Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Will city amnesty allow one to form shard miasma for that city's raids?
  • Is there affinity penalty if a rogue who uses a profession from circle X joins a sect which belong to circle N? Doesn't show up in HELP AFFINITY list or then I don't understand.
  • @Dreacor if you're in Circle X then you cannot join sects outside of Circle X.
  • to expand on that, affinity comes more into play based on the circle the profession is in. I may be a rogue, but any affinity not AM messes with my outrider skills.
  • Affinity is one of those things that gets compoundedly worse as it goes down.  90% affinity - regular for me when I'm bashing - is mostly a nuisance of spam messages.  80% affinity starts to become noticeable.  50% or less can be kind of miserable with surges etc now.
  • I still don't understand affinity myself. I've never dropped into a threshold that became 'noticeable'. What causes it besides affinity area changes?
  • Defenses and items from other circles are the most common thing. So, if Kabaal tried to wear some delicious fruitcandy armor for crits and get his spirits roused by a bardic symphony, he'd eat some affinity loss.

There's also city affinity, so if you have too many non-circle people in the city (only online count, afaik) you take a hit. The cross-circle member eats a hit for being in the city no matter what.

• What is fruitcandy armor, I want it. It sounds delicious 
  • edited July 2017
    Starburst. +crit armour etchings from RGs.

Well, I think it's actually sunburst, but the sun's a star.

• Anyone know how to retitle a token shop?  Can't figure it out and I don't see it in the HELP files.
  • From HELP TOKEN WARES:
    A construction kit (a portable market stall): 25 Tokens
     - This item allows you to set up a market stall in urban, road, or path environments.
     - SETUP STALL to set it up
     - BREAKDOWN STALL to break it down and put the kit back in your inventory.
     - If your shop is not within a city or council and would like to change the title or description of 
    the shop please send a message to Jeremy with the relevant information and mail him 1,000 gold (For 
    titling) or 10,000 gold (For description) with the title or description within.

• edited July 2017
    Ah, the last line isn't in TOKEN SHOW 42, which is where I was looking for it.  Guess I should typo it.  (Edit: also looked in HELP SHOP COMMANDS but that doesn't even have some of the existing stuff that's in HELP CHANCELLOR, which doesn't work for non-city token shops)
  • What causes my crit to fluctuate in the same room?

Your approximate crit rate is 58.71%.
    Your approximate crit rate is 58.15%.
    Your approximate crit rate is 57.59%.
    Your approximate crit rate is 61.82%.
  • Fanglor said:
    What causes my crit to fluctuate in the same room?

Your approximate crit rate is 58.71%.
    Your approximate crit rate is 58.15%.
    Your approximate crit rate is 57.59%.
    Your approximate crit rate is 61.82%.
    Does the room have a shrine?
  • There are several effects that give variable bonuses to crit rate. The crit rate reported is calculated on the fly, the same way it is when you attack, so results can also vary.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • It is my understanding that the token shops goes back into a player's inventory if they are inactive long enough.

If I have a shopkeeper hired, what happens to this shopkeeper if that happens?
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • @dimitri reminded me of John Hoeven
  • Do allies need to be on bal/eq for the mithril flute to add them to followers?

Does the sack of meat work for all mobiles following you or just loyals?

• Gjarrus said:
    Do allies need to be on bal/eq for the mithril flute to add them to followers?

Does the sack of meat work for all mobiles following you or just loyals?

For the flute, no. Just tested this. No idea on the sack of meat though, sorry. And I can't think of anyone that has one.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited August 2017
    I got a Level 1 Artifact Weapon Token from a phylactery and I have no idea how to redeem it.  Am I just being blonde and missing it in HELP files or something?

[edit]: I did try suggested here:

If you have a weapon token you redeem it using the PROMOTOKEN syntax, or by messaging Jeremy. If messaging, please
    include the Token # and which weapon you wish to purchase.

But the command doesn't seem to redeem it properly.  Guess I'll message Jeremy
  • Send me a message detailing what is happening with the PROMOTOKEN command. It should work.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    Send me a message detailing what is happening with the PROMOTOKEN command. It should work.
    Done.

For others reading, I think what was happening was it was mixed in with tokens of other varieties so it was failing b/c of that.
  • While gladiator tickets are available through promotions, does that mean that creatures are also dropping them?

@Jeremy Saunders
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Is there a way to quickdraw a single item and -only- be holding that item?

For example, if I'm wielding a buckler and tarot deck, and I QUICKDRAW CUP, I am then holding a cup and buckler when I just want to hold a cup.

I want to be able to QUICKDRAW CUP NONE or something like that I guess.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • UNWIELD RIGHT;QUICKDRAW CUP LEFT
  • Cassius said:
    UNWIELD RIGHT;QUICKDRAW CUP LEFT
    Right, but I want to skip the unwield part and make it one command. It just looks tacky otherwise :(

• Cassius said:
    UNWIELD RIGHT;QUICKDRAW CUP LEFT
    Right, but I want to skip the unwield part and make it one command. It just looks tacky otherwise :(
    Using QUICKDRAW for a cup seems kinda tacky  ;)
  • If we hit guards while we possess a city's tutor, and they start hitting us again, how long before this resets?

@Jeremy Saunders
    @Eoghan

• If we hit guards while we possess a city's tutor, and they start hitting us again, how long before this resets?

@Jeremy Saunders
    @Eoghan

Roughly an hour. We're looking at potentially making changes to the effect or the time, however, as there have been some issues lately.