Skip to content

Khandavan Exodus

OhmOhm
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
Over the past few weeks Khandava has seen a steady exodus of players. While there is always some movement of players based on what is popular, it seems that the game is contracting into a two-sided contest organically due to lack of population or other factors.

If the game collapsed into two sided contest, how would demonic professions, territories and possibly lore  be divided amongst the two other factions?

Comments

• Territories? Wreck 'em.

Professions?

Delete Assassin, Renegade steals its name.

Give Defiler to AM, change some of the powers around, change the treant to a naturally magick-hating/magick-hunting wild beast. Reflavor as necessary.

Give Summoner to Magick, rename it Spiritbinder, reflavor as necessary.

Delete DK. Saves us work on fixing Necromancy.

Give Diabolist to Neutral, rename it, get rid of the ouroboros, make it a Spirit Realm 'thing'. Redo Ritualism to be less magickal.

The rest really doesn't matter. I concur that the game is contracting to a two side conflict, but the secret is we always have. There has always been a circle left out, the entire stretch of the game. It is just now further exacerbated by the severe drop in our population since Year 1. It this point, I think it is time to close the book on Demonic and call it a day. Imperian can live on a conflcit axis of magick vs. no magick. It has demonstrated, for years, to be capable of not needing a third circle. We just need to make it official.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I can see demonic and magick combining somehow.
  • I hate that good players are leaving thanks to this tri-lateral conflict when there is no way to support it. Please just cut the life support already
  • edited February 2018
    As part of the current story arc, Silantor gains undisputed control over undeath - to such an extent that mortals can no longer use necromancy or other closely related arts. The Leechtree falls under his command and he becomes the Big Bad in Legions's absence. A few older (or maybe newly introduced?) Khandavan NPCs work to uncover methods of achieving similar ends with their skills using different power sources after being driven from their home.
  • Building on what @Ozreas said, the tendrils could use the roots of the Leechwood to find unfathomable power. Defilers lose control. Successive attempts to regain control and pacts with demonic entities fail - entities could lead a cataclysm to prevent fallout to the rest of the world 
  • uh, what? Just because not a whole lot of Demonic players post on the forums, does not mean that there is no activity on that side. Like I've told players in game, there is an ebb and flow to every organization. People will hop orgs, some more than others but that doesn't really equate to let's kill off an entire side because a few moved over to other cities for example. I don't normally want to put people on the spot but look at @rokas. @Rokas and @fanglor were able to work with people in his city to make Ithaqua into a thriving capital with roleplay and pvp. Will something similar happen to Khandava? I don't see why not. The new faces I've been seeing means there is potential. I'd like to give them and the players that make up Demonic's faction more chances to play.