This is a repost from the in-game announce post. Please discuss any major concerns you may have here.
The Combat Council has been meeting for several weeks. The goal of Combat Council meetings is to identify major, overarching problems with combat in Imperian and devise solutions. The group has identified the following issues they feel need to be addressed.
Here is the current list we are working with:
1. Death and resurrection mechanics.
2. Improve accessibility to some professions.
3. Address problems with ranged skills. (Monks, Druids, Summoner)
4. Deal with holding and chasing issues.
5. Deal with speed artifacts that break balancing. (diadem, dirk, dartsheath, pipe filter)
7. Statpack balancing.
The group has a strategy to address statpack balancing and death/rez mechanics. The remaining items are more complicated and will take more time to create solid solutions.
Over the next few days we will be making the following changes:
Proposed Statpack Changes
- Remove +1 balance from the Dexterous statpack.
- Create an Agile Statpack with 12 str, 14 dex, 12 con, 10 int, and +1 balance.
- Increase Ritualism damage by 10%. This is a band aid fix for Diabolist damage due to changes to the Dexterous statpack.
- Remove 1 Int and add 1 Con to the Clever statpack.
- Increase the XP bonus in the Normal and Astute statpacks to make them more appealing.
- Remove the sip malus from the Wise statpack.
- Remove Powerful statpack as it is not a good option.
- Create a less powerful, less expensive Gem of Transmutation with a longer cooldown (Once per game year).
Proposed Death and Resurrection Changes
- Characters can only be resurrected once every 10 minutes.
- This resurrection cooldown will exclude starburst. Starburst will remain on its own cooldown.
- The resurrection cooldown will be cleared if you visit Charon and use the ferry to return to life.
- Damnation will no longer destroy your corpse on death.
- These changes effectively mean you have 3 lives per fight.
If you have any major comments or concerns, please let me know.