Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Delrayne said:
    You get ten puffs out of a pipe, learn2math. That being said, it isn't unreasonable to get a message about it going empty like vials do.
    I don't have the technical know-how to code a puff counter or an auto-refill script.
  • Abigail said:
    I'd also like to see something like the vialbelt mechanic for pipes where smoking the last bit of plant in your pipe would auto-refill it from your rift.
    If this happens, please refund my 5 tokens per token pipe, because 90% of their draw has been lost when all I need is one empty pipe and a rift full of linseed at 4gp/per...

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2013
    Khizan said:
    If this happens, please refund my 5 tokens per token pipe, because 90% of their draw has been lost when all I need is one empty pipe and a rift full of linseed at 4gp/per...
    It's a QOL improvement for something you can already do if you know how to script. The standard restrictions against outrifting/putting plants in pipe should still apply, this is more "make autocuring auto-refill pipes if it can't find one to smoke" and not "magically make pipes refill themselves."
  • New topic!

This is some serious #fwp, but can we get an artifact system similar to Aetolias? (i think?)

Buy fancy smancy item.
    Buy +2 con power to item
    Buy level 2 regen to item

probe fancy smancy item
    This trophy of bad decision making is imbued with +2 con, +2 regen, +2 sip. Its name is "tank-o-tron."
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Or being able to apply the artifact template(s) to any item. So you can go buy a snazzy cloak that you really love, and have it arti'd out.
  • Eh. I like being able to generally gauge somebody's level of artifactiness via look. :( 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    Eh. I like being able to generally gauge somebody's level of artifactiness via look. :( 
    Or PEER MIRROR. :P

• Juran said:
    Khizan said:
    Eh. I like being able to generally gauge somebody's level of artifactiness via look. :( 
    Or PEER MIRROR. :P
    Not all of us are stalkers. :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • How about path find shard not taking you to a shard someone else is already harvesting?

Delrayne said:
    How about path find shard not taking you to a shard someone else in your circle/on your allies list is already harvesting?
    I've had far too much fun surprise finding people at singles.
  • Please use the newly created thread for all your weapon accuracy arguments. Thanks!
    Add 3 simple things to autocurer's prio's, please. Blind, deaf, rebounding. I understand they are defenses, and I don't need the whole defense list, but if you are going to market this healing system, as you should because of the revolutionary effect it has had on combat and number of pk'ers, even if you don't allow priority selection for all the defenses that take a sip/smoke/apply/eat balance, those three are incredibly necessary, deaf and blind at the very least. I can manually use my rebounding alias to turn it on and off as needed, because I pay attention in fight spam, but deaf and blind I can't config. I can choose to not let autocuring handle defenses in combat, and then that necessitates the creation of the backbone of a healing system client side just to avoid getting roflpwnt by oxalis.
  • That's something I've been asking for, too. Deaf/blind needs to be a separate config option from the rest of the defenses.

Alternatively, add a whitelist for automatic defense application. That way, you can choose which defenses you want to let autocuring handle and which ones you don't.
  • I idea'd this shortly after timestamps on channels went into effect:
    Give us timestamps for personal tells.

• Or, leave auto defenses in the shape they are in so I can make 1v1 transfix as a sab, without traps or room prep, into something awesome? Thanks!
    In addition to timestamps on tells, and I know this has been mentioned before, but could we possibly get mobiles that send you a tell to have their tell and vnum displayed on TELLS or TELLS FULL? Really frustrating trying to talk to a ritualist and telling some orc in kenuba that you're smithing the bone chain right now.
  • I don't think you mean vnum, you mean their repnum. Vnum is a room construct.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
    edited February 2013
    Yes that. Even their general tag would work, provided it actually gets you to respond to the right one. Or better yet, just the ability to reply to them.
  • It's not terribly high priority, but it would be nice if, say, engineers could build shovels. If my character can assemble a sewing machine, sticking a curved piece of metal onto a wooden handle shouldn't be all that difficult.
  • Shovels are in Smithing.
    Also, list current player's profession on cwho as well as gwho?
  • Garryn said:
    Shovels are in Smithing.

Really? Wow, I had never noticed that.
  • edited February 2013
    Until such time that tattoo locations matter, could it be possible to simplify the syntax for inking on yourself or another, placing the tattoo on whatever spot happens to be available?

Something like: INK <tattoo> ON <player/me>
    As opposed to: INK <tattoo> ON <location> OF <player/me>

It's really just a quality of life thing, because the current syntax requires that you find out where the empty slots are on yourself or your target. While realistic, sure, it's not super convenient, especially if your moss/boar/whatever runs out while you're bashing/in a shardfall and you have to spend a few extra seconds figuring out which slots you have open.

• ANY is a valid location, currently
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • INK <tattoo> ON ANY OF <player>
  • edited February 2013
    [6:09][H:110 M:100 E:109 W:100 X:28.48][eb db] wield axe
    You begin to wield a rune-etched horseman's axe in your right hand.
    [6:09][H:110 M:100 E:109 W:100 X:28.48][eb db] sheath axe
    That is not a weapon you may sheath.
    [6:09][H:110 M:100 E:109 W:100 X:28.48][eb db] 

I don't like this. Please do one of the following:

1. Allow axes to be sheathed.
    2. Add a new type of sheath that can hold any weapon, like a baldric or sling (my preferred choice.)
    3. Add in weaponbelts that can hold several sheathed weapons.
  • I'd vote for number 2. Weaponbelts are dull.
  • Sent By: (imperian) on 2/18/2013/14:08
    X bestows his/her guildfavour on you.

Let me be even lazier by including the reasons in the message for city/council/guildfavours?

'X bestows his guildfavour on you for: Being awesome.'

• edited February 2013
    Curious if others would love this as much as me.
    Idea #53099                   Reporter(s): Dicene
    Priority: General

Reported by Dicene at 2013/02/18 15:42:
    I end up sending random mistells to people a lot when misspelling commands, but I still want to use NAMETELLS. A feature to set NAMETELLS only to accept full names, or to accept a set number of letters instead of any number of letters would be amazing. No more mistells to anyone with an A at the beginning of their name when I misspell AB.

I'm sure people are sick of my random tells of TAMING HIDE or SPATIUM VORTEX by now.

Edit: Regarding Abigail's Sheath woes. I would imagine custom sheathes that work for bigger weapons are very RPable. The fact that I can use the same sheath for a claymore and then for a dirk seems a little weird to me. I would imagine adding weapon specific sheaths wouldn't be too hard, and would be great for those of us that get rp enjoyment in what we wear. Glad I can at least WEAR my whip when I'm not wielding it. =P
  • Yeah, I have same sheathing issues when it comes to my spear and handaxes...I'd at least like to be able to wear my spear. Handaxes aren't that huge of deal to me unless axetoss recognizes them in a sheath like it does in your inventory.