Skip to content

Mudlet 3.7.0: colour triggers fixed, default profiles can be deleted

Surprise release! Consider this a Christmas present. We found an important bug with the colour triggers and we've fixed it promptly for you, plus added a ton of other goodies!

Read all about it: https://www.mudlet.org/2017/12/mudlet-3-7-0-colour-triggers-fixed-default-profiles-can-be-deleted

As you can see, Mudlet is a team effort, a collaboration of many people. Looking to learn something new for Christmas? Join in, everyone is welcome to help make playing MUDs more awesome!

Comments

• @Vadi Is there a way to change the hotkeys for things like extending the cursor up and down? It's a super nice feature, but I already have those hotkeys assigned to moving through desktops and because I'm already used to them doing that, I don't want to change those system settings.
  • I'm afraid not until someone adds a way
  • edited January 2018
    I kinda briefly poked you about this on the discord, @Vadi, but I'm wanting to ask again now that I'm able to sit down and be more articulate.

In CMUD I remember I used to be able to make ansi triggers for *any* color/scheme because the ansi triggers were able to recognize hex color codes. It was even possible to just copy/paste a line into an ansi trigger and it'd generate the code itself. I wonder if it could be a possibility to add this functionality to mudlet as well. 

It'd save me so, so much grief, as I use color triggers instead of text triggers for demmonic (so it will capture emotes/deathsights/other messages that can't be completely coded in). I've had to use the in-game config to make says/emotes have a nasty background to prevent occasional random things in the game to be captured, then use mudlet to color the lines legibly, when ideally I could use one of the 256 colors Imperian supports and not blind myself if I'm ever playing away from my system. D= 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Sure, sounds like a good idea - put it up on https://github.com/mudlet/mudlet/issues