Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Gjarrus said:
    The tall boots are made from deep black leather bearing a soft shine of polish. Lacing along the back secures the footwear in place on the legs, but the material is not quite long enough and leaves a strip of flesh bare from heel to cuff. A turned-down cuff rides around the top. A thick layer of demon hide serves as a sturdy base for the arching soles. A thick coil of spring juts out from the reinforced heel, the coil narrowing to a small, flat platform at the bottom. A small pair of metal contacts on the inside of each heel causes the spring to uncoil with a snap before automatically locking into place once more. The gears and pistons driving the spring's coil are embedded along the sides of the boots under a cover of the same dark leather as the rest of the footwear.
    It radiates with the powers of acrobatics and dexterity's deftness.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Kabaal.
    This will occupy the shoes clothing slot.
    You are dressed normally, and utterly, utterly satiated.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I heart even brief comedic exchanges IC.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>

• You start unearthing a partially buried emerald cluster, careful not to break its delicate structure.
    A swirling aura of raw Diachaim slowly forms around you.
    H:550/550 M:370/370 (eb db) [10|48.91] [Wolf] [SHARD] 
    You finish unearthing a partially buried emerald cluster. Satisfied, you pick it up and the shard 
    glows dimly upon your touch.
    H:550/550 M:370/370 (eb db) [10|48.91] [Wolf] [SHARD] 
    You drop an emerald cluster of crystals.
    As it touches the ground, an emerald cluster of crystals disappears.

i dont even feel bad. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • The RP the past couple of days.
    (Verbose Room Description). A lamira girl with long whiskers and murky black scales fishes here, lazily leaned against one of the posts. This is a post office. 
    You see exits leading northeast and south.

She Has One Job To Do: 
    The whiskered lamira girl does not even look up as she takes the letter from you. When you ask her to deliver it to Lynyssa she repeats the request lazily before tucking it in her pocket and mumbling something about delivering it later. She turns back to her fishing.

Meanwhile, Elsewhere: 
    With a long fishing pole bouncing over her shoulder, a whiskered lamira girl 
    enters the room, clearly in no particular rush. Spotting you, she approaches, deposits a letter in your hands, and wordlessly leaves with a trail of fishline dangling behind her.

didnt think i could love an npc more than my librarian but i dooooooooo
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • LaekaLaeka Houston
    Also <3  the RP that's been  going on more recently. 
  • Speaking of which, I actually kept the log of that. I could clean it up and share.
  • LaekaLaeka Houston
    @rokas That'd  be cool.
  • I <3 that my sister doesn't beat me up on a daily basis

You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    You issue the command to Myrcella.
    Myrcella Aracelia says, "Aodan, my dearest brother, is the true prophet, named to be above me in 
    status at all times, though I may be the figurehead."
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s
    Myrcella focuses deeply, steeling her mind against controlling attempts.

you heard it here folks. next step is to get her to sign a contract.

• DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Sheesh, and i just used my force powers to make people jump into trees and take naps.
  • edited August 2017
    Krysaliss said:
    Fanglor said:
    Pretty stoked with the way Ithaqua has turned things around as far as activity. Far more people online now than there was previously when we joined
    *crosses fingers for a non-exploded Ithaqua*

Ozreas said:
    Shaheen Vaz'rias, Shaman of the Wendigo says, "Outrider is like Ranger, except you ride a wyrm instead of a wolf."

Help me.

I like Ithaqua, and don't want it blown up either.  And I liked a lot of the people in Ithaqua.  But I might not have liked them as much if Ithaqua had been the only show in town.  Ithaqua or Antioch is getting blown up (and Celidon or Kinsarmar, too), since it's clear that we're paring down to 1 city per circle, but that is going to bring its own headaches as PK-ers and RP-ers constantly jostle for position (and not in a fun way that is appropriate for a game, but in a very, very serious "my side must prevail" way).  And the PK side of the house really is always at something of a disadvantage, because PK players absolutely must split themselves up from time to time, and when they do, they are usually breaking up powerful political factions within a city as well, and becoming new, low-ranked citizens elsewhere.   It also means one set of players have control over a city and its shard skills, instead of two sets, per circle.  Anyway, I still dream of returning to Antioch one day, not Ithaqua, and most Ithaquans frankly hate everything Antioch stands for, which is why... we were so much better mostly apart.   
  • Aodan said:
    I <3 that my sister doesn't beat me up on a daily basis

You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    You issue the command to Myrcella.
    Myrcella Aracelia says, "Aodan, my dearest brother, is the true prophet, named to be above me in 
    status at all times, though I may be the figurehead."
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s
    Myrcella focuses deeply, steeling her mind against controlling attempts.

you heard it here folks. next step is to get her to sign a contract.

Note the 'You issue the command to Myrcella'. CLEARLY that was forced. You will never be the Prophet! Worst brother ever, @Aodan.
  • The PK side of the house is -so not- always at a disadvantage. Oh my goodness, the many ways in which that is laughably wrong.
  • edited August 2017
    I meant politically.  If a city just is made up mostly of players who just want to quietly RP, PK-ers can be seen as a nuisance (they can be an asset too, but they can definitely be seen as a nuisance by bringing in PK, which interrupts what the RP-ers were doing).  

