
  • Maybe this is a culture/personality thing.

Selthis is always reminded about stacking vitality.
    Sarrius will always be called the meat puppet.
    I will always be reminded of Calhoun math and Sinahr.
    People will always be reminded of the time they had mudsex and she was a he.
    Hibou will always be reminded of Justin Beiber and Michael Fassbender.
    Lionas will always be teased for being a cyborg and a grammar nazi.

None of these people get butthurt about it. They laugh with it.

Celidon had roleplay with pillow fights and pizza. You're never going to live that down. Thicker skin. No one is trying to put you down. It's an anecdote that makes everyone laugh when they remember it.
  • Lionas said:
    Fingers-in-ears syndrome is another reason for the continued negative reaction you receive.
    Yes! How dare I not pay attention to trolls! Shame on me, right?
  • Gurn said:
    It sounds like once Gurn crawled off the "won't someone think of the children" cross,

Was I inaccurate? Once you got over some belief  that everyone had to participate and thus be griefed out of the game and instead you focused on the part you were interested in (fighting other combatants), you sort of found some middle ground and killed Sarrius and I think Septus?

Just because you assume some people aren't made of sterner stuff doesn't mean they are indeed  wilting flowers.