Skip to content

Achievements and Rewards

After reaching 1,000 achievement points (and receiving 250 bound credits), I feel like there is no reason to pursue achievements now because there is no tangible reward. 90% of the achievements award experience bonuses, and I have hours and hours of those stocked up already, and I will never use them. I think that the reward aspect of achievements could undergo revision.

Going through each one and thinking of an appropriate award would be incredibly time-consuming. What if, however, we could trade in experience bonus hours for other rewards. For example:

12 hour experience bonus = one stat soulstone

Handling the conversion would probably be messy this way, though, so it might be a better idea to let the achievement points be currency. So.. if I complete an achievement worth 10 points, that 10 points goes toward both my achievement points in honours as well as my currency. It'd be like trading in yeti pelts at icecloak mountain.

So.. 1 achievement point = 5 lessons
10 achievement point = 1 stat soulstone
100 achievement points = 50 credits.
etc. etc.

And you can redeem them anytime you want, saving up for better rewards if you'd prefer.

Just a thought.

(Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
(Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."

Comments

• edited August 2017
    It's also just a rank. That's like saying 'I'm level 130 now, but there's no achievements, I should get a reward per level'. Sometimes personal drive is all there is
  • Fanglor said:
    It's also just a rank. That's like saying 'I'm level 130 now, but there's no achievements, I should get a reward per level'. Sometimes personal drive is all there is
    Right, but achievements have rewards already built into them. All I am asking is that more variety be included, and there be a way to acquire greater rewards the more you do. Achievement experience bonus x 100 is meh.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited August 2017
    1 achievement point = 5 lessons will be a no go, I can see that already because check out the numbers below.

10 achievement(5 lesson per) = 50 lessons
    10 achievement points = 1 stat stone = 1 credit tradein = 6 lesson

People will just forgo the stat stone and go straight for lessons. Even right now, earning 1000 achievement points is HARD and that only nets you 5000 lessons to trans 2.5 skills.

100 achievement points = 50 credits = 300 lessons
    100 achievement points(5 lesson per) = 500 lessons

Again, forgo credits for lessons. This is what most new players will be investing in via the lesson packages at 2x $10 and bound package at $50.

I think that is a bit too generous(would be great though because it allows people to move into their profession skills without spending, but bad for business), but otherwise, I agree that maybe our achievement rewards can be a bit more creative besides XP bonuses.

Edit: Spelling errors.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Yeah, I was just giving random examples. I didn't think that part through-- just offering alternatives to point out there needs to be some.

• I really wish there was something to do with the experience bonuses.  They are pretty much meaningless outside of aspect perks, and uh, honestly I think more of us dislike that system then like it.
  • edited August 2017
    One potential reward could choosing bonus for increased gold drop instead of experience. Or 10% decreased damage. Or critical hit bonus. You activate it and it still comes in 3, 6, 12, 24 variations.

Such perks would be available to everyone if they just work for them.

QHONOURS for reaching 1,000 achievement points would be cool.

• I think the problem you're finding is instead that there is not very many good experience dumps. The only ones we have right now are the shrine comms which I think for the most part has maxed out and Aspect Perks. If we had better experience dumps your 12H experience boost then becomes more valuable
  • Sumie said:
    I think the problem you're finding is instead that there is not very many good experience dumps. The only ones we have right now are the shrine comms which I think for the most part has maxed out and Aspect Perks. If we had better experience dumps your 12H experience boost then becomes more valuable
    Solid point!