Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Eoghan said:
    You think you got it bad? I dream about implementing new features, only to wake up and realize that
    1. It was a dream
    2. Implementing it will be way more complicated in real life
    (It isn't uncommon for me to dream in code. I promise I'm not a robot.)
    Do you dream of electric sheep?
  • Message #468   Sent By: (imperian)      Received On: 8/09/2017/16:03

"Bug #63310 has been resolved: Done! If someone has WARD in MAIMING, and doesn't know CURSEWARD in curses or survival, autocuring will now use the MAIMING version."

[445/100--297/88](dbe-|0) 49.57% 23:00:42:407

Yay.
  • Krysaliss said:
    Some years back we had a discussion about our scrolling text dreams. 

An awful lot of us have them. 

Addictions are rough, yo. 
    Now, mine are literally me looking at the computer screen though...Like it's an absolutely normal dream but viewed from the outside and entirely in text. 
  • You have won 200 Bound Credit(s) on your bet: Oggloch Gutripper places second or better!

• I love DotA. Sorry, Imperian. When we have FFAs and coliseum duels broadcasted on Twitch that I can watch on a beautiful lawn in Seattle, call me back.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    I love DotA. Sorry, Imperian. When we have FFAs and coliseum duels broadcasted on Twitch that I can watch on a beautiful lawn in Seattle, call me back.

Watching text scrolling isn't as fun as watching graphics.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited August 2017
    Wyll said:
    Sarrius said:
    I love DotA. Sorry, Imperian. When we have FFAs and coliseum duels broadcasted on Twitch that I can watch on a beautiful lawn in Seattle, call me back.

Watching text scrolling isn't as fun as watching graphics.
    As a PKer, I can appreciate the nuance in changing strategy, etc in a strict duel. Choices aren't made for no reason. Digital fencing still exists in minute ways.

You're totally right otherwise though. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Krysaliss said:
    Owyn RPing. 

I will get all ya'll, one at a time if need be. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa! A couple points here, to dispute this.
    1) I've known you for like 7 years (or probably more. as other people.)
    2) I specifically said, "Don't ruin my bad name." Stop it.
  • The tall boots are made from deep black leather bearing a soft shine of polish. Lacing along the back secures the footwear in place on the legs, but the material is not quite long enough and leaves a strip of flesh bare from heel to cuff. A turned-down cuff rides around the top. A thick layer of demon hide serves as a sturdy base for the arching soles. A thick coil of spring juts out from the reinforced heel, the coil narrowing to a small, flat platform at the bottom. A small pair of metal contacts on the inside of each heel causes the spring to uncoil with a snap before automatically locking into place once more. The gears and pistons driving the spring's coil are embedded along the sides of the boots under a cover of the same dark leather as the rest of the footwear.
    It radiates with the powers of acrobatics and dexterity's deftness.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Kabaal.
    This will occupy the shoes clothing slot.
  • Gjarrus said:
    The tall boots are made from deep black leather bearing a soft shine of polish. Lacing along the back secures the footwear in place on the legs, but the material is not quite long enough and leaves a strip of flesh bare from heel to cuff. A turned-down cuff rides around the top. A thick layer of demon hide serves as a sturdy base for the arching soles. A thick coil of spring juts out from the reinforced heel, the coil narrowing to a small, flat platform at the bottom. A small pair of metal contacts on the inside of each heel causes the spring to uncoil with a snap before automatically locking into place once more. The gears and pistons driving the spring's coil are embedded along the sides of the boots under a cover of the same dark leather as the rest of the footwear.
    It radiates with the powers of acrobatics and dexterity's deftness.
    It is strangely weightless.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Kabaal.
    This will occupy the shoes clothing slot.
    you're one of them guys now... and now is the time they get hit with the nerf :D
  • @Aodan They don't need a nerf. I would be very, very surprised if they got one.
  • Backflip is kinda fast (1.01s +1 bal/slabbed :D so probably 1.3 tops in non-bal statpacks). Other than that, the only 'nerf' I would do is an herb aff-based counter, and they've already said no to that.
  • Gjarrus said:
    Backflip is kinda fast (1.01s +1 bal/slabbed :D so probably 1.3 tops in non-bal statpacks). Other than that, the only 'nerf' I would do is an herb aff-based counter, and they've already said no to that.
    Did they indicate why? Curious.
  • @Gjarrus That's why backflip is so  very easy to stop.
  • Sarrius said:
    Gjarrus said:
    Backflip is kinda fast (1.01s +1 bal/slabbed :D so probably 1.3 tops in non-bal statpacks). Other than that, the only 'nerf' I would do is an herb aff-based counter, and they've already said no to that.
    Did they indicate why? Curious.
    Pretty sure it was a token 'We don't feel this is needed at this time.' I could be wrong, though.
  • Three months and a few hundred dollars later, mine and Zasha's comissions finally got done <3<3<3 so happy to have reference sheets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18NHb3cpQQMbzFDNWhldGNRT2s/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B18NHb3cpQQMZGw2QnZvVHlRMXM/view
  • edited August 2017
    Fanglor said:
    Three months and a few hundred dollars later, mine and Zasha's comissions finally got done <3<3<3 so happy to have reference sheets.

That is... a really expensive ref sheet. o.o s

Edit - Not that I'm opposed to artist's making money to survive on, freelancers gotta eat too, but also, whoa. 
  • edited August 2017
    Krysaliss said:
    Fanglor said:
    Three months and a few hundred dollars later, mine and Zasha's comissions finally got done <3<3<3 so happy to have reference sheets.

Edit - Not that I'm opposed to artist's making money to survive on, freelancers gotta eat too, but also, whoa. 
    The quality of the drawings are worth it imo. 
  • Krysaliss said:
    Fanglor said:

$100 for a ref is cheap. Especially for a back shot and 3 headshots.  I'd expect to pay 3x as much for what they got.
  • I usually paid 100-150$ ish for the stuff I got done of my Champions Online characters, and I got to keep the originals too

It all depends on how much time it takes an artist.  A lot of the more established artists tend to trend actually lower, because it doesn't take them as much time to get to completion.

• Out of curiosity, where do you guys do to find artists to do these kinds of things?
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Wyll said:
    Out of curiosity, where do you guys do to find artists to do these kinds of things?
    I met the one that did the art above on Twitter.
  • edited August 2017
    Wyll said:
    Out of curiosity, where do you guys do to find artists to do these kinds of things?

deviantart and for us furries there is furaffinity which is like a furry deviantart. You see how their art is, you see they are taking commissions, and you request a commission. It shows in their bio's mostly if they are opened to commissions or not and their prices or at least a website leading to their prices. Furries are hard to draw and very few do such a good job like that guy does as far as texturing the fur right. I'm overly happy with the headshots that were given and I am not at all unhappy with the total costs. It was around 300 for BOTH sets which is 3 headshot 'reactions', an eye shot, full body, and back. 
  • Jelly Belly Jelly Beans
  • edited August 2017
    Krysaliss said:
    ...man, I need to tell my kid to charge more. 

She primarily does furry art (she isn't a furry herself, but that art community is typically really supportive for up and coming artists) and her rates are considerably lower than that. 

Edit: I love that I have talented kids. One of them is right this very moment volunteering at a horse rescue because the thing she wants most in the world is to be a vet. The other makes nifty art. The other wants to be a photojournalist and writer and takes amazing photographs. 

Then we have Kabaal's son. Who is well on his way to being an evil dictator who takes over the world. 

E2: Whoa big picture, W2B adjustable image sizing on forums. Also, recent child art. 

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to charge more but I also think quality plays a role into price. I think your kid is doing quite well with their art and is aroudn where Zasha is at as well with their drawings, and I have no desire for you to take offense to this but there are some people who are on a whole nother level. I think the price we got was fair based on the texturing for the most part. The problem alot of people have is they don't actually do well with the fur part. I could go on and on. I criticize Zasha's work more than anyone, and he takes it quite well. Sadly I see the bad in everything and base my opinions on the bad instead of the good

On that note I'd not mind a rendition after seeing some other stuff your kid has. Thing about us furries is we always like pictures. Do they have a portfolio?