Skip to content

Air ships?!?!

I've been struck with the the idea of Imperian introducing air ships now that engineers are a class.. having an event based around steampunk/clockwork contraptions. Taking a bit of inspiration from achaea ships and turn the sky's of Imperian into epic battle grounds, and opening up for sky pirates and other things like trading routes. I know this is a bit far fetched for any time soon, but is this something anyone else would be really interested in? 

Comments

• SanyaSanya Australia
    Aetolia is already doing this
  • Well, we have gyrocopters, so heavier than air flight has begun.

That's about the fanciest thing Engineer does, so far, but it'll be interesting to see how this impacts the game going forward.
  • I was thinking a more large scale type air ship, where you can have several people on board.. mount weapons for aerial battles similar to a sea battle. 
  • I approve of this. I've never experienced the other 'ship' things in IREs because Imperian is my first, but I always had a blast in Lithmeria and Akanbar sailing.
  • edited January 2018
    I haven't played Achaea, but this sounds a lot like Lusternia's Aetherships. It's a lot of fun to participate in, especially the group aspect in coordinating attacks and joining armadas with other ships for pvp Aethercraft battles.

Command Chair: Piloting the aethercraft, including joining armadas,
    transversing to other planes, and ramming other ships. The "pilot" branch
    of aethercraft.

Empathic Grid: Healing hull damage as well as module damage. Also
    communicating and scans are done through the empathic grid. The "empath"
    branch of aethercraft.

Battle Turrets: The ability to use a battle turret to fight aethermonsters as
    well as other ships. The "combateer" branch of aethercraft.
  • Only if we can have stinger missiles and diacham dirigibles.
  • Airships would be awesome, but I think they'd be even better if they were amphibious like in FFIX. Air AND sea battles, people.
  • I'll jump on the naysayer train: I think airships, while cool, do not belong in Imperian.

We don't need more features to ignore, we don't need new conflict generators to ignore. We need greater attention to detail and polish on the mountain of shit we've already got to play with.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • When a lot of your recent features are bad, what harm in trying to make something worth caring about? Bring on air pvp battles, and let us fight for our place in the clouds.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever