Skip to content

auto-killing while walking to next quest path

To me, this sounds simple to do, but to do it may be hard.  I have no coding experience.   But as soon as I started the game I noticed the questing system is very quickly look up character go to.  But my goal is when I go to the NPC I need I want a script to detect let's say elite swordsman in the room Kill it and continue to go on the path to the NPC, This will allow extra XP and loot that I am Skipping. Is there any way to tell the game go but attack and kill every elite swordsman on the road to the bath. Btw make combat automatic swing in till it is dead.  If anyone has such a script may I use you? Secondly, if it is possible where do I go to start learning to make it?

Thirdly is there a way to make a script to auto attack after I regain my balance, so I do not have to manually attack mobs over and over just basic attack swinging my sword? This question is not part of what I wanted but still be an excellent little tool to have...... 

Any help I would be very grateful! Thank you, I am reading the forum as I post this to see if anything is already out there that does similar things! I love the game A lot so far I just wish we can make it easier. I hate how I am skipping ten mobs I Can kill to get to an NPC that I can benefit from XP/gold wise.

Comments

• I'll take the third question first: You have a message when you regain your balance or equilibrium. You have also possibility to use triggers. Trigger the line where you regain the balance or equilibrium and make it send the line you use for attack. For an example: "Attack <target>" or whatever it is.
         This will be easier if you first define a target, so you don't need to change the trigger's sending 

Also, a lot of people can help you ingame or here if we know what client you are using.
  • Dreacor said:
    I'll take the third question first: You have a message when you regain your balance or equilibrium. You have also possibility to use triggers. Trigger the line where you regain the balance or equilibrium and make it send the line you use for attack. For an example: "Attack <target>" or whatever it is.
         This will be easier if you first define a target, so you don't need to change the trigger's sending 

Also, a lot of people can help you ingame or here if we know what client you are using.
    I am open to any client, I am not favoring any of them, I do like the browser one that the game uses itself due to GUI but I realize third party can allow you do to do more technical stuff. So tell me what client I should be using for what I want to do? I have no preference. I did add mudlet and uploaded the map, I do wish I had the quest side thing still but I can easily just type it to see.... no biggie. 

Another thing I read just a little on the website client, they had a trigger system but I have no idea what everything means or does is there a tutorial or reference guide on the default browser client that I can use?
  • I personally use mudlet and like it a lot. It's flexible and with basic coding (IF, ELSEIF, ELSE, AND, NOT...) terms you can do a lot.

There's a trigger section in Mudlet. Click it. Create a new trigger. Copy and paste the equilibrium and/or balance regain line to the first line of that new trigger. Set the line's type Perl Regex. And in the scrip box below the trigger lines type: send("attack swordsman")

When you have enabled this trigger, it will automatically try to hit the swordsman every time you regain the balance or equilibrium (or both if have added the both lines).

the "swordsman" -word can be replaced by "target" if you have first defined a target. This can be done with a simple alias: Go to Alias section, create a new alias, name can be anything you want, pattern (just an example): ^t (\w+)$  and in the script box you can define the anything what comes after "t" is the target like this: target = matches[2]

^ = is the mark for defining that the pattern starts from the next mark after that, which is in this case letter t.
    (\w+) = is a capturing a WORD, and in this case you want to capture word for the target.
    $ = this is the end of the pattern. So the alias works only if you type the exact thing that is between ^ and $. In this case (\w+) can be anything since it's capturing the word you want to use for targeting.
    matches[2] = is the first captured word, part of sentence or number. Anything that is first captured in the pattern. Matches[1] would be the whole pattern.
    target = matches[2] means that you define that the target is which is first word captured from the pattern in this case and this is how you define a target.

I guess this can be explained easier too (And if anyone with more experience sees anything to correct, please do) but I just went for it from my memory.

I learned a lot from just googling "lua scripting", "lua coding", "lua mudlet". 

• edited November 2017
    if it were me I'd just make an alias that substitutes the directions with a command to attack whatever strapped to it. 

pattern: ^(n|s|e|w|ne|nw|se|sw|in|out|up|d)$ 

script:
    if bashing then
    send(" " ..matches[2].. ";attack " ..target)
    else 
    send(" " ..matches[2])
    end

some lazy crap like that. 

edit: I mean it might annoy some people if you're just like walking in a popular bashing area but a few deaths for killstealing will definitely introduce you to using gmcp.Room.Players & other functions that'll branch off easy alias. ~~~~
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."