So, I got the email about this promo and I'm playing a newbie. Here are some issues I've encountered:
- guilds give 10% xp bonus, but newbies are not encouraged to join them. In fact, many guilds want you to RP to join, which is a pretty split priority when you only have one month to get to 100
- newbies don't know the most efficient ways to do stuff
- newbies need to do more than level to fit in and learn the game, but the timeline makes that quite hard and mandates we focus on one goal
- the players themselves seem to really dislike this/the newbies it's brought in:
35. (2018/03/07 19:46) To X : "((dont have time/energy for all that. I have to get 100 and I also have RL to do. Thanks, tho." <--- regarding all the work to join a guild, which I ordinarily would enjoy
36. (2018/03/07 19:47) From X: "//You have a full month to do this. But if you don't, it's not the end of the world."
37. (2018/03/07 19:48) To X: "((only trying the game for this, if I don't get it, not staying."
38. (2018/03/07 19:48) From X: "then please leave."
Many of us have jobs and lives. We're happy to transfer games - in the case of me and my boyfriend, we are looking for a new IRE to get involved in....but not if the players themselves are going to resent us for it. We are just doing the promo, and there isn't time to do tons of RP when you are grinding for 100 in a game. I don't think it's crass to say that I'm here for the promo - it was designed to bring in new players to the game, not just give alts credits. If current players are bitching at us for trying out the game...I don't want to throw around credit buying, but I'm always happy to buy a few hundred with each newb. I've been hesitating, even with the sale.