Skip to content

Event Feedback, 2.0

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Okay, the Ithaqua thing. I came out, alone, by myself to help out before Bathan knew IC what was going on. From that point on, to the best of my knowledge, no Ithaqua helped you guys. We warned you guys what would happen if you continued. I know that I arrived as the last gate had already been unlocked, and we had discussed IC, we being Ithaqua, taking down Magick if we thought it was feasible. It wasn't. So, in review, we ducked out of helping when we heard the warnings, continued investigating the situation on our own and offered more warnings. We did not want the gate opened because we knew that on the other side was something bad. I mean, that's the record on that. If you can prove anything else, or I just haven't been told about other Ithaquans helping after the fact, show me a log, let me know, something. I don't know what Celidon did.

Visyra appeared to a lot of people in game. That's what she did. She wanted to talk to people, basically scout her enemies and try and convert people. I mean, shit. She talked to a number of people in Kinsarmar and Ithaqua too. She showed up out of the blue in my home after Vahin died. It's what she did. I understand you guys killing Maglust for it, but the situation was explained.

Stavenn and Khandava both agreed to betray the Horde after they stopped being useful in defending Khandava -and- Antioch. It benefited us to allow them to continue. Celidon seemed to get it. Kinsarmar was upset about that, but at that point was already balls deep in the 'we don't care that the gods are dying and frankly here's the middle finger routine.' So yah, we worked around it.

Really, that's the funny thing about the alliance. If people were willing to say, hey, we messed up, we let them in. No one had to grovel, or anything. They just had to admit they made a bad call and agree to stop working with the demons. That is what makes all this hopping up on the cross comical to me. People are like, well Kinsarmar shouldn't have to be the guilty, downtrodden org for doing what it did. No one said they had to be. It literally would've come down to owning up to it, and saying something like, 'okay maybe those warnings should've been heeded,' but that was too much, so, again, while valid IC, it was apart of the larger scope of things which led to Kinsarmar being told to sit the next couple of plays out.

Edit: Actually, I'm done here. You guys are firmly lodged on that cross. Event's over, stuff happened, see you in game!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • edited October 2012
    Which is why well after the initial arguments about the horde and Stavenn working together, you still stick to the point that you were 'using them' and therefore it was fine.

And you're still not showing how I supposedly harmed the alliance. I've been pretty much afk since shortly after the alliance began and I'm still wondering which Champions I randomly assaulted whilst the alliance was supposed to be in effect. Once it had no purpose - the demons gods gone - I did kill several people, that much I admit. 

Multiple people said allowing Stavenn and Khandava in the alliance wasn't acceptable because of their behaviour before the armies began attacking. They were kicked out of the alliance clan for that, as far as I know. 

EDIT: Oh. And Malkav tried to work with the demon lords, and Anathema did so successfully, leading directly to the death of Eloweth. 
  • Galt said:
    I attacked Michiko, Kabaal and Maglust when they were caught talking to Visyra. 

Other than that, Galt did nothing aggressive. He just watched forts, phased all over and generally ignored the event. Despite this, whilst sat north of the Areish fort trying to confirm if the live horde were or were not attacking Khandavans, Eldreth and Lionas jumped and killed me. 

(snip)

It's sad that you're resorting to using Galt as a scapegoat for kicking Kinsarmar out of the alliance. I've not jumped anyone since attacking Maglust and co when they were with Visyra and I've been largely AFK since just prior to the champion-farming portion of the event. By no means have I gone on a killing spree, or done a single thing to warrant the alliance being upset. On the flip side, you, Bathan, told me "The horde don't attack anyone", and that it was fine for Stavenn and Khandava to be working with them. 
    We came and killed you after you attacked Aleutia while she was caravaning, AND placed walls in the way of caravans deliberately. You weren't just a pest (though you were one), you also actively attacked someone. You were also constantly openly antagonistic about the entire ordeal.

The idea of excluding demonic because the horde wasn't attacking them is a valid IC perspective, but had no backing at all if the situation was viewed logically. Splitting their attention, getting them to attack other armies, etc. 
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Galt said:

Multiple people said allowing Stavenn and Khandava in the alliance wasn't acceptable because of their behaviour before the armies began attacking. They were kicked out of the alliance clan for that, as far as I know. 

