Skip to content

Leylines and Surges

2»

Comments

• Eoghan said:
    I'm not going to give any specifics, but the vague answer is "most things thematically tied to a circle." Some classes CIRCLEs are impacted more than others.

• WTB red shard skill to see leyline status. Maybe a blue to check one area, too.
  • edited June 2017
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Influencer' Achievement! You have earned Influential Racial Title.

Still don't see any for captures, but I have 210 of those :D
  • For the curious: the next closest player for influence points is at 6278. Congratulations on being the first (and currently the only) person to be Influential!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    For the curious: the next closest player for influence points is at 6278. Congratulations on being the first (and currently the only) person to be Influential!
    Should have an influence rankings like with mob kill rankings
  • Considering the mutative properties of the moons breaking, something similar with surges could be interesting.

Things like demonic positive surges causing someone to grow a random addition akin to transmogrify might be interesting. The additional appendage/effect could have it's own health, which would decrease in off-affinity areas, making the effect dormant. Though, this might be outside the scope or lore of surges, if they're limited to short term or instant effects.

As for wormholes, they have far more issues than just affinity, as it's been historically impossible to have a decent wormhole network setup in Imperian. When an entire circle has an active interest in getting rid of wormholes and no incentive to leave them, they get cancelled pretty quick. Contrast this to Achaea where every side has a variant of the Serpentlord class and the result is a wormhole network that tends to be left in place, at least when I last checked. 

Would it be worth having a split thread to discuss wormholes? 

• I would like to see increased benefits based on total number of leylines influenced instead of just area effects.

Either a benefit for the circle with the most leylines captured at any given time, or benefits like:

1-5 leylines capture = benefit 1
    6-10 = benefit 2
    11-20 = benefit 3
    21+ = benefit 4
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I would like to see increased benefits based on total number of leylines influenced instead of just area effects.

Either a benefit for the circle with the most leylines captured at any given time, or benefits like:

1-5 leylines capture = benefit 1
    6-10 = benefit 2
    11-20 = benefit 3
    21+ = benefit 4
    Yeah. This is something we have considered. I actually did not think that leylines would be this popular, but I am loving it. 

We will probably take another pass at them before the end of the year.

• I was speaking with Zenigra the other day and found out more about surges. I really don't understand the concept of this. All it does is hinder a player from their natural skills. Either all players should suffer from surges(UGH!) or take it out altogether(preferable). 

As for leylines, I am under the belief they are suppose to be a conflict oriented concept. Why aren't leylines announced when someone first begins to influence them? The current system really doesn't cause conflict unless someone finishes influencing then waits there to see if anyone tries to come change it back.
  • The on-skill version seems to be a failure still, even if it's fairer than it was before. I would probably prefer something like surge ticks in the area every minute or so, modified by where the influence is at.

IIRC, they said something like the leylines themselves are supposed to be a secondary conflict thing, which is why it only has a small response window? The one problem with an earlier alert is the conversion hill. TBH, I wouldn't mind just changing it to a flat 2% per influence. That way you can drop an alert without it being instantly in favor of the holding circle (like what happened to you when I caught you early while trying to influence Khandava Forest)
  • I would rather we play up leylines as a territory control system. I think we need something to provide an impetus to go back to collecting shards, had really been meaning to make a thread about this. If we encourage leylines as a system like above, shards have a perpetual sink to dump them in to.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • @Gjarrus That would be cool. Except they would need to make all major bashing areas naturally neutral instead of inclined to any particular influence.