Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• I know Aetolia got rid of the fee's entirely. No idea as to the reasoning behind theirs though
  • Yesssss, let joint accounts be a thing. This way in case anywhere ever decides to RP divorce court, it will be extra juicy when joint accounts are brought up.

PS: If anyone plans to divorce anytime soon, please do a divorce court. I desperately want to be an audience member.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Returning to Aetolia recently, they have SO MUCH BETTER STUFF for RP like this that I was legitimately blown away.  It's funny because Imperian used to be the one quite resoundingly ahead there - it was why I originally retired my Aetolian vamp and made Anette.  It's funny the difference some time makes, I guess.
  • Yeah, for the longest time they refused to make emotes that would allow you to have words before your name, because of 'illusions'. Lots of complaints about Imperian having that actually was part of why I came here instead of elsewhere. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I feel with a lot of QoL stuff, it should be streamlined for all IRE's. Some do it better than others, and I realize producers will feel that a feature offered on another game might interfere with whatever in their game. It's really subjective and down to the producers opinions.

For example.. I had to message Tiur over in Aetolia to ask him to make promo items bound to the player so it wouldn't get lost/stolen. Since, a friend died and a mob literally stole a promo item she paid for with RL money from her dead corpse.

I was told more or less that the items weren't bound so it could be traded. A simple PROMO TRADE command would solve that issue. A PROMO MARKET would solve the issue of putting it into shops. It seemed so obvious to me, but that is because I come from Imperian.

Anyways, they finally fixed it to where mobs don't steal promo items.. but that's just an example of how QoL stuff isn't streamlined across all games.

Ultimately, that was the main reason why I didn't take playing on Aetolia seriously and took it off of my backup list of games to play when I'm bored with Imperian. If my assets aren't protected, no thanks.

But they do do a lot of RP stuff very well, example above with poses and I'd love to see that here. Think of all the possibilities!

1. You can open up your own flea market, pose items however you want in a room and hawk your wares.
    2. Set up a grusome murder scene.
    3. Set up items to give off clues for a player-run scavenger hunt event
    4. Change items up temporarily for holiday decorations(put cobwebs on your normally clean vase)

The possibilities!
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    I'm gonna tell you right now, if it lets me pose mob corpses, i won't need a sect. I will have found my religion. No i'm not insane, i just really get a giggle out of corpse physics in video games.
  • edited October 2017
     I'm surprised we are not able to look at the descriptions of items on a person such as shields, swords, etc. E.g LOOK AXE on LARTUS would do something like: Possessing a medium-length wooden hilt topped by a pair of deadly-looking

axeblades, this weapon is the favourite of many dwarves. An intricate dwarven design is carved into one of the blades. 

I do know that currently we can only see what is worn, not wielded yet.

• LOOK <person> <item> already worked for worn items. It works for wielded ones now as well.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • automatic design renewal via bank please ~ 
    design refresh all having an option to refresh all designs, not just those under X days left ~
    please let me somehow 'fill' kegs in bars so I can have nice, pretty numbers that don't make me twitchy ~ 
    i can't make it to bug day ~
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I would like to be able to see how close I am to catching a fish, but then maybe I'm just spoiled from Achaea fishing. 
  • It would be nice if Autocuring information was available in GMCP
  • Anette said:
    It would be nice if Autocuring information was available in GMCP
    Balances are already sent in gmcp.Char.Vitals. Information beyond that would be much higher overhead, so we try to avoid sending things like it via frequent gmcp events (which is why, e.g., gmcp.Afflictions.List is only sent when requested). What specific autocuring information are you wanting to see?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Anette said:
    Balances are already sent in gmcp.Char.Vitals. Information beyond that would be much higher overhead, so we try to avoid sending things like it via frequent gmcp events (which is why, e.g., gmcp.Afflictions.List is only sent when requested). What specific autocuring information are you wanting to see?
    Well specifically it would be nice to be able to upon request get the state of the various autocuring settings, for one, so that my system knows what it has to handle and what the server is handling, since I have a few different users and they all seem to have different setups in regard to this.  I can poll this in-band right now but its messy.
  • Anette said:
    Eoghan said:
    Anette said:
    Well specifically it would be nice to be able to upon request get the state of the various autocuring settings, for one, so that my system knows what it has to handle and what the server is handling, since I have a few different users and they all seem to have different setups in regard to this.  I can poll this in-band right now but its messy.
    I could definitely support an active request that just returns your current autocuring settings, the same way the client can actively request skills or the people in a comm channel.

I would be against doubling the number of outgoing calls in a team fight by every command sending subtelnet to the client in addition to the triggerable line, but just letting subtelnet ask 'hey, what stuff is on?' and getting a table in response seems fine.
    You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
    Like a daydream.. or a fever
  • edited October 2017
    Mitra said:
    I would like to be able to see how close I am to catching a fish, but then maybe I'm just spoiled from Achaea fishing. 
    Anglers rejoice! While reeling in a fish, you'll now get an indication on how long your line is. - Eoghan
  • Naruj said:
    Anette said:
    Eoghan said:
    Anette said:
    I could definitely support an active request that just returns your current autocuring settings, the same way the client can actively request skills or the people in a comm channel.