But in short, RP-ers can do a better job of entrenching their char in an org pretty much indefinitely (for RL decades and more, in some cases), and there usually isn't a pressing reason to move and become a lone CR1 elsewhere, or perhaps part of a small contingent of CR1s.  They also just don't have to split up, period, so there can be a strong, tightly knit power structure... In fact, it's generally better/more consistent RP to simply stick with the same org for a very, very long time, if not indefinitely.  PK-ers tend to move, the two biggest reasons probably being the novelty of playing other classes, or the realization that your org is far, far too powerful when taken as a whole, and needs to be split up a bit.

EDIT:  this was definitely in play with Antioch/Ithaqua and having two orgs avoided a lot of strife.
    Owyn said:2
    Because of the recent PickleRick suggestion made by @Fanglor, I thought I'd mention I <3 the ridiculous power-scale that Impy has going from a "rats could hurt me" newbie to someone bashing Kilathu. Also, rare footage of someone starting as a newbie and making it to ~level 10:

Pickle Rick is clearly a lusternia monk. Thinking shofangi.
  • edited August 2017
    @Swale - Having played a primarily political RPer for a decade, I'm going to strongly disagree with you. PKers are a commodity that allows them to maneuver politically far easier than people who do not PK. People who get entrenched in a particular org who simply RP? Usually, that org is not being flocked to by fighters (Celidon comes to mind immediately). And when PKers do come in, they tend to be able to override entrenched politicians pretty easily. The words of someone who fights is OFTEN taken more seriously than someone who doesn't. Especially if they aren't as abrasive as some are (but even then...abrasive PKers have managed to get their way pretty regularly over the last decade). 

Edit: No coffee, no sleep = no attempting to write. ;_;
  • There's no one shoe fits all answer. It depends on the pker and it depends on the rper. It also depends on how many other pkers you have: i.e. can I afford to kick this arrogant little... where was I.

Tldr: I don't think its fair to say rpers or pkers are more advantaged or disadvantaged in this situation. It very much depends on the faction and the individual.

• No I gotta agree with Krysaliss. From a personal stand point when I was a pker I felt more able to push around my weight based on my ability to fsu. 
  • edited August 2017
    I actually agree with Fanglor, Septus, and Krysaliss - on the micro level, and in the particular instances they are talking about.  

But to try to put it as briefly as I can, I think PK-ers are at a disadvantage (politically) on the macro level unless there are alternative orgs for them, for the two reasons I mentioned.  1) The need to move from time to time, losing all city rank, and splitting up strong PK friendly coalitions within orgs and 2) the need to (somewhat) evenly distribute themselves across orgs (this is really just one of the forces that drives #1, along with the class novelty thing I'd mentioned).  

If there aren't alternative orgs per circle, they will eventually tend to gravitate (even more heavily than they have in the past) to an actual circle, because the more of them there are, the more they will tend to feel welcome, celebrated, embraced - because they can concentrate their political will, and be the sort of place where, absolutely, you can "throw your weight around" a bit if you can back it up (understandably off-putting to RP-ers, by the way).  And then they will clobber the hell out of the rest of the game from there, until the overriding need to bring a little balance back forces (some) splitting again.  That's not written in absolute stone, but I think it builds in a strong tendency that you'd always be trying to counter, so it's not great.
  • @Septus - True of everything. We are speaking in generalizations. On a small scale, yes, it depends. There are exceptions to every rule. Painting with a broad brush, it holds true. I think 10+ years is a decent sample size, personally. 

And I mostly agree with you, @Swale. Except that RPers definitely org hop for the same reason PKers do. We go where the action is. (If we can't drum it up where we are, at least) ;)

To bring us back to topic, I <3 when PK and RP intertwine cuz that's the sweet spot for Imperian being enjoyable.

edited August 2017
    That after a long dormancy, Ithaqua's arena is seeing regular use with FFAs to practice in and Overruns for sips and giggles. And a recent upswing in people too, to boot.
  • Getting an Illuminas' ring, two silver-weave packs, a neelamic reservoir and gem of radiant offerings in the span of 15 phylacteries.

:smiley:
  • Krysaliss said:
    @Septus - True of everything. We are speaking in generalizations. On a small scale, yes, it depends. There are exceptions to every rule. Painting with a broad brush, it holds true. I think 10+ years is a decent sample size, personally. 

And I mostly agree with you, @Swale. Except that RPers definitely org hop for the same reason PKers do. We go where the action is. (If we can't drum it up where we are, at least) ;)

To bring us back to topic, I <3 when PK and RP intertwine cuz that's the sweet spot for Imperian being enjoyable.

I sought refuge in Ithaqua for a bit (as in, I was a citizen up there, but still supported all of Antioch's antics).  It was perfect and I was glad to have the option.  And I always enjoyed going up to Ithaqua's bar for their Drunk History.