Skip to content

Improving Imperian

1111112113114115117»

Comments

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    edited February 2018
    I get how people push for 80 so they don't have to eat/sleep/drink anymore, and I accept that. But cooking and libation trade skills kinda seem like they're built around the idea of someone having to eat/drink on a regular basis, and once you're past level 80 it loses any meaning beyond seeing some wonderfully crafted messages by people who like food or drink when you see a dish that catches your eye in a shop.

So why not have a config where you can opt into having to eat and drink again? This'd probably make you vulnerable to other things in combat but I'm willing to risk violence induced food poisoning for a reason to go eat foods. Otherwise they just kinda sit there and don't really mean anything.

TL;DR - I want to be hungry again. Make food matter again.

• what if the only ones who don't need to eat are champions? 
  • Perhaps it could be that you don’t need to eat and have 50 HP less or need to eat and sleep and 50 HP more
  • Ohm said:
    Perhaps it could be that you don’t need to eat and have 50 HP less or need to eat and sleep and 50 HP more
    I like where you are going with this, but I think food should be a buff in general, like in most mmorpgs and even just RPGs of today. You see it in WoW, you even see it in newer games like Monster Hunter. It's no where near required but people do like the idea of having that little bit of edge. Admittedly a lot of the pk crowd wouldn't like it because it's yet another cost for combat, and just gives more power creep. I can't think of a way to balance it on both spectrums either other than what you said. I personally find not having to eat as one of the main reasons I enjoy imperian. Being from akanbar, the constant, you are hungry you should eat was annoying :<
  • edited February 2018
    I just think the sleep mechanic is the largest issue tbh. Whatever y'all want just don't make sleep a part of it. Buying food has always been whatever, but sleeping is easily one of the most annoying things in muds
  • edited February 2018
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3736
    Date: 2/14/2018 at 2:32
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Food Pellets

Hello, Imperian!

Just a quick note to let you know that food pellets are not edible by players anymore (but can still be fed to your pets!). Go buy some real food!

Happy Homphing!
    Eoghan

Penned by my hand on the 2nd of Bellum, in the year 156 AM.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • In Aetolia, once you hit 80 you will no longer take damage from starving. However, you do still get hungry - and when you are full, you get the 'sated' defense, which gives you an extra 10% exp gain, providing an incentive to eat food. 

I think Imperian has enough xp boosts, but perhaps something similar could be implemented?
  • edited February 2018
    Nikau said:
    In Aetolia, once you hit 80 you will no longer take damage from starving. However, you do still get hungry - and when you are full, you get the 'sated' defense, which gives you an extra 10% exp gain, providing an incentive to eat food. 

I think Imperian has enough xp boosts, but perhaps something similar could be implemented?
    I would like this so you can replace the owl tattoo with something more useful. Especially because at 80 is about when most newbies want to start trying out pvp and need that slot for something else like hood

Edit: so what I'm saying is make the food buff and owl mutually exclusive I guess
  • Aodan said:
    Nikau said:
    In Aetolia, once you hit 80 you will no longer take damage from starving. However, you do still get hungry - and when you are full, you get the 'sated' defense, which gives you an extra 10% exp gain, providing an incentive to eat food. 

I would like this so you can replace the owl tattoo with something more useful. Especially because at 80 is about when most newbies want to start trying out pvp and need that slot for something else like hood

Edit: so what I'm saying is make the food buff and owl mutually exclusive I guess
    I mean, if we did the food bonus, maybe ditch owl altogether. I'm tired of trying to convince newbies not to bleed to death because someone told them they need that bit more EXP.
  • Anarys said:
    Aodan said:
    Nikau said:

I mean, if we did the food bonus, maybe ditch owl altogether. I'm tired of trying to convince newbies not to bleed to death because someone told them they need that bit more EXP.
    Well they do