Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• PellerinPellerin Eastern USA
    As to the Knight thread, I post sparingly and tend to agree with Septus. There is a good base there, it just needs some love/tweaking to actually do what it is attempting to do. I was Templar and to say that they need Flares or something like it though I think may be wrong, I did well at it and it was because of the Rites usage.  I have never used DK, but it seems most of my frustration with Templar and RG comes from not being fast enough to compete/get to a required outcome. Knights do well early but fade. A disclaimer here, I am no game mechanics guy and would defer to my betters here, but it seems that some or most of the problems Knights have 1v1 is lack of speed. I leave Groups out as there is no argument, they are good in Groups, but of late there are no Group engagements.

-Pell
  • I would really like a toggle that allows me to go back to the old queuing system. I liked when new queue commands overwrote the present one.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • @Theophilus ok:

function eqbal(cmd,new)<br>	if not new then<br>		send("queue reset all")<br>		send("queue eqbal "..cmd)<br>	else<br>		send("queue eqbal "..cmd)<br>	end<br>end

Example of using old queue eqbal:
    eqbal("kick Owyn")

Example of using new queue eqbal:
    eqbal("kick Owyn",1)
  • OwynOwyn US
    edited January 2018
    Thought: A special bashing area that gives negative experience. That's right, you have to pay to hunt there with your existing experience. Pro: the mobs have low hitpoints and there are too many of them to run out of.

Edit: They also do low damage. And don't group-aggro.
  • @Owyn, buy 20 coins like the rest of us.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • @Wyll I could but that's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking for an area that gives negative experience.
  • Owyn said:
    @Wyll I could but that's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking for an area that gives negative experience.
    What could possibly be the benefit in negative experience? Enlighten me if I am missing something. I can only see the benefit in low health mobs that don't run out is you get the mob kill achievements. Which would be why I directed you to coins.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • @Wyll Sure, but coins cost tokens. Lost experience is free. If you just buffer your losses with enough gains it doesn't matter. Not everyone cares about their overall experience rank.
  • OwynOwyn US
    edited January 2018
    @Dimitri You... disagree with the fact that not everyone cares about their overall experience rank...? Interesting stance, since I'm saying I clearly don't care about my overall experience rank.

EDIT: New idea, since people seem to want to disagree for no reason other than, "Well I wouldn't hunt there so why should you have it?" Open pk bashing area. Achaea has several, Aetolia has one. If they don't like my non-open-pk pay-with-experience suggestion, make this one an option. Now my intentions are not thinly veiled. I plan to hunt to my heart's content and if someone else enters the area, I will just kill them. Good conflict generator.
  • Right now, using a red shard to influence a leyline intersection only increases the achievement stat 'leyline influenced' by one (just as if we used a blue shard). I think it should increase the count by 5 since it is like using 5 blue shards.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Ithaqua is the only city that has a horde caravan come right outside the city (vnum 15556 - At the Base of a Great Black Pine). Maybe the route could be changed to avoid this room. I know it is unlikely for the caravan to not pass by the area right outside of Ithaqua completely, but it would be nice if the room right outside of the city could be avoided.

• Allow PATH TRACK <city> to work if your city has the city tutor despite being enemied. As it stands now, you must use PATH SHORTEST and then PATH GO if you're an enemy to avoid pathing to city and dying to guards. With the tutor, this concern is no longer present. Not a huge, huge deal, but I type PATH TRACK out of habit, so I end up entering three commands instead of just one.

• Allow PATH TRACK <city> to work if your city has the city tutor despite being enemied. As it stands now, you must use PATH SHORTEST and then PATH GO if you're an enemy to avoid pathing to city and dying to guards. With the tutor, this concern is no longer present. Not a huge, huge deal, but I type PATH TRACK out of habit, so I end up entering three commands instead of just one.
    Make an alias with pattern ^path track (\w+)$ and it will do send("PATH SHORTEST "..matches[2].."|PATH GO")
  • Dreacor said:
    Allow PATH TRACK <city> to work if your city has the city tutor despite being enemied. As it stands now, you must use PATH SHORTEST and then PATH GO if you're an enemy to avoid pathing to city and dying to guards. With the tutor, this concern is no longer present. Not a huge, huge deal, but I type PATH TRACK out of habit, so I end up entering three commands instead of just one.
    Make an alias with pattern ^path track (\w+)$ and it will do send("PATH SHORTEST "..matches[2].."|PATH GO")
    This coukd of also get you in trouble though xD recommend using a toggle for if you care or not. 
  • OwynOwyn US
    edited January 2018
    Aodan said:
    Dreacor said:
    Allow PATH TRACK <city> to work if your city has the city tutor despite being enemied. As it stands now, you must use PATH SHORTEST and then PATH GO if you're an enemy to avoid pathing to city and dying to guards. With the tutor, this concern is no longer present. Not a huge, huge deal, but I type PATH TRACK out of habit, so I end up entering three commands instead of just one.
    This coukd of also get you in trouble though xD recommend using a toggle for if you care or not. 
    This is exactly what I have in my system. Path track? Path find? Pffft. Path shortest errytime. Do it. If you face-check enemy things, it's just funny.
  • I was just informed that all of your bones in your boneyard are wiped after completing a summoning. I don't think is very fair... 4 hours for a summoning is a very long time, and it takes some time to get people together. In the meantime, we are penalized for any champion kills we get beyond 50 since all bones are wiped and decay outside of boneyard. This might be deliberate for whatever reason, but why destroy all bones instead of just 50 of them..?

• Because we love to time and convenience gate our PK community, alongside a serious obsession with obfuscating information in regards to this specific system for no reason whatsoever.

No, really, there's no good reason for it. We just do these things Because.

I think we should definitely look in to allowing a Champion to retain their boneyard if they have 1 or more extra bones in the yard. In the mean time, you can always gift them to other Champions.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Because we love to time and convenience gate our PK community, alongside a serious obsession with obfuscating information in regards to this specific system for no reason whatsoever.

No, really, there's no good reason for it. We just do these things Because.

I think we should definitely look in to allowing a Champion to retain their boneyard if they have 1 or more extra bones in the yard. In the mean time, you can always gift them to other Champions.
    Last I remember, there is a significant chance of them to crumble if I take them out. That's 15 extra bones wasted.

• Easy, totally unethical solution: get 15 Ithaquans to raid your yard, then conveniently help them get rid of their champion status.

Violates the spirit of the rules, not the letter of the law. At this point though, the entire system feels designed to inconvenience the player, so anything you'd need to do to alleviate that is probably justified.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • If you stopped ganking leveling champions so much you'd have less bones to worry about. ;D
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    If we stopped ganking people who opt into a completely voluntary system who only opt in for the XP boost, there'd be no bones to pick up in the first place. You can't flag yourself as champ and then turn around and say I'M JUST DOING IT FOR THE EXPEE.

Welcome to Imperian, prepare to die. (provided you opt in)
  • Haha Jol is only joking, I don't think anyone has been crying about being jumped while bashing (at least recently).

I feel like people have been pretty good about it - not ignoring us, but letting us feel the downsides of championhood without crushing us as soon as we go champ. It is a nice balance of taking advantage of noncoms like myself who are using a PK oriented system, and also not being an asshole, which I had honestly expected more of. 

On topic, could there be some logic that tells mobs not to group up massively? Cause walking into a group of 2 moroi, 4 bats and 3 wolves hurts my feelings (and then my internal organs as they get turned into paste) :'(
  • Yeah, he was definitely only joking. Kah and Jol are my favorite people to kill.

@Kah, in the past, @Elokia (RIP) has asked us to let her know if there are rooms where mobs bunch up in droves (this was specifically in reference to the UW). The admin might be willing to make some changes to spawns if we ask nicely. Not completely sure though.

• Even if binding fails, a champion should still get to "claim" the area to which the plague goes. So when I type PLAGUES, I still claim Ithaqua Forest. And if the Ithaqua Forest was, let's say, already claimed.. it would go to the next area over, and I get to claim that. Not happy about 50 bones being wasted.

• See, I tried to argue this and I was met with silence and a reduction in plague cost. I took it as a mixed victory and defeat.

As well as undocumented changes to protect plagues only after I had spent bones. Accept that this is a live beta test and you will either wash your hands of the system or not get so frustrated at the complete lack of transparency in it.

There's a lot wrong with the system. That's why it is being revised this year, according to the 2018 post. 
  • It almost sent me over the edge. Not only did I waste those bones, but I also killed myself to get rid of the stupid parasite since there is no info whatsoever about plagues (and too many bones required to discover them all and experiment) and lost my champion streak. Still might not come back for a week or two--at minimum.

• I wish you had logged it so I could have a look. The parasite continues to elude me in terms of information, I merely know it exists. :(

I think the lack of transparency is a bit like artificially inflating the interest. It would feel less like that if plagues weren't such a picky system otherwise, tbh. The pity timer, the ridiculous nature of binding, the bone cost, the lack of rewards (that we know of :neutral:), etc really just make an onerous system to use long term.
  • edited February 2018
    Diag:
    You is being sucked dry by a parasite..

Deals like 4 blunt damage each tick with 5-10 bleeding.

The message for delivery doesn't really matter, I don't think. No additional parasites attach. I tried to SCRUB, BURN PARASITE, WRITHE, TUMBLE, TOUCH TREE, FOCUS, PURGE BLOOD..

• Sarrius said:
    I wish you had logged it so I could have a look. The parasite continues to elude me in terms of information, I merely know it exists. :(

I think the lack of transparency is a bit like artificially inflating the interest. It would feel less like that if plagues weren't such a picky system otherwise, tbh. The pity timer, the ridiculous nature of binding, the bone cost, the lack of rewards (that we know of :neutral:), etc really just make an onerous system to use long term.
    I log everything, but wasn't there for the summoning. Let me know if you'd still like to see at least the combat portion of the ordeal.

@Theophilus, I'm sincerely hopeful you don't quit. I think we can get this resolved - I'm sure @Jeremy, @Eoghan know how frustrating it is in this game, with this smaller population, to work for a week or two to scrounge up bones, dealing with the flak that results from that, only to do -nothing- wrong and wind up with this failed summon sitting in your lap.

For what it's worth, I had fun even with the failure - but I don't think it should chance for failed summon if you don't mess anything up. It's not like the system is that great to begin with that they need to penalize people for using it.