Skip to content

Quests

As was discussed in the Twitch stream, this is the thread to report quests that are broken and quest that are not in the official quest system that you would like to see in there.

We are currently, slowly going through each of the quests in the system and checking for errors and updating some of the prog associated with them.

Post away if you have some you would like to see get some love.

Comments

• I haven't looked in a while, but I'm pretty sure the Al'drym spore quest was spawning the wrong color spore, meaning I couldn't help the bad lady? I bugged it ages ago.
  • Thank you @Jeremy Saunders for fixing the UW quests.

However, I noticed that its now saying my personal completions are 250 (no matter which quest I do). I haven't killed enough mobs for that to be correct.
  • @Jeremy Saunders
    Is there a way to bump bug reports that are like, super stale but you did make, that are pertinent to this, since it's a focus now?
  • Is there a command to abandon quests?
  • Gjarrus said:
    Is there a command to abandon quests?
    ABANDON <quest>
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I've talked with Druu about the one quest I found that noone has ever completed (at least by the quest log) Hence my 100 deaths in last 2 days. I just gotta buff up some maybe, but those boss mechanics are tough when have to solo it!
  • Osatia in Khous has been broken forever (bug 62080). Daisy works half as often as you need her to (bug 61535). 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • One of my novices just brought to my attention that quest 177 in Black Pines was not properly counting his whatever is needed to finish the quest. He was at 22/10 mob kills(?) and greeting the quest giver person was not making any progress for him. 

I had him abandon and restart, idak if it's working, but I'm mentioning it here. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • The biggest thing I would personally suggest for improving quests would be discoverability.  Right now the best ways for discovering new quest I know are:

1] bungling into a new area and spamming emotes at every NPC I can find, or

2] cribbing peoples QHONORS and making educated guesses, which usually ends up devolving into (1) anyways

In most other games, the main cities/townes/hubs are the main cities/townes/hubs because that's where you GET the quests and so forth.  See Dalaran in WoW for one example.  So you really could kill two birds with one stone here in terms of cities' diminishing importance.  You could even go for gold and make it really lore-y to emphasize the respective values of each side.
  • DruuDruu The Garden
    Oystir said:
    One of my novices just brought to my attention that quest 177 in Black Pines was not properly counting his whatever is needed to finish the quest. He was at 22/10 mob kills(?) and greeting the quest giver person was not making any progress for him. 

I had him abandon and restart, idak if it's working, but I'm mentioning it here. 
    I just looked at this, and I think I know whats wrong, but I'm going to ask Jeremy about it first. Thanks for reporting it.

As for everyone else in the thread, I'm getting to everything as I can. There are 1204 quests in the quests system currently and I'm going through all of them as I can. It'll be awhile, but we'll get there!
    "One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."
  • Anette said:
    @Jeremy Saunders
    Is there a way to bump bug reports that are like, super stale but you did make, that are pertinent to this, since it's a focus now?
    No. But if you can post the bug number here (assuming we are talking about a quest bug) and a short description of the problem, I can get on it.

• Anette said:
    The biggest thing I would personally suggest for improving quests would be discoverability.  Right now the best ways for discovering new quest I know are:

1] bungling into a new area and spamming emotes at every NPC I can find, or

2] cribbing peoples QHONORS and making educated guesses, which usually ends up devolving into (1) anyways

In most other games, the main cities/townes/hubs are the main cities/townes/hubs because that's where you GET the quests and so forth.  See Dalaran in WoW for one example.  So you really could kill two birds with one stone here in terms of cities' diminishing importance.  You could even go for gold and make it really lore-y to emphasize the respective values of each side.
    Agreed, and is something I would like more of.

• Anette said:
    @Jeremy Saunders
    No. But if you can post the bug number here (assuming we are talking about a quest bug) and a short description of the problem, I can get on it.
    I am 99% sure I bugged the explorer guy one but it's been long enough that next time I'm able to log in I'll recheck it before I see if its still outstanding and reference it.
  • Animal Activists

Mender Elianda - found the deer, but she's not recognizing that I found it like when I found the hedgehog. Also, I found the fox, but she's not acknowledging that either.

Guardian Dakon - won't allow me to anything other than 'taking care of the animals'. The Atemal portion of the quest isn't working.

Thank you!
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/073Amz_1

Either she's broked or I couldn't guess the passphrase. 
    Plus she missed a thing or two :/
  • DruuDruu The Garden
    Oystir said:
    One of my novices just brought to my attention that quest 177 in Black Pines was not properly counting his whatever is needed to finish the quest. He was at 22/10 mob kills(?) and greeting the quest giver person was not making any progress for him. 

@Oystir

With me and Jeremy fixing another quest today, I figured out what was wrong with this quest using that experience and it should be fixed now. That particular person, or anyone with more than 10 kills may need to abandon the quest and pick it up again though.
    "One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."
  • Oystir said:
    Osatia in Khous has been broken forever (bug 62080). Daisy works half as often as you need her to (bug 61535). 
    Ostia and Diasy are fixed. In both cases I did quite a bit of work to make these a bit easier to manage. Let me know if you encounter any bugs in any of these and I will fix them right away as they are fresh in my mind.

Still working on Al'drym by the way. Getting close to being completely done. I have noticed people doing some of the quests. The main sage quests are still completely borked though. Should be done within the next couple of days.

• Myrcella said:

Mender Elianda - found the deer, but she's not recognizing that I found it like when I found the hedgehog. Also, I found the fox, but she's not acknowledging that either.

This one is fixed. Let me know if there are problems.

• I have completely redone the Al'drym woods quests. Most of them from scratch. There are about 20 different quests, many of them interconnected and I think there are 3 honours you can get. Some of them can be a bit more difficult to figure out. If you find bugs, please post them here or message me directly.

Enjoy