Skip to content

Split thread - Discussion of PK and Issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Improving Imperian.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Can we please make an announcement or something about how to use issues? I am getting issued for collecting bounties, killing people after they attack me, and, believe it or not, FLINGING A UNIVERSE TAROT IN SOMEONE'S ROOM. Seriously. I got issued because I "attempted to gank me with a Doppleganger slipping me a Map."

Further, it should be emphasized that once an issue is filed (as a last resort of resolution), seeking retribution IG is not the thing to do. Issuing me and then posting a market tell for an assassination contract is stupid.

This is utterly ridiculous, and it makes the game suffer in terms of pvp. No wonder everyone is retiring.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Can we please make an announcement or something about how to use issues? I am getting issued for collecting bounties, killing people after they attack me, and, believe it or not, FLINGING A UNIVERSE TAROT IN SOMEONE'S ROOM. Seriously. I got issued because I "attempted to gank me with a Doppleganger slipping me a Map."

Further, it should be emphasized that once an issue is filed (as a last resort of resolution), seeking retribution IG is not the thing to do. Issuing me and then posting a market tell for an assassination contract is stupid.

This is utterly ridiculous, and it makes the game suffer in terms of pvp. No wonder everyone is retiring.

I'd actually argue that promoting PvP with every event and promotion is what is pushing people away from the game. People don't like to be griefed. PvP is griefing, nothing more, nothing less.

There are other types of players than those who are focused on PvP, but this game has always favored players who PKed. PvP in this game is not suffering, it's the fact that players, yourself included, will use whatever thin excuse there is to attack and kill another player, especially if you know you can kill that player. I.e, they aren't a combatant or they're a newbie.

And I don't care what anyone says, even when someone gets pass level 30, they're still a newbie learning the game in some cases. That newbie said something 'dumb' or they 'talked smack'? Okay, let it go. Who gives a flip, but no, alot of you use it as an excuse to go kill because you know the PK rules allow it.

That is what runs people away, because those types of actions don't encourage RP to solve an issue, but instead resort to ending avenues of RP by killing. What is the fun in killing someone who's only defense is the server side autocuring anyways?

How do you resolve confrontations in game with players anyways when the first reaction they have is to attack and kill? This game isn't suffering because of a lack of PK, this game is suffering because of the lack a diverse playerbase.

Make your way over to Achaea or even Lusternia and just read their forums. How open they are to different types of players is refreshing compared to here. And I love this game, believe me, I want to see it thrive, but I'm getting real tired of the narrow focus on just PK.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • There is a difference between "talking smack" and killing someone. If you kill me, expect to be killed in return. It's that simple. If you engage in a raid, you're getting bountied. Don't start pvp if you don't want to be a part of it. It's not a thin excuse. 
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • And to clarify, the issue isn't people being forced to fight. It's people wasting admin time with issues before seeking other means of resolution.

• And to clarify, the issue isn't people being forced to fight. It's people wasting admin time with issues before seeking other means of resolution.
    Nothing is a waste of admin time if a player feels they are being griefed or treated unfairly within the rules of the game. They allow us that avenue of resolution for this specific reason. Just putting this out there, but dropping that line in an issue isn't going to win you any favors.

I don't know the specific reason why you got issued this time, but I do know you have killed people before for 'talking smack' because you knew you could even though you could have resolved someone insulting you in a better manner, nevermind that they couldn't even defend themselves.

But don't complain about people leaving the game or us having a small playerbase before doing some self reflecting. This game isn't all about PK and if we want to attract more players, we're going to have to broaden our appeal besides LOLPK.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • edited June 2017
    A) You trespassed into enemy territory.
    B) Attacked my city leader/mother, regardless of your reasons, within the same territory, dragging her into our sewers and not even a minute had passed between then and my engaging you with a Cleave while you were out of the room then decided to walk into anyway, twice.
    C) Was a Champion at the time (took your Spine in killing)

Yet you go on to proclaim you 'have cause' for killing me later, and repeatedly in a shout. THEN you go on and KEEP RAIDING to try and get ranged lusts for kills. This despite the last time you harassed me for a full damned month of my hunting in Underworld, which isn't open PK anyway but I did have a bounty on me in your defense...you couldn't kill me. Just wouldn't stop pestering though, and you killed my priest friend several times. Next day, I let you actually get a kill when I went to check the Gladiator pits just so you'd leave me the hell alone. Here you are again, being a whiny child about it. Over and over and over, yet somehow declaring YOU are the one being wronged, and every death is an excuse to attack me later. Do you have something you need to work out? Is there something we can do to actually help you vent whatever is wrong with you in a meaningful manner so you stop abusing what remote arguments you may have for combat and actually RP it out so it becomes something more than 'trololol I'm a keel you whenever and then afterwards because you defended your city!'?

Then you sit there and send me tells that you STILL have rights to kill me for each time I kill you defending my city when you consciously enter its boundaries, doppielust attempt people then bodily enter several rooms in to jump them yourself, or get chased right outside the damned gates you JUST sat at sending your Doppie in to mess with us....how is any of this legit combat RP?
  • That sunglasses was supposed to be a B, but eh
  • I had NO RP reason to interact with you before you sit there trying to call me out with death threats after killing Laeka 4 times for one Bounty, and I don't give a damn for your reasoning for that it's a d*** move...

Shush with your complaints till you are actually the in the right. Combat...fine, even if I lose as I still am learning, need to figure out what poisons I need to use, how to actually use my Longs better in single combat (axes don't do near enough damage as I had hoped they would :( ), etc. But each loss is a learning experience for me. What you're doing is just tantrums that doesn't stop, then claiming you 'have Cause to kill' me later. Cause always was an OOC concept for tracking RP reasons to kill someone, yooou keep spouting it ICily instead of RPing the reasoning for it. Quit it.
  • Sidenote: I'm fairly certain that issuing someone and then marketing "x" amount of credits for the person you just issued's head is frowned upon.

Can there be clarification on that, please?
  • I too can press the disagree button while adding nothing of substance to the conversation.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • edited June 2017
    Myrcella said:
    Sidenote: I'm fairly certain that issuing someone and then marketing "x" amount of credits for the person you just issued's head is frowned upon.

Can there be clarification on that, please?

Did you not see when he offered 20 credits for Grashella's head first? Or do we have selective reading now? Also, I don't even think that is allowed in the first place.

Edit: Something to note as well, he offered 20 credits for her head right after she killed him for trespassing into Antioch because he was salty AF he couldn't kill her. That's not a PK reason.

So before you go complaining about PK and issues, maybe you should read HELP PK first.
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • edited June 2017
    I've split the posts out of the Improving Imperian thread. Please remember that thread is intended for suggesting quality of life improvements to game mechanics, not venting about combat or issues. Combat and administrative action in general do not belong in that thread.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Missed this one in the splitting, sorry.

That and....uh...you didn't READ my market ad. I literally had his spine for killing him, and replied to his offer for trading credits for my head...with selling his spine for 10cr more than that. Don't just leap to conclusions skimming pertinent information, please.

And THAT market ad business was RL days ago. Never issued then. Issued now because he's just not STOPPED being a pest, never made a market ad. I'll get my own kills or I won't, thank you. Else look into that assassin contract bit, though prefer the actual fighting myself. Silly to work to survive combat as much as I do and not be willing to get a bit dirty...but there needs to be actual RP behind the combat is my whole point.
  • Closing this thread. We're getting very close to personal attack territory, and there isn't much to be gained from keeping it open.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • I'll sort through this a bit in the morning and post my thoughts.

• Well dang it. I blamed @Wyll for a personal attack that we had to delete and I was wrong, it was not @Wyll and I apologize for calling him out on something that did not happen.

This discussion has been closed.