[...] just letting subtelnet ask 'hey, what stuff is on?' and getting a table in response seems fine.
    This would basically be exactly what I'd like :)
  • Eoghan said:
    Mitra said:
    I would like to be able to see how close I am to catching a fish, but then maybe I'm just spoiled from Achaea fishing. 
    Anglers rejoice! While reeling in a fish, you'll now get an indication on how long your line is. - Eoghan

Well, great. Now I have to fix my fishing script.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Wyll said:
    Eoghan said:
    Mitra said:

The beginning of the line is the same. If you anchored the end-of-line you'll need to update. Otherwise, it'll keep working.
  • Eoghan said:
    Wyll said:
    Eoghan said:
    Mitra said:

The beginning of the line is the same. If you anchored the end-of-line you'll need to update. Otherwise, it'll keep working.
    Figured that out, thanks. I was grumbling thinking it was more changes than that since I just updated it not long ago.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • So we get less and less TeamFFAs these days, but:

TeamFFAs in the neutral Coliseum should distribute players to teams after the event begins; this will also allow us to make allowances for 'usually 2 team unless our #s make a 3 team actually cool'. This also ensures that we all don't play chicken on who joins first. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited October 2017
    Sarrius said:
    So we get less and less TeamFFAs these days, but:

TeamFFAs in the neutral Coliseum should distribute players to teams after the event begins; this will also allow us to make allowances for 'usually 2 team unless our #s make a 3 team actually cool'. This also ensures that we all don't play chicken on who joins first. :(

Actually I think this is a great idea for neutral ffa's. Non standard ones that don't join a color (I don't know if Imperian has that set) but put you into the next slot always ends up being a diminished game based on if so and so joins so I can join my partner. If you do neutral team ffa's as a jumble I feel they do as initially intended, forcing you to think up your strategies on the fly with a rando group.  Elsewise you should make al lteam ffa's the purposeful slotted ones 
  • Move the altar of sanctity from token wares to a normal artifact. It's incredibly useful and there's no good reason to make it hard to get on a rotational basis since it creates a barrier to more easily interacting with your sect. Actually, just get rid of the rotational basis you added to token wares. It was stupid and you added nothing to the game but frustration.
  • Arakis said:
    Actually, just get rid of the rotational basis you added to token wares. It was stupid and you added nothing to the game but frustration.
    I strongly agree.  Them adding that rotation is what made me not really care about renewing my subscription when it lapsed, I no longer really could rely on being able to get the token items I want so their value in my eyes plummeted.
  • For items they want to be more rare, put a limited quantity on those items in the token wares and when they sell out, they are sold out for the month or so. This would be way more palatable than the current rotation and would get people who want those items to pull the trigger on buying them faster as well.
  • Posters are majorly broken at the moment. And maybe it's just personal experiences but I've noticed that almost every promotional item that's been coming out this year has had bugs. Maybe they could create some sort of system for promotional item testing before release? Especially items that relate to combat. We have players test classes before they release why not create the same sort of thing for new artifacts and items?
  • edited November 2017
    plz make necropolis bosses relevent again, QQ.

Remove Death from summon or remove starburst combat cd for pve
  • Would it be possible to add tree tattoo and other class cures to AFFLICTION CURES?
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Arakis said:
    Posters are majorly broken at the moment. And maybe it's just personal experiences but I've noticed that almost every promotional item that's been coming out this year has had bugs. Maybe they could create some sort of system for promotional item testing before release? Especially items that relate to combat. We have players test classes before they release why not create the same sort of thing for new artifacts and items?
    With how powerful some of those promo items can be, i'm wary that someone might go 'oh this is a neat little bug' and then just not say anything with a particular item and stupidly abuse it until someone catches them and shrubs them for it. That could be the reasoning behind it, or simply because they don't want people to know what's coming before it happens.
  • Dimitri said:
    Arakis said:
    Posters are majorly broken at the moment. And maybe it's just personal experiences but I've noticed that almost every promotional item that's been coming out this year has had bugs. Maybe they could create some sort of system for promotional item testing before release? Especially items that relate to combat. We have players test classes before they release why not create the same sort of thing for new artifacts and items?
    With how powerful some of those promo items can be, i'm wary that someone might go 'oh this is a neat little bug' and then just not say anything with a particular item and stupidly abuse it until someone catches them and shrubs them for it. That could be the reasoning behind it, or simply because they don't want people to know what's coming before it happens.
    How does releasing promotion items that don't even half way function compare? It's been several weeks and all you can do with a poster is hang it.