Skip to content

May Festivities

Imperian has planned several weekend events for the month of May, complete with credit prizes for everyone involved.

Here is the full schedule!

Great Hunt

This Great Hunt will be old school. No more summoning commands, no more easy street. If you want to kill something for points, find it and kill it. Eight separate rounds that are three hours each. Even if you don't want the prizes, come for the double XP.

Prize Schedule in HELP GREATHUNT. In this event all participants will earn prizes.

Saturday, May 6th, 2017

•    00:00 - 03:00 GMT - Round 1
  •    06:00 - 09:00 GMT - Round 2
  •    12:00 - 15:00 GMT - Round 3
  •    18:00 - 21:00 GMT - Round 4

Sunday, May 7th, 2017

•    00:00 - 03:00 GMT - Round 5
  •    06:00 - 09:00 GMT - Round 6
  •    12:00 - 15:00 GMT - Round 7
  •    18:00 - 21:00 GMT - Round 8

PK Weekend

Eight separate PK arena events. The top five contestants will win credit prizes. 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 credits each.

For more information read HELP FFA and HELP BLOODBATH.

Saturday, May 13th, 2017
  •    00:00: FFA
  •    06:00: Bloodbath
  •    12:00: FFA
  •    18:00: Bloodbath

Sunday, May 14th, 2017

•    00:00: Bloodbath
  •    06:00: FFA
  •    12:00: Bloodbath
  •    18:00: FFA

Find It Weekend

Eight separate search for items events. The top five contestants will win credit prizes. 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 credits each.

For more information read HELP SOUL TRAP and HELP HUNTGAME.

Saturday, May 20th, 2017

•    00:00: Soul Trap
  •    06:00: Gemhunt
  •    12:00: Soul Trap
  •    18:00: Gemhunt

Sunday, May 21st, 2017

•    00:00: Gemhunt
  •    06:00: Soul Trap
  •    12:00: Gemhunt
  •    18:00: Soul Trap

Survival Weekend

Eight separate arena events versus mobs. The top five contestants will win credit prizes. 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10 credits each.

For more information read HELP OVERRUN and HELP WARZONE.

Saturday, May 20th, 2017

•    00:00: Overrun
  •    06:00: Warzone
  •    12:00: Overrun
  •    18:00: Warzone

Sunday, May 21st, 2017

•    00:00: Warzone
  •    06:00: Overrun
  •    12:00: Warzone
  •    18:00: Overrun

Message me if you have questions!

Comments

• yall got survival mode pve games? Dude you rock
  • Looking forward to participating in these events. Is this replacing the ToA for this year?
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • LynyssaLynyssa Australia
    Wyll said:
    Looking forward to participating in these events. Is this replacing the ToA for this year?
    I hope not... I really loved the ToA as it was but from what I understand, it took a lot out of people for 2 weeks straight stuff.
    You point your finger at Wyll and pretend to shoot.

• Lynyssa said:
    Wyll said:
    Looking forward to participating in these events. Is this replacing the ToA for this year?
    I hope not... I really loved the ToA as it was but from what I understand, it took a lot out of people for 2 weeks straight stuff.

I hope not too, which is why I ask!
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • I'm really not a big fan of the survival pve arena games.

Overrun seems really silly in that its preferred to stack in a group, work together and not get RNG targetted with death before everyone else. I would much rather see overrun completed in two ways 1) Each person has a separate area causing it to actually test your survival. 2) Have it be a team game. Either two or so teams competing against each team to survive or one team competing to survive either waves or a clock.

Warzone on the other hand just seems to get to a point very early where it gets too crazy.(This might be because it might not adjust to the amount of players in the arena) I just didn't enjoy instantly dying everytime i'd respawn((and its not like i'm fairly squishy)) I'd much rather see rooms sparsely filled and having to make choices about do i want to fight this safe room or take a risk on this more filled but worth more points room then have no choice at all
  • I will be making some adjustments to both games before they roll around.

• Is the FFA going to happen? 
  • Gjarrus said:
    Is the FFA going to happen? 
    For some reason the scheduler didn't fire it off, and I just got back. Firing it up now.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • What plans did you have in mind for the PvE arena events before the stuff this weekend?
  • I have made some changes to the events. Specifically WarZone in order to slow down the number mobs so that it does not get too stupid at the end.

• Scheduler problems again?
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Stone giants in Warzone

Why?
  • Sumie said:
    I'm really not a big fan of the survival pve arena games.

Overrun seems really silly in that its preferred to stack in a group, work together and not get RNG targetted with death before everyone else. I would much rather see overrun completed in two ways 1) Each person has a separate area causing it to actually test your survival. 2) Have it be a team game. Either two or so teams competing against each team to survive or one team competing to survive either waves or a clock.

Warzone on the other hand just seems to get to a point very early where it gets too crazy.(This might be because it might not adjust to the amount of players in the arena) I just didn't enjoy instantly dying everytime i'd respawn((and its not like i'm fairly squishy)) I'd much rather see rooms sparsely filled and having to make choices about do i want to fight this safe room or take a risk on this more filled but worth more points room then have no choice at all
    after finally having participated in both, I have to agree with Sumie. With warzone toned down now a bit, I'd like to see ways to reset someone's points, because being able to walk in and steal a mob kill without repercussions is silly, especially when setting up a trigger to fire your attack everytime you move makes this extremely easy to do, without even meaning to, and makes the whole process aggravating. I know more than once I tanked a mob for a good bit, not getting lucky crits only to have someone walk in an steal all the work I did. and I'm pretty sure after I set up my own trigger I did the same to others. Anyways, this may not be the right place for this, just my 2 cents on PvE arena: they involve little to no skill and are just aggravating at this point.
  • Now that the events are over, I just want to say I had fun participating in them. The only event I didn't find engaging was Overrun, since we all stood in a room together, hoping that when mobs got uber strong we were the one lucky enough not to get targetted.

Two events to my knowledge ran 20+ minutes late, which IMO is inconsiderate to your playerbase who may schedule around the posted times. Especially since the second event was one of the events on the second to last day. Also considering it was suppose to be an automatic scheduled event. For that particular one, I gave up after the 20 minute market and logged off.

All in all, it was very fun and a great opportunity to earn a little bit of credits. Thanks!
    You say, "Oh crap."
  • Re: Warzone
    You guys weren't trying to KS on purpose? I definitely was. That's part of the game, imo.

With what I suppose was a decent number of people, it took about 15m (guesstimating) to get to the point where I was just hitting my attack macro while teledying between rooms filled with mobs. At the same time, it felt a little sparse for the first few minutes. Either the #/player scaling needs some slight tweaking, or it could stand to be added in if it's not already.

Also, the giants were a pain to have in there. I figure it's intentional since zombie giants are a thing, but they may need to be worth a point or two more.

Overall, though, it seems pretty close to a fun game mode with slight tweaks needed.

Re: Overrun

This mode is Zzzz right now. Team Sit-in-Room-and-See-Who-Gets-the-Unlucky-Aggro would be closer to accurate for how it plays out. Mobs should probably move faster towards players, and the spawn each round should have a bit more weight per player in room instead of the even spread. At least then there's some incentive to split up and a little bit of ability to impact other players by guiding mobs around, or you can just group and try to endure the hammer of mobs smashing into you. Dunno what else would help, but something's not quite right.

If you wanted to make a bashing zone that locked people into a room that did the same with better rewards the longer you make it, though? Yes plx @Druu

• Man, if you think the giants were bad, my restoration and mending vials decayed sometime before the match, along with my pot! So I couldn't make anymore... Do you know how hard it is to do anything when you are a cripple on the ground. DO YOU?!