Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Ithaqua was responsible for the Original Drunken History Lessons. 
  • edited August 2017
    my phone was dying at work and there was a column holding up the ceiling of the store so I cut a hole in the column and shoved wire in it then put an outlet on the hole then attached the wire to the ceiling and then charged my phone on the column.

i love my job is my point 
    god mightve said let there be light but i installed the light iykwim 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I heart the beginning of every month because it means a new promo, but please don't let it be the wheel. Jesus, take the wheel from me.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited August 2017
  • Dimitri said:
    Victorian batman?
    It's basically a less glowy Kabaal. 
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Breakfast thoughts:

Dancing is to seduction, as GTA cheats is to spawning a tank.
    Even if you're bad at both, you can still get what you want though.
  • edited September 2017
    I love Labor Day. I really do. It's easily the best holiday. Other holidays are fine and fun in their own right, but Labor Day is something special. No dry poultry, no visiting your family (dead/alive), no presents, no drinking, no parties, no costumes, no hyperactive white girls. The only expectation people have on Labor Day is '*shrug* you might get the day off' or '*shrug* i guess we can maybe give you holiday pay'.

I technically didn't get today off, but because my job is overnights at a grocery store that *does* celebrate Labor Day, I got Sunday and Monday night off! 

Also, I was born on Labor Day. I don't care about my birthday because I'm not 12, but I laugh every year that literally on my way out of the womb I had to crack just the worst 36-hour pun possible.

Oh yes! Bonus: less Guy Fieri.
  • My friend has never played IRE.
    However, after a night of drinking and waking up early for work, he was able to describe his feelings perfectly by sighing, "I want to be shrubbed" out of literally nowhere. 
  • Nanowrimo season is fast approaching. 

Plotting my novel, just ordered my ML penny poster and stickers for my fellow Wrimos at the events I'll be hosting. 

Settling out my schedule for write-ins and figuring out the swag I'mma give away for our kick-off party. 

Woohoo, word smashing. 
    Finding music to bash to. I won't post my list, but i have a spotify full of songs i like to hear while punching/kicking mobs till they turn into items.
    Finding notes from medieval monks in old books proves that writing has always been a chore.

•  You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • I love this very distinct feeling that I've finally internalized my 'new' location across the country as home. When I woke up today and went outside for some fresh air, I looked around and thought, "This is my home and it is awesome."

The me of a year ago would not even be able to begin believing how well moving out of my home state has turned out. 
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Welcome to Canada :V @sarrius
  • Lartus said:
    Welcome to Canada :V @sarrius
    You know, Canada ain't far.. I think I kept the same distance or went lower, between living in NY and living in WA.

<div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • What I was told was going to be 2p-5p in addition to my 9p-6a shift was actually supposed to be a 2p-11p shift, but ended up being an UNGODLY 2p-5a shift, most of which was spent working alongside the bossboss company owner who I've talked to twice since being hired.

Even unexpected like that, the double was fine, considering I hadn't eaten or slept in anticipation of having a 4-hour break between shifts, or braced myself emotionally for a long workday. After snack and a nap on our extremely late lunch, I returned as good as new.

On the way out, my boss handed me 100$ cash money, edging my profit for the day somewhere near 300$. I genuinely did not feel anything but good at the end of the day and his kickback put a cherry on a largely satisfying shift. 
  • Sooo I'm pretty stoked right now. Birthday's are kind of my forte, and my best friends is coming up soon, Dude is wicked into Starship troopers....so I'm going to theme his birthday around that. 

We have finally purchased the building to begin our airsoft indoor arena as a business and with us  having access to that I'm able to design an entire shooting gallery/run through with cardboard cut outs or even his friends that'd volunteer to get shot, but most of all....there's a local company that will custom make us a working Morita for airsoft. Beyond stoked as this is like that guys wet dream. So between that, and I found some prop makers that make the helmet as a raw kit...someone sells the vest rather cheaply...and the rest of the outfit is fairly simple. We're going to put together our very own 'Would you like to know more' videos that he watches while changing in a room we set up for him...but mostly I <3 all the artists out there able to make cool stuff like Morita's. 
  • The leather of this coat is dyed ebon black, yet treated to have a butter-soft texture. Cut to
    follow masculine lines, the coat is designed to hang open in front. Silk of a similar hue to the 
    leather lines the inside of the coat, adding warmth and a touch of elegance to the garment. A 
    notched collar is folded back over the body of the coat, revealing intricate tooled designs along 
    the front lapels. The Triad of the Night Sky appears on each lapel, having been stamped into the 
    black leather with a careful hand. The Triad appears as a twelve-pointed star in the center of a 
    triskele. Three smaller stars spiral out from the central star, a trail of star dust tying each star 
    back to the center. Nearly lost amid the intricate tooling is an iris in full bloom, embroidered at 
    the lower corner of the right lapel. The broad shoulders of the coat lead into sleeves designed to 
    end just past the wrist. Decorative steel plates are bound to the lower half of each sleeve, 
    attached by leather straps with steel buckles that can be loosened for ease of removal. Hammered to 
    conform to the shape of the sleeves, the plates are rounded at each end. The Triad is graven into 
    the steel of each plate, surrounded by a raised border of miniscule stars. The leather coat flares 
    slightly at the waistline and is designed to terminate at knee-length with a plain hem.
    It weighs about 3 pounds.
    This will occupy the overdress clothing slot.
    An intricately tooled leather coat is holding:
    Nothing.

Aw yea, it's back. :smile:

Question for devs, you ever have this moment?

• Dimitri said:

Question for devs, you ever have this moment?

Far more often than I'd like. It's terrible when you think, "Oh, that's dumb, what idiot did that?" Then do you GIT BLAME and see that it was.
  • This is me every time I'm reviewing a log for combat and wondering why my system does something the way it does. :(
  • edited October 2017
    Sarrius said:
    This is me every time I'm reviewing a log for combat and wondering why my system does something the way it does. :(
    especially when you make a major change just to up the effectiveness a tiny bit and completely blow something else apart. I did that recently for 1v1 enlightening and completely messed up my team stuff :(
  • Aodan said:
    Sarrius said:
    This is me every time I'm reviewing a log for combat and wondering why my system does something the way it does. :(
    especially when you make a major change just to up the effectiveness a tiny bit and completely blow something else apart. I did that recently for 1v1 enlightening and completely messed up my team stuff :(
    For me, it was changing how afflictions on my target are managed. Imagine my surprise when all my Mandrake afflictions seemed to be dropping at once for some reason....
  • Rokas said:
    Going in today and telling my manager that I'm resigning today due to a new job only to find out that I was slated to be laid off at the end of the month.

What a huge bulled I just dodged.
    Make them sorry they ever considered this option by being the best new employee your new job could ever ask for. They won't know it, or ever hear about it, but f- them. 
  • Sarrius said:
    Rokas said:
    Going in today and telling my manager that I'm resigning today due to a new job only to find out that I was slated to be laid off at the end of the month.

Make them sorry they ever considered this option by being the best new employee your new job could ever ask for. They won't know it, or ever hear about it, but f- them. 
    I had every intention of working extra hard to finish a project as to not leave my partner SOL, but he's getting laid off too. Que low motivation for the both of us.
  • Rokas said:
    Sarrius said:
    Rokas said:

I had every intention of working extra hard to finish a project as to not leave my partner SOL, but he's getting laid off too. Que low motivation for the both of us.
    Ah yes, the ol' 'please invest yourself heavily in a project that won't actually matter to you in two weeks'... a peerless management style, for sure.