Woo double post!

People weren't kicked out for voicing that opinion - many people that voiced it remained in the clan up to the very end. People were kicked out if they were disruptive, overly antagonistic, etc - That is, if they couldn't voice the opinion in a manner that didn't involve mouth froth.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Look. All I wanted was ONE ANGRY SPEECH before storming out of the Alliance. JUST ONE ANGRY SPEECH. :( Couldn't you at least have given me that?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Caelya ate up all those.  Sorry :(

• I didn't even get a chance to speak on it before being ousted, which was somewhat irksome because I would have loved to have had an IC conversation about the entire situation - especially since Kinsarmar was completely close lipped about it.

Felt a little cliquey to me, but I don't really have a major issue with how it panned out.
  • I'd just like to say that I didn't actually get to hold the Hammer. I ran into Justus, began attacking him(he never stopped shieldspam), Insinyan shot with arrows meanwhile, then somehow a whole train hit me.

Also, Celidon was ridiculously indecisive about it. It ended up being Therian who actually made a final decision instead of pussyfooting around. The world really is going insane. When we were actually decisive about not digging and killing Kinsarmians, I was pleasantly surprised by how well Celidonians did in combat.
  • I didn't place walls in the way of caravans.

That would be the horde, who've been placing walls for some time now. :/ 

And yeah - From what I hear, people were kicked out before even having a chance to voice an opinion. You weren't removing people who were rude, you were removing those who objected to Stavenn/Khandava being in the alliance and wouldn't back down about it when there were several reasons Stavenn/Khandava to be pushed out of it. 

You pushed magick out because of me, despite me not being in the alliance, not attacking people during it and being largely AFK - And because people from magick wouldn't let you gloss over the undeniable IC reasons Stavenn/Khandava should have been pushed out. Yet any question of punishing Stavenn/Khandava or having them deal with problem members were either ignored or met with threats that people would be kicked out if they pushed it. On the one hand, you had magick who had (At most) one problematic member (Me) who you claim attacked one person during the alliance. In contrast demonic were working with the horde and initially refused to stop doing so, who refused to do anything meaningful to punish an Ephor who'd set one of the demon lords as a patron and who had been 'defending' territory still during the so-called alliance, killing anyone they caught near Khandava anyway.

The demonic circle had done plenty of things that, had anyone unbiased held sway over the alliance, would have gotten them kicked out or excluded up until they punished those involved and broke of ties to the horde. Magick as a circle did nothing and even at a stretch only one individual in the magick circle was problematic - I say at a stretch, because as I've previously stated, I made sure to do absolutely nothing you could try to use against the magick circle. On top of that, I'm not even part of Celidon or Kinsarmar and your only argument was "You allow him to act like that by tolerating him!".

This completely ignores how Khandava and Stavenn tried to grab control of the weapon and use the horde to steal it and how they spent the first 2/3rds of the event in direct opposition to the dig. 
  • edited October 2012
    So I was going to write a bunch of paragraphs, but I think it can be condensed down to one sentence ultimately:

There's a lot of talk about how Kinsarmar should have or could have done this or that, but that entirely neglects the fact that at no point during the event was Kinsarmar anything resembling an organized unit.

Christ, the Eregate couldn't even stick to one party line on the rift, the alliance, or the idea of the on-again-off-again war. Was Galt officially supported or just kind of this guy hanging around that's really noisy but doesn't get kicked out because he has a ton of artifacts and can fight good? Was Aeorden actually able to declare a war? Did anyone actually sanity check that idea? Does Lemuela have any authority to do all the things she's trying to do? Is she actually right for once? Does anyone know what's going on?

The answer to all those things is 'nobody has any idea' and it pretty much showed.

