Skip to content

Nexus Client

edited May 2017 in Scripting
If anyone is experienced with the Nexus client and would be willing to lend a hand, that would be awesome.

I played years ago and decided to get back in it. I used z/cmud, but they aren't supported anymore so it doesn't make much sense to use them. I'm really liking the look of the Nexus client, and decided to give it a shot.

Unfortunately I cant even get a simple auto basher to work. I made a trigger to auto attack on balance recovery, and then aliases that disable and enable the trigger, as well as an alias "k" to initiate the initial attack instead of typing out the attack name. When I use "k" it disables the input, and I have to relog. So I manually attacked to see if the trigger works. No such luck. The aliases to enable and disable also do not work.

IronRealms provides little to nothing on actual tutorials on scripting for their client, which is very disapointing.

Comments

• Not to rain on the Nexus parade, because I think it is a very good client for someone trying out the game. But, why don't you give Mudlet a try? It is free and with the recent update to 3.0, it's pretty much CMUD and you'll find that they are similar.

The only difference is that you'll be scripting in lua. Which isn't hard to pick up if you are familiar with scripting in general and you pretty much can just Google any problems you have and be able to figure it out.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • The only person that I can think of with experience in Nexus is @Zenigra
  • Haha. Told you everyone would tell you to get mudlet, @Jesstin
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Post your code.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure