Skip to content

Shrine Sanctify and Defile

This is how the window of time after a shrine is sanctified of defiled works.
  • The initial window after the first shrine sanc/def is 15 minutes.
  • If a shrine is counter sanc/def in that time, the next window is 10 minutes.
  • Then about 7 minutes.
  • Then 5 minutes.
  • Then 3 minutes and so on.
Basically the window is decreased by about 33% every time the shrine is countered.

The reason this comes up is so that I can address the Bulwark bug and comment that I have seen recently. Basically if a group sanctifies and then puts down a Bulwark, you have 15 minutes to defile, unless the back and forth has been going for a while. The window would be smaller then (as shown above).

It appears that the main complaint with Bulwark is the inability to counter the sanctify with a defile before putting up Bulwark. You have 15 minutes to hit the shrine in most cases. My question is do people still think this is a problem after knowing how it works a little better?

Hopefully this all makes sense.

Comments

• edited August 2017
    Bulwark shouldn't work on currently active sanc/defiles. Otherwise, Aegis is far worse of an issue. Really, relics and shrines need a major peek under the hood.
  • @ Jeremy The bug we saw happening was when the other group sanctified and then put down the Bulwark, it took away the 15 minute defile window. Otherwise there would be no benefit to putting the Bulwark down after the sanctify as the protection it would offer would be a waste. Bulwark's purpose if I understand properly should be to postpone the next defile/sanctify window for an hour, not offer a way to shut down the 15 minute defile window after a sanctify has occurred. That's what seemed to be happening. If you are saying that it is working properly, then perhaps it was a problem with the message that was being generated after the 15 minute was closed. It was saying it could not be defiled because the Bulwark was protecting it, but maybe it was just because the 15 minute window after the sanctify was closed. If it is truly working as it should, you might want to check that.