(This also comes with an apology for how delightfully unstable I was a week ago: the whole situation was decidedly not helping my already high strung nature. As history has shown, when over-stressed, I snap in amazingly awful ways. This includes making goddamn terrible posts. (Still maintaining that committing character suicide was a terrible idea though so take that Bathan.))
  • burdururuur my life is hard muds are stressful burururur see you in 6 months when I rob your council/kill all the gods burururur

:V
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I will fight you

wait no I won't because I QUIT HA HA
  • I didn't really have any idea what was going on. Someone said they were going to kill all of the demons in DP so I showed up and went 'hey guys, can I help?'
  • I had one major gripe with the event and that was the fact that despite performing for an audience of over a hundred people, the Gods constantly had spelling and grammar errors in their emotes. I understand nobody's perfect, but they probably should have been proofread before being sent.

That, and champions being open PK. I avoided that part of the event because I like to choose when I want to PK and when I don't want to PK, and getting jumped just because there's nothing saying I can't be is silly.
  • Really? Are you just complaining to complain? Your first complaint is an unfortunate and unavoidable problem wound in improvised roleplay in a text game. Your second complaint is a personal problem with many solutions. Are you someone's in-game daughter?
  • Galt said:

And yeah - From what I hear, people were kicked out before even having a chance to voice an opinion. You weren't removing people who were rude, you were removing those who objected to Stavenn/Khandava being in the alliance and wouldn't back down about it when there were several reasons Stavenn/Khandava to be pushed out of it. 

This completely ignores how Khandava and Stavenn tried to grab control of the weapon and use the horde to steal it and how they spent the first 2/3rds of the event in direct opposition to the dig. 

Ok, Khandava pretty much started the Alliance, so the call for Khandava to be pushed out based on prior happenings is just dumb. If people felt like we didn't deserve an Alliance, then they shouldn't have agreed to the meeting. As such every council did. Get over it.

Yeah, we opposed the dig, and guess what we were right. Digging started us down the rabbit hole that got the Gods killed. So blame us for this, that, and the other all you want, but we were on the right side this whole time.

• Ahkan said:
    Really? Are you just complaining to complain? Your first complaint is an unfortunate and unavoidable problem wound in improvised roleplay in a text game. Your second complaint is a personal problem with many solutions. Are you someone's in-game daughter?
    I don't enjoy non-consensual PVP, which is why I've always played Abigail as a defensive character who avoids insulting or attacking other people without justification. I can really only think of one time I've ever actually started a conflict and that was when Abigail and Shukron beat up Kryss and Auvryist when they basically said Kinsarmar was a bunch of losers.

And yes, I do believe that when you type something that's going to be broadcast to over a hundred people, and you're (presumably) paid to do it, you should take the one or two seconds it requires to look over your typing and ensure it's free of error. Why is it such a bad thing to encourage quality?
  • edited October 2012

Abigail said:
    I don't enjoy non-consensual PVP, which is why I've always played Abigail as a defensive character who avoids insulting or attacking other people without justification. I can really only think of one time I've ever actually started a conflict and that was when Abigail and Shukron beat up Kryss and Auvryist when they basically said Kinsarmar was a bunch of losers.

And yes, I do believe that when you type something that's going to be broadcast to over a hundred people, and you're (presumably) paid to do it, you should take the one or two seconds it requires to look over your typing and ensure it's free of error. Why is it such a bad thing to encourage quality?
    Weren't you spawn-camping Caanae during the hammer portion, or am I confused?
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Jorachim said:
    Weren't you spawn-camping Caanae during the hammer portion, or am I confused? 
    I was -at- the Springs when Justus and the others were spawncamping. I was actually the only one to speak out against it. They didn't care.
  • edited October 2012

That is the truth, btw. She was going on about "What about honor? What about the Code?" and such while we were doing it.

The problem is, she was saying it to people like Khizan, Justus, and Sarrius, so she just got laughed at.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Abigail said:
    Ahkan said:
    Really? Are you just complaining to complain? Your first complaint is an unfortunate and unavoidable problem wound in improvised roleplay in a text game. Your second complaint is a personal problem with many solutions. Are you someone's in-game daughter?

I just want to point out, there is probably only five people in all of Imperian's admin (totally guessing unsure on that number) that get paid. Everyone else is volunteer. Yes there were errors, but they were all trying to get these out quickly so we aren't sitting there for 30 mins waiting on the next thing. When you're typing fast and in a fight you often make mistakes. It happens. But overall when you're attempting to do a spur of the moment fight, or maybe something got changed, perhaps it didn't go exactly how they planned, and it needs to happen fast. Mistakes will be made. And also. I know from experience, quickly running over your own text you generally miss mistakes, simple stupid ones at that, but it happens in a game of only words. 

• Khizan said:

That is the truth, btw. She was going on about "What about honor? What about the Code?" and such while we were doing it.

The problem is, she was saying it to people like Khizan, Justus, and Sarrius, so she just got laughed at.

Ah, there's her problem. "Vindicators" doesn't sound like an honorable guild.
  • Honestly the entire purpose I derived from this event was, 'How can I alienate @Galt?' and we did it!

• @Jorachim - The thing is that the Lorekeepers, from which the Vindicators spring, was an honorable guild. Hence the talk of the Code. That seems to have gone by the wayside, however. 'tis a shame.
  • Katarsh said:
    @Jorachim - The thing is that the Lorekeepers, from which the Vindicators spring, was an honorable guild. Hence the talk of the Code. That seems to have gone by the wayside, however. 'tis a shame.
    Shouldn't have named it Vindicators.

• http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Vindicator

To justify or prove the worth of (the Arcane)
    To defend, maintain, or insist on the recognition of (the Arcane)

Makes perfect sense.
  • edited October 2012
    Kari said:
    I just want to point out, there is probably only five people in all of Imperian's admin (totally guessing unsure on that number) that get paid. Everyone else is volunteer. Yes there were errors, but they were all trying to get these out quickly so we aren't sitting there for 30 mins waiting on the next thing. When you're typing fast and in a fight you often make mistakes. It happens. But overall when you're attempting to do a spur of the moment fight, or maybe something got changed, perhaps it didn't go exactly how they planned, and it needs to happen fast. Mistakes will be made. And also. I know from experience, quickly running over your own text you generally miss mistakes, simple stupid ones at that, but it happens in a game of only words. 

I don't really think the fights were a spur of the moment thing -- looking back at the logs, I can see multiple Gods doing things on the same emote, and so on. Like it was thought out beforehand, or actions were agreed upon before posting the emote.

Still, though, it was entertaining. Merry Malkav Day!
  • Sanai said:
    Does Lemuela have any authority to do all the things she's trying to do? Is she actually right for once?

Hrm....any authority to do which things? If you're talking about the whole we're not supposed to dig anymore or, later on, we're not supposed to open the last gate things....everything she said was told to her by Pellerin. Didn't help that between the time he told her those things and she announced them at the Crossroads, Pellerin had changed his mind five times and told everybody else the complete opposite, which only added to the confusion.

If you're talking about throwing orb sigils and holobombs at Demon Lords or tossing holy water on them while trying to exorcise them in the name of the Seasons.....well, that was just one of those what-the-hell-can't-hurt-might-as-well-do-it kinda things. Hey, if wicked witches can be melted by water and aliens be destroyed by viruses, ya never know. I had fun.

With a steady hand, Aosoth batters you with an orb sigil.
    You say, "Ow."
    You say to Aosoth, "Bitch."
    Aosoth blinks.
    You exclaim, "That hurt!"
    Lord Aosoth, of the Thirst says to Caelya, "I bring out the best in people."
  • edited October 2012
    Abigail said:

They're not paid. They're volunteers with lives like us. Who more than likely worked their eight hours, came home to fix supper for the family, had about a whopping hour to help the kids with homework or maybe just relax for a bit and then log in to put on a show for our entertainment. We should be thanking them for their time and for putting on a damn good show for free.

Edit: Meh, totally missed Kari's posting the same thing.
    With a steady hand, Aosoth batters you with an orb sigil.
    You say, "Ow."
    You say to Aosoth, "Bitch."
    Aosoth blinks.
    You exclaim, "That hurt!"
    Lord Aosoth, of the Thirst says to Caelya, "I bring out the best in people."