Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• USE command that details all of the basic verbs something accepts. Can always make some give a "You think you might be able to use it somehow." vaguery if you want people to play the guessing game, but a reliable starting point would be handy.

Also plx what Dreacor said. People never remember to use my locate trigger :(
  • edited June 2017
    Just rq while we're on the subject make it possible to shake your head at things that aren't other players cause the game thinks everything is a raspberry bush.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Oystir said:
    Just rq while we're on the subject make it possible to shake your head at things that aren't other players cause the game thinks everything is a raspberry bush.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The NO emote works fine on items, as far as I can tell.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • SHAKE does not. 
  • edited June 2017
    Oystir said:
    SHAKE does not. 
    For most races, the NO emote is identical to the SHAKE emote. For the races it isn't, it's because the SHAKE emote involves shaking their tail.

Editing the rest of my post to completely reverse what I said before. If the other shake conditions are not met, SHAKE will now work as an emote on items.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Any chance for a belieflog summary? Would show Name - Spent beleif - Gained Belief in a column for everyone  on that days log
  • Fanglor said:
    Any chance for a belieflog summary? Would show Name - Spent beleif - Gained Belief in a column for everyone  on that days log
    Can't edit, but this was done at a weird time for me. It should show Net as well
  • Can we have more incentives for logging in or playing a certain amount of hours?

When we have the wheel promo for example, we get a free spin daily. It's fun and I know people who log in, socialize and do random things for the free spin. Bashing used to be fun for me(bonus to some others) because I had the chance to get gladiator tickets.

Some games offer a daily bonus for logging in and then a bigger bonus for logging in for a week, then a bigger for logging in everyday for the month. Something along those lines would be fun. It doesn't necessarily have to be big, but 1 lesson or something would be nice.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Wyll said:
    Can we have more incentives for logging in or playing a certain amount of hours?

When we have the wheel promo for example, we get a free spin daily. It's fun and I know people who log in, socialize and do random things for the free spin. Bashing used to be fun for me(bonus to some others) because I had the chance to get gladiator tickets.

Some games offer a daily bonus for logging in and then a bigger bonus for logging in for a week, then a bigger for logging in everyday for the month. Something along those lines would be fun. It doesn't necessarily have to be big, but 1 lesson or something would be nice.
    Warframe at least when I used to play it (got off of it because my friends stopped playing it), did this.  It was always small but useful things and then a somewhat bigger thing if you logged in several days in a row.  It certainly kept me making sure I got on for a bit each day.
  • I don't think bashing is something that needs incentives. Bashing isn't a particularly social thing and doesn't really add a lot to the game. Most of the interactions while bashing are OOC on rings, or like me, just solo bashing with RTOFF. Also I think those gladiator tickets (as much as they benefited me) gave out an absolutely ludicrous amount of credits on a pretty regular basis, so I think they needed to be either removed or waaaaay toned down in the prize department.

I do think given the lack of credits on the market (due to the lack of need for gold), there should be some way to gain a token amount of lessons or credits, though, which doesn't require a real money purchase.

Some other thread mentioned that it's possible to F2P, but I can't see how people who are unwilling to spend money can trans skills without access to any credits. The credit market is empty a lot of the time, now.
  • I would love if ACTIVATE BONES ON RUNESTONE worked. It's meh having to touch everyone manually (even if it's only once per runestone)
  • Keep your bones away from me >:V
  • edited July 2017
    Would it be at all possible for the news to set to the most recent post, or like a reasonably recent post for new players, instead of everything starting at post 1/4964? One of the hardest parts about teaching newbies how to read the news is telling them to read the last post of every individual section just to get them to where they can start keeping up. Even if I tell them to use the READNEWS X LATEST command it's like at least 12 channels. 

• @Rokas @Myrcella ...and this is the point at which Owyn realized, he hasn't been using his runestone the whole time because yew works automatically. :/
  • Oystir said:
    Would it be at all possible for the news to set to the most recent post, or like a reasonably recent post for new players, instead of everything starting at post 1/4964? One of the hardest parts about teaching newbies how to read the news is telling them to read the last post of every individual section just to get them to where they can start keeping up. Even if I tell them to use the READNEWS X LATEST command it's like at least 12 channels. 

This is now on my list of planned additions, but no ETA on its implementation.

Rokas said:
    I would love if ACTIVATE BONES ON RUNESTONE worked. It's meh having to touch everyone manually (even if it's only once per runestone)
    Right now, ACTIVATE is deliberately restricted to armor runes/bones (bear and fang, currently). This could conceivably be extended for the case of runestones (for bones that don't have to be flared), but it isn't currently planned. File an IDEA so we can track it, please!
  • So. I don't really know what the plans are for the future, it's hard to keep up with everything for me, but I would like to kind of point out that something else kind of needs added to do. Imperian focuses almost 90% on pvp, which that's cool and all, but I feel for a game to be successful there needs to be a bit of give and take as well. Such as what is there to do when there is no pvp? 'Bashing' and 'Designing' or just 'Roleplaying' doesn't always feel like an adequate answer to me. I kind of hate that there's nothing that we really can do to actively help our cities out on the daily, besides pvp. I'd like to see some of kind of gathering mechanics added or something else. I see them reflected in how the shards are, but it seems that shards ran their course and it wasn't really set to be something that players needed to sustain at all. The same can be said for caravans and the commodities. It's kind of a moot situation with the commodity gathering in my opinion. I know it's kind of hard (especially with how much other stuff you guys have going), but there needs to be something to do. I am actively becoming bored, and I know there are quite a few avid players out there that also spend much of their time twiddling their thumbs, be it between battles or just don't feel like going out to casually bash for experience and gold. 
  • Team Deathmatch, Team KotH, Team Bloodbath - As the solo modes, but you would join as a team. Should probably be like 2-4 team members, trending smaller with population.

*Kyahahas and twirls his moustache as he leaves a PvP suggestion*
  • edited July 2017
    Add in minor exploration crap that rewards quest experience and occasional goodies like lessons or favours or something. Read something in an area, talk to a mob and get all their pointless dialogue out, probe a giant rock with some ancient symbols, etc and receive a little tuft of quest experience (and maybe an achievement for overall things found and specific types).

With exploration not a time sink, it's less of a meh to add in some 'hidden' quests that only reveal when you've seen enough of the speshul items or stuff, too. The one downside is that it'd require revisiting areas without as much direction as the quest fixing offers, but it seems like area touch-ups are also in the pipeline.

The idea is basically how Codex crap works in Bioware games (Mass Effect, Dragon Age for the uncultured)
    tl;dr - Exploration into mechanical gain!

*Gnehehes and strokes his beard as he leaves a non-PvP suggestion*
  • Profession Package. Similar to lesson package, except only bought to tri-trans a profession available to your character; no lessons, no credits.
  • As one of those nerds who does ALL THE THINGS in ME and related games and adores Codex entries, yes please what Kabaal said.
  • Owyn said:
    Profession Package. Similar to lesson package, except only bought to tri-trans a profession available to your character; no lessons, no credits.
    As in, the exact amount of lessons to tri trans, or insta tri trans? I feel the latter would be a pain to code
  • Nah - sale just provides three tokens that set your lessons invested to 1738 in a given profession skill. You would then just use the three on one profession.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Breaking up Help Promotions into multiple helps (like moving tonics to help treasure maps since as far as i know it's the only way to get them) would be super helpful. Also adding a tradein value to holocaust and glacier bombs would help clear up inventories, the promotion is long gone and they're worthless.
  • Arakis said:
    Breaking up Help Promotions into multiple helps (like moving tonics to help treasure maps since as far as i know it's the only way to get them) would be super helpful. Also adding a tradein value to holocaust and glacier bombs would help clear up inventories, the promotion is long gone and they're worthless.
    ARTIFACT BOMB TRADEIN [CONFIRM]

Past wheel promos have all been considered artifacts.

Charms, emitters, beacons, bombs, certificates are all traded in via the ARTIFACT command.

Assembly are traded in still with PROMO TRADEIN
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Arakis said:
    Breaking up Help Promotions into multiple helps (like moving tonics to help treasure maps since as far as i know it's the only way to get them) would be super helpful. Also adding a tradein value to holocaust and glacier bombs would help clear up inventories, the promotion is long gone and they're worthless.
    Help promotions has definitely gotten to the kind of length it would benefit greatly from being broken up into separate files IMO.
  • CONFIG COLORBLIND ON/OFF
    Switches the game's colors from the default color scheme to one using only white and grey, for the colorblind boys among us.

I mostly suggest this because like Krysaliss I'd like to use color in more of my writing and help scrolls, but at least 3 people I know struggle to see my favorite colors. :(
  • Is this the right place for this? I have no idea, but I'm putting this here anyways..

Can we have more artifact reskins? HELP RESKIN for those who have no idea what I am talking about. The reskin writs were put into phylactery during the last promo, but the only thing we can use it for is Halloween reskins.

Another player and I were talking about this earlier, but it'd be cool if you guys could work on some of the minor bugs if they're easy fixes, because if they're labeled with minor at this point we can pretty much hope to never see it fixed with a new profession coming out, classleads, etc even though some of these minor bugs impact the game and its enjoyment.

Cough, let me pour my liquids from bottles/pitchers into cups/glasses, cough.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Can the path system automatically unlock and open doors you have keys to? Can we have a single command for attempting to unlock and open doors we have keys to? It isn't hard to code around, but I am lazy.