Skip to content

Rowynn's Art Commissions

edited March 2017 in The Marketplace
I've recently started taking commissions for my art and have been given the thumbs up to advertise them here on the forums. What does this mean for you? It means that if you like my art enough, you have a chance to have a portrait of your favorite character done by me. Please note that these paintings do -not- have to be strictly Imperian related (I even included a few references from my personal favorite game to waste time on :3 ) - I will do my best to draw whatever fandom or OC you want. I will, however, only be offering these portraits on a limited, first come, first served basis; this means that only three slots will be available at a time, and if you do not make the first list you will need to wait until commissions are open again. This is mostly to ensure that I do not get bogged down with too much work at a time, so that -your- commissions will not suffer and be as close to perfect as I can get them. 

Prices:

Portraits - $30

I accept payment through Paypal only. 

**Right now, I will only be offering portraits. Doing artwork on a commission by commission basis is new to me, so I do not wish to bite off more than I can chew. I have included examples of artwork with backgrounds merely for reference sake.**

How do you get a commission?

If you're interested in commissioning me, please send me an E-MAIL at commissions@samanthasmith.studio stating that you'd like a commission. I would really prefer you not message me in game or on the forums unless you are somehow unable to use e-mail. In the e-mail, please include your forum name so that I can tag you in the post - you may also include a deviantart or tumblr name if you have either of those. You do not have to include your references at this point! Once I get your e-mail, I will mark your spot as claimed here if it's still available and e-mail you back to notify you. Once all of the spots have been claimed, we can then discuss references and details whenever you are ready.

If you do not have references, I will be using your character description (if applicable) to go off of - this means I will be taking  A LOT of liberties to fill in the blanks. If you're ok with this, great! If not, please remember to send me as many references as possible. Seriously, this means pictures of any faceclaim actors/actresses, pose shots, clothing ideas, or basically anything that you think will be applicable. All of these help tremendously in getting your idea across.

If you have other questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or here.
(If the reference images attached aren't showing... please let me know. In the mean time, you may check them out at my here aaaand here!)

Commission Slots:

1 - CLAIMED
2 - OPEN
3 - OPEN

Like my art? Visit my tumblr page, here, for more pretties, and for commission info, click here!

Comments

• I was going to add it in the edit, but forgot! :( I'm the worst. Still, you should totally hire me to do art. :)

Like my art? Visit my tumblr page, here, for more pretties, and for commission info, click here!
  • Aren't I lovely?
  • Commission slot #2 has been claimed. There is one spot left if anyone else would like a portrait done.

• Commission spot #3 has been claimed, which means all spots have been filled for this round of portraits. :)

• I wish I could hit Awesome more than once. I love it! Can I post your progression shots? Because I think they are awesome too, @Rowynn.
  • @Elokia Sure! 

• IniarIniar Australia
    Gorgeous.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited March 2017
    After a bit of waffling on whether I should make a new post or reuse this one, I finally decided that I should just resurrect my own thread instead of cluttering the forums with another. Yes, I said mine. Gasp! Anyway.. That aside, I've got some time on my hands and would like to offer some art commissions to those of you who might be interested. So, if you'd like to have a picture of your very own, or would like to maybe gift one to a friend, this is the perfect time for you to step up and speak to me! Keep in mind, pictures do not have to strictly be Imperian-related.

I have recently reworked my pricing and have also opened up a few more options to choose from. I've even put them all in a tidy little graphic for easier viewing, which you should be able to see/click at the bottom of this post. :)

Basic Sketch: $10 
     - +$10 for additional character.

Chibi: $10-25
     - $10 Sketch
     - $15 Flat Color
     - $20 Shaded
     - $25 Full Render
    - +$10 for additional character.

Simple Portrait: $20-30
     - $20 Flat Color
     - $30 Shaded
    - +$15 for additional character.

Full Render: $40-80
     - $40 Portrait
     - $60 Bust
     - $80 Half Body
    - +$15 for additional character.

Full Body: $40-100+
     - $40 Flat Colors
     - $50 Shaded
     - $80-100+ Full Render
    - +$20 for additional character.

For those not able to see the pictures for whatever reason, here are some brief descriptions of the choices.

Sketch is basic lineart, no colors and minimal shading.
    Flat Color is lineart with the base layer of colors applied. Minimal shading and highlights.
    Shaded is colored with visible lineart, blending on shadows and highlights, but quality is not super polished.
    Full Render is a completed picture, with full blending on both shading and highlights, and is typically very detailed. Lineart will not be visible. The final result is very polished.

If you'd like to commission me, please send me an email at commissions@samanthasmith.studio. Make sure to state that it's for a commission, and let me know what style you'd like. You can email your references and details once your commission has been confirmed. Payment, when it is due, will be made through PAYPAL.

I've included a few more recent pictures below to show a few of the different styles, but if you have any questions or want to see examples of something specific, you're welcome to use the email or ask here. 

I take art commissions on request! Visit my website for commission info and more art!
  • Nice work!

• Thank you!

I take art commissions on request! Visit my website for commission info and more art!
  • Felt a little goofy today, so the notes reflect that. ;) May change them later.

• edited March 2017
    just this guy
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • You still doing these, @caelbrook?
  • I was wondering the same. I may very well want one come March 25th (payday).
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited March 2017
    @Anette, yes, I am. :) Anyone interested in a commission or who has questions about them is free to email me at commissions@samanthasmith.studio (edited because I forgot I have this and should probably stop giving out my personal e-mail *cough*) 

• I'mma see how many paypal coins I have since that's what you take, I read, and probably poke you :)

• @Etienne's snooty cat, Ophir. :smiley:

• edited March 2017
    Best painting of the best cat :)

• Poooonnnny, because