Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Dunno where to put this, but it's 4 am and this is what happens when I get bored.
    (Partial Parody of 'Shake It Off' by Taylor Swift)

I stay up too late.
    Got something on my brain.

What's my family say, what's my family saay

I should go on some dates, but I don't know what to say

At least at home I can play, and be in pjs all day

But I keep losing
    Can't stop, won't stop losing
    It's like I got this curse on my grind
    Saying I don't know how to fight

Cause the PKers gonna K, K, K, K
    and the baiters gonna bait, bait, bait, bait
    Maybe I'm just gonna wait, wait, wait, wait.
    I wait it out, I wait it out.
    Ragemakers gonna make, make, make make make
    and the raiders gonna raid raid raid raid
    Maybe I'm just gonna wait, wait wait wait
    I wait it out, I wait it out

• Are there still plans to revamp leylines? Revamp might be the wrong word.. Change the benefits of (not) having them influenced to your circle?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • ZyvZyv
    edited March 2018
    A potential lot of questions all in one, since I may release my system when it's in a more "ready" state. Since Imperian's like the only one without a public system apparently!

1) Does anyone have a list of the curatives when they're eaten in a third-person state?
         eg: Zyv eats a maidenhair leaf.

2) Does anyone have a list of afflictions that have third-person lines, both for when they're given, and when they're cured?
        I'm not meaning attacks, I'm meaning for like the shuffling of feet, when someone gets impatience.

3) Does anyone have a list of all the afflictions tree/passive cures can cure? I know what focus/purge are capable of curing, but not those 2 (not here, at least).

4) Does anyone have the lines for the different limb damage levels, both for 1st and 3rd person?

5) This one may be asking for a bit much... But does anyone have a list of the different passive cures, and their 3rd person lines? Stuff like demon siphon, healing rite, etc.

--- Feel free to PM me them; I know it's asking for a lot! ---

Thanks in advance, I'll post something soon to show the state my system is at. At the moment it has deffing up in, pipes, WIP GUI which I'll probably be changing when the system's at a better spot. At the moment it's just placeholder stuff. Also has bashing support (the degree I'll have in the release, will be dependent on how generous I'm feeling at the time, at the moment it's entirely fledged out and completely capable)
  • Hi Zyv

I always look back to a past post for most of the that info. Dicene did up an amazing list. There may be some changes in wording, but I think they are all still the same. 

http://forums.imperian.com/discussion/512/someone-smack-some-sense-into-me

Hope that helps. 

Trev
  • That works.

Another question, then: Does anyone have a list of channeled instakills and their lines? Stuff like Devour, Marduk, etc.
  • Another, unrelated one:

What is the point of BANNERCODE in-game, if we can't put images in our forum signatures?
  • Why does my swift curse on mobs take 1.37 seconds of balance? 

The ab file says 1.3 cool down.

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Might be the statpack you're running? Could also be that the AB only goes to the tenth decimal point and not the hundredth. 
  • I'm clever stat pack which has a balance bonus. 
  • edited March 2018
    So, this one is a little difficult to explain, because it has to do with some historical implementation. Bear with me here.

tl;dr internally we add 0.2 seconds to balance times after they're calculated.

Back in the old days (prior to 2011), there was something called the Quarter Second Rule. It dictated that balance times could only have granularity to the quarter second - nothing in between. Because of it, and some other factors, balance times could be a bit of a pain, and things like weapon speed had less impact.

This was abolished in 2011 when the balance code was revamped, and you can read about some details in this announce post from 2011. You can also read the previous post which went into some detail about the quarter second rule and the reason we were able to remove it. What this meant is that the balance times we could report to players became much more accurate, and we were also able to have much better granularity with balance times. However, to keep balances as close as possible to previous balance times, it required us to add 0.2 seconds to balance times after they're calculated to account for some differences in the way they're being calculated overall.

Unfortunately, this leads to some confusion when calculating balance times. The base balance for swiftcurse is indeed 1.30 seconds (interally, 130 centiseconds). This is then adjusted by your statpack modifier (130 * 0.9) to give 1.17 seconds. Finally, the 0.2 seconds are added, giving you the value you see (137 centiseconds, 1.37 seconds).

This should probably be in a help file somewhere.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Curious about statpacks in Imperian. Are balance/eq buffs king? Or do they trend towards "Nice to have, but not totally necessary" allowing other statpacks to be used? Case in point, I'm running around as an astute berserker to try and make leveling as painless as possible. I still have my free reincarnation, and eventually would like to pick up a second class as time/credits allow. Is there a good generalist statpack I can go with that'll play fairly well?

Oh, playing in demonic. Eying engineer or defiler as the second class to pick up.
  • edited March 2018
    Jinko said:
    Curious about statpacks in Imperian. Are balance/eq buffs king? Or do they trend towards "Nice to have, but not totally necessary" allowing other statpacks to be used? Case in point, I'm running around as an astute berserker to try and make leveling as painless as possible. I still have my free reincarnation, and eventually would like to pick up a second class as time/credits allow. Is there a good generalist statpack I can go with that'll play fairly well?

Oh, playing in demonic. Eying engineer or defiler as the second class to pick up.
    Generally speaking, the balance buffs are king in pvp due to a better over all affliction rate/resource generation. I'm not too sure about berserker, but for defiler, something with a balance bonus is best. They already -can- have a lengthy wind up(not to say the class is bad. It was one of my favorites for the sole reason that it is hard to lose the momentum built up, once built)

Edit: there are fringe cases though where a different state pack might be viable though. Some people would use strong instead of athletic for defiler for example to get a little extra upfront damage before the big build up at the cost of slower resource generation. If you're like me and like to toy around it will probably be worth it to get one of the race/statpack changing artifacts. 
  • Double post but oh well. I tend to forget sometimes not everyone is focused on PvP. but despite that speed tends to be king in PvE as well. out of most of the classes I have tried you get more dps through speed then you would get from jacking like say your strength or intelligence higher, in my experience. for example, engineer is probably one of the highest, if not the highest dps for PvE because they can combine skills, shots, and statpacks to get some of the fastest attacks around, which contributes to a higher overall dps, even though the hits may be smaller. when I tested the hunting capabilities in the beta I could get sub .73 second attacks, which made the PvE dps insane. I think that's changed a little bit however, as I was using a chemical to boost balance that got removed before release. however, you can still get pretty close to 1 second attacks.
  • I should've specified, was mostly curious about pvp. And that does line up with what I'd figured from other IRE games.

Sounds like it'll be an athletic life for me!
  • Does evasion effect damage from mobs as well or is it a purely pvp skill?

• a glittering ring of vitality<br>an Ironwood warmask<br>a lunar shield<br>a pair of Bracelets of Epiphany's<br>a ring of Magick's Bane<br>a silver ring of meditation<br>a steelweave surcoat<br>a Truesilver Ring

Just from browsing around the forums and such, I've picked up these bits so far, as well as transing berserker skills, the miniskills, survival, evasion, and dropping about 200 lessons as I get them into perception. I'm curious what else would likely be a good investment if I'm looking into pvp and pve, along with picking up the engineer with a budget of about 4500 credits.

I know the acro boots are super handy if I'm not a berserker, but they're not something I'm looking at investing into at this point. I imagine a con belt (level 1 or 2), but since damage isn't going to be a concern, I'm thinking that I'll likely forego strength in exchange for dex boots or something since that'll buff both evasion and engineer damage. Any recommendations are welcome!

• Eochaid said:
    Does evasion effect damage from mobs as well or is it a purely pvp skill?

Effects damage from mobs.
  • edited March 2018
    Jinko said:
    Eochaid said:
    Does evasion effect damage from mobs as well or is it a purely pvp skill?

Effects damage from mobs.
    To piggy back on this, it effects the damage type, not mob vs player. if you turn on the config option to see the exact damage you're taking, it also shows the type. Anyways, evasion effects the physical damage type. so its effective based on what the mob is hitting you with. which a lot of the times does happen to be physical.
  • I would bash for free L1 bracelets, upgrade them, then buy an artifact longsword with the difference 
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • So nab a longsword, got it (I decided to cheat and get more vitals early). I realize my post isn't clear in that that list is what I've already purchased.
  • Yes, longsword is better for PK. The timing lines up far better with everything else.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    I would bash for free L1 bracelets, upgrade them, then buy an artifact longsword with the difference 

What do you mean by "I would bash for free L1 braceletes" ?
  • Eochaid said:
    Sarrius said:
    I would bash for free L1 bracelets, upgrade them, then buy an artifact longsword with the difference 

What do you mean by "I would bash for free L1 braceletes" ?
    100,000 mob kills achievement, rewards Lv1 bracelets.
  • Awesome. Can you get any other artifacts from achievements?
  • edited March 2018
    Other than the "exterminator" achivement, the closest thing to an artifact given by other achievements currently are the plague doctor mask and plague doctor staff given out by the achievements "pandemic panic" and "septic scourge", which impact the damage dealt to, and taken from, Champion Plagues and their spawn.

There are 10 other achievements that give items, but they're flavor items (dolls and the like)
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Is there any advantage to buying an artifact from the cart against buying the credits and buying it in game?

It's a 40% discount right now and 40% additional credits when bought?
  • It's the same as far as I can tell. It makes impulse buying easier, I suppose (guilty, bought a shield). In other IRE games I've seen things like auction/coin/dingbat/other currency items up, so it made more sense.
  • I was thinking buy the credits, convert them to get the lesson conversion bonus and then buy the artifact would be the most profitable way to do it.

Unless there's a bonus to buying directly off the website.
  • edited March 2018
    Naw it's the same price. The bonus lesson conversion is good, so there is that, but that just discourages you from buying them online. Ffs, now I'm kicking myself for not buying credits, converting, and then buying my shield! That sucks. Imo good game design and promos shouldn't make you regret your purchases for doing them in the wrong order or through the wrong medium.
  • Could always email support and see if they're willing to swap the shield for unbound credits. Over the years I've found IRE producers to be sympathetic to that sort of thing, since it fosters good will from the customer, but ymmv.