Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Raven has no effect when sketched on a runestone.

AB RUNESTONE to see what things you can sketch on it.

THROW BONES FOR RAVEN in a room, then SAY RIDE HOME from anywhere else to go back to that room. Or SAY REMOVE HOME to get rid of it.
  • Ab RUNESTONE says:

Raven: when flared, flings you out of the room in a random direction, bypassing many
    obstacles along the way

• Seems to be bugged.
  • I'm thinking of picking up a second class but wanted to understand them before spending lessons.

Few questions:

What is a Knights basic balance for their main attacks and how does weapon speed effect that?

What do the damage stats on the weapons mean? They confused me a bit; it says "210 on a claymore and 110 damage on a longsword."

Wouldn't this mean the longsword is better damage in doing 220 damage stat on a combo and being faster?
  • I would hold off on buying a claymore. I think the current way death knights fight is either axe or longsword.
  • Speed stat is largely irrelevant, knight speed is standardized per weapon. I do not have my spreadsheet open right now (Google Drive is giving me issues on my phone) so I don't have exact data for you.

Speed is always better, imo. Claymore is niche, you want an axe or longsword. Scimitar if you want to get frisky with an aff style. DK is agreed upon as the worst knight, but Teeth and LS are a damn powerful approach if you can endure the machine gun aff meta.

Weapon stats largely mean nothing now, which helped us balance knights baseline. Artifact weapons just do extra x% dmg.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Thank you for the information.

What's niche about the claymore? Is it just damage and that isn't enough to kill?
  • Is there a hard cap to any of the stats?
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    edited April 2018
    Eochaid said:
    Thank you for the information.

What's niche about the claymore? Is it just damage and that isn't enough to kill?
    Yeah, that's pretty much it right there it is pure damage, which is not enough to kill anyone outright in this game (barring some exceptions: IE low-level players/afk people and cornered engineers). The claymore is more or less a bigger version of the broadsword which is the primary PVE weapon for the knight types. If you can handle the fact you're going to be extremely slow in terms of balance recovery in PVE.

The other 'problem' with the claymores is they don't have a lot of skills that work with them. Enhancements don't work, I don't know about DK abilities but I'm going to be an assumptive fool and say claymores don't work with their weapon enhancements either.

In short, claymores look cool but don't work well with the class, even in a quirky off-meta sense. Blame @Septus. He ruined claymores for everyone.

Edit: Technically there isn't a hard cap on the stats (I think?) but there are limited means of increasing your stats, so yes, there is a hard cap.
  • Are treant attacks from Desecration boosted by strength or any other stat?

Same question for Torment attacks in Torment? They sound like magic spells.
  • Eochaid said:
    Are treant attacks from Desecration boosted by strength or any other stat?

Same question for Torment attacks in Torment? They sound like magic spells.
    I didn't extensively test it, but most of the torment secondary attacks are mental, thus int based. You can test them out with the healthinfo config on and they will tell you the damage type. Mental or magickal is int, physical is str, agile is dex
  • Thank you for the help. I asked in a message as well but to make sure I understand it right.

Torment me with tears/entropy is:
    Damage Taken: 33 psychic, mental (raw damage: 47)
    This part of the damage, if I understand it right counts as mental and would be buffed by the collar and int buffs.

The tick effect from tears or entropy affliction comes up as:
    Damage Taken: 30 unblockable (raw damage: 30)
    and
    Damage Taken: 26 psychic (raw damage: 44)
    Which is source-less damage and is not buffed by any collar/weapon/or stat buffs.

Treant Smash me is:
    Damage Taken: 22 blunt, physical (raw damage: 38)
    This would be buffed by strength stats and nothing else.

Ravage me is:
    Damage Taken: 60 blunt, physical (raw damage: 121)
    This would be buffed by strength stats and the artifact flail. 

Thank's for the advice and let me know please if I have anything wrong.
  • Anyone want to save me from looking through 5 years of news posts and give me a quick recap. I’m clueless.

The hell happened to Stavenn?
  • edited April 2018
    Its story was over and the population of the org vs. the rest of the game called for it to die.

It also set a precedent that I suspect we will never honor again, lest more people cry foul.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • We did a ritual on top of a leyline that was located where stavenn was "I think" and then it exploded. - the city not the leyline- or maybe both :V and then dinosaurs attacked and then there was this really big whale appeared to help direct traffic from stavenn into various other cities with the use of a baton made of diacham. 

Tldr: stavenn blew up, everyone died. Now entities.
  • How does  Artifact 343  "a bauble of alteration"  work with the special races?
  • Same as gem of transmutation. If you've unlocked the race, you can switch to it. If you haven't, you cannot.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks.

I had another question about the artifacts.

A non artifact tower shield is 35%/35%, Kite shield 25%/25%. Arti shield in levels is 20/30/43.

Is it right that if I can use a tower shield the level 1 and 2 artifact shields are no use to me and if I can use a kite shield the level 1 shield is of no use?

There is a cheap 150 credit artifact for 10% for all non physical resistances except for Magick which is 750 for 15%. Is there a reason for the difference in cost and power?
  • RoMB and surcoat also effect based on attack type, making them stronger than the 15% on the surface cause hey esotericism and microtransactions are baller.

I think Zerk shield attack speeds change on shield type? Otherwise, the resist is the only effect.
  • Cool the 750 gives more resistances than it appears to do then. Makes sense. I was wondering why I'd pay 500 credits for an extra 5%.
  • Do stats scale equally at all points or are there break points and troughs?
  • They scale linearly, to my understanding.
  • Dexterity's bonus to evasion has a breakpoint at 12. The numbers are fuzzy for me right now, but I think it's 2.5 a point above that and 1 below that?
  • Gjarrus said:
    I think Zerk shield attack speeds change on shield type? Otherwise, the resist is the only effect.
    Damage, too, with the usual 10/15/20 scaling.
  • Does anyone know the max health formula and sip formula?

• ZyvZyv
    edited April 2018
    Eochaid said:
    Does anyone know the max health formula and sip formula?

You can make an alias to do this...
    <code><code>tonumber(matches[2]), tonumber(matches[3]), tonumber(matches[4]), 0

if tonumber(matches[2]) > 100 then
        lvl = 100<br>end<br><br>b = ((100+b)/100)<br><br>hp = (300 + (lone*((3*c)+4)))<br>hp = (hp*b)<br><br>cecho("\n<green>Level of: <white>"..lvl..".")<br>cecho("\n<green>With con: <white>"..c..".")<br>cecho("\n<green>Bracelet: <white>"..matches[4].."%")<br>cecho("\n<red>Equals&nbsp; : <green>"..hp.."hp.")</code><code>Pattern: ^hp (\d+) (\d+) (\d+)$<br>Code:<br>local lvl c, b, hp =

Using is simple. Simply do 'hp <level> <con> <bracelets>'
    Example: hp 100 16 10 for lvl 100 with 16 con and lv 2 bracelets (0/5/10/15 are the bracelet values for none/1/2/3 respectively)
    This would print out-
    Level of: 100.
    With con: 16.
    Bracelet: 10%
    Equals  : 6050hp.
    That gives the raw health values that gmcp provides. To get the Imperian values that shows in prompt, just divide by 11. This also works for mana/int.

As for sip, I think they vary a little. So I can't give a guaranteed value on that!
  • Oops, realised too late after I fixed it to work in Imperian... the 'lone' in the code above should be changed to 'lvl'
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    With the update to movement, I suddenly question why carriages still exist and if anyone uses them other than for the novelty.
  • I feel like this got messed up with the movement changes.

track Sylina
    [527|99|B:0|IF:0.0|E:45] [fdbeb] 27.12%  18:42:07:560
    You look off in the distance, listening for the wild horse.
    Equilibrium Taken: 4.70s
    [527|98|B:0|IF:0.0|E:45] [fdb-b] 27.12%  18:42:08:058
    You must regain your equilibrium first.
    [527|100|B:0|IF:0.0|E:45] [fdb-b] 27.12%  18:42:09:262
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    [527|100|B:0|IF:0.0|E:45] [fdbeb] 27.12%  18:42:12:893

• This is the thread for quick, simple questions, yes?

What exactly does the AB ENGINEERING MUSICBOX do?

currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)