Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Krysaliss said:
    Can the path system automatically unlock and open doors you have keys to? Can we have a single command for attempting to unlock and open doors we have keys to? It isn't hard to code around, but I am lazy.

Do you have CONFIG AUTODOORS ON? I just tested this and I automatically walked into my house which is normally locked with key in hand.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Probably not! Thanks.
  • Sailing?
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Do you -want- pirates? Cause that's how you get pirates. Pretty sure Lartus has this big evil grin on his face right now.
  • Dimitri said:
    Do you -want- pirates? 
    -Always-

• Please do not detail this thread.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited July 2017
    Either make it so that slain sentries do not appear on CT and in city logs, or allow city leaders to toggle it off.

The spam is unnecessary.

@Caelya  :smile:

(Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • For reactions outlined in HELP REACTIONS, can we get a 'condition' added that applies to a specific person?

I want my mob to greet me or someone I specify differently than everyone else for example.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Wyll said:
    For reactions outlined in HELP REACTIONS, can we get a 'condition' added that applies to a specific person?

I want my mob to greet me or someone I specify differently than everyone else for example.
    This is something that we have in a list of potential additions. It would need to be made to respect mask et al if we did allow it. When we add new features to reactions at some point in the future, we may include it.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Turn schelkins into turtles, not crabs. No one wants to be Zoidberg.
  • OwynOwyn US
    edited July 2017
    @Krysaliss I believe that CONFIG AUTODOORS ON is what you're looking for.
    @Oystir as a colorblind person I can tell you that having a monochrome scheme would make me want to punch babies in the face. Colorblind does not mean "cannot see color." To keep it incredibly short, the cones that filter different wavelengths of light operate on different frequencies than non-colorblind people.

Edit: I hadn't looked at this thread in a long time and was a page behind. Woops. Someone already pointed that out to you Krysaliss.
  • KyraicKyraic USA
    edited July 2017
    A lot of the so-called 'color blind' people are actually 'color deficient'. It's not that they can't see colors, it's they they can't differentiate various colors. That's what I have. My messup areas are blue/purple, red/brown/green, yellows/greens. 

What I mean is, I spent a full year thinking my outdoor trashcan was green, up until the day I told my mother to just throw something in the green can out by the driveway and she was like "What green trashcan? You don't have a green trashcan." Apparently, I actually have a brown trashcan.

On this colorblind test I only got 2 right(12 & 29), and only the 12 was clear; I thought the 29 could have been an 80. The test was just a random one I googled, I don't use or want colorblind glasses or whatever.
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    edited July 2017
    You wanna make a colorblind person go nuts, constantly ask them what the color of things are. Spent an entire shift explaining it to a coworker. It's a mind**** to think that what you assume (even if you're colorblind) is brown could be green etc . Or you just have two people who see two different colors but the both say the same thing.

The only real advantage is most forms of camouflage don't work as effectively depending on your severity.

Also, shout out to colors that feel like needles in my eyes.
  • @Dimitri a lot of people aren't aware of that little fun-fact about camouflage; but our government used to look specifically for colorblind people for that reason.
  • So I mirrored somebody to get Shaman numbers - would it be difficult to get a 'Bonedust:' category for INFO RIFT that sorts those out from the commodities section?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    So I mirrored somebody to get Shaman numbers - would it be difficult to get a 'Bonedust:' category for INFO RIFT that sorts those out from the commodities section?
    Already let Sarrius know IG, but.. for those who might want this.. you can do 'IR <WORD>' and it will filter out everything else but comms with that word in it for you.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • I would enjoy a real gold dump.

I don't say this because I have alot of gold or there is too much gold, but I like to have something to motivate me to do something. Even something insignificant to pvp, just a personal dump towards something. It kinda sucks that most housing stuff is credits, because it forces some of us to go at the credit market for such things.
  • Fanglor said:
    I would enjoy a real gold dump.

I don't say this because I have alot of gold or there is too much gold, but I like to have something to motivate me to do something. Even something insignificant to pvp, just a personal dump towards something. It kinda sucks that most housing stuff is credits, because it forces some of us to go at the credit market for such things.

There's good auction for that!  :D:D
  • The housing stuff is credits? I'm confused.
  • edited July 2017
    Krysaliss said:
    The housing stuff is credits? I'm confused.
    Well, it's tokens, kind of, which is really credits on promo. 

Look, some of us enjoy building 2000 room structures
  • I mean, yea. Me. I now have three houses between two characters. 

On the other hand - tokens make houses that -do not go away- which is pretty dang invaluable. All the other house stuff is heavy duty gold. My character is trying to raise 4 million to do what she wants in her new house. 
  • Krysaliss said:
    My character is trying to raise 4 million to do what she wants in her new house. 

That's not that heavy duty....
  • I think the Urzog quests give way too much experience for super simple tasks. E.g. handing over a sabre got me 1 million experience.
  • Fanglor said:
    Krysaliss said:
    My character is trying to raise 4 million to do what she wants in her new house. 

That's not that heavy duty....

It is when she's not getting her gold by grabbing @Gjarrus by the ankles and shaking him. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • 100% accurate. 

I am not a gold vault, man. That's Kabaal's job and he can't send my magicker money for a housing project. :P
  • (Or, hey, simple solution. Send me gold.  Happily providing a gold sink since 2006 <3)

• OwynOwyn US
    edited July 2017
    @Sarrius you could just do IR BONEDUST.
    EDIT: IR DUST
  • Pretty sure it's been said before but...more environment types for housing. Please and thanks. 
  • Krysaliss said:
    Pretty sure it's been said before but...more environment types for housing. Please and thanks. 
    Beach, pls.
    You say, "Oh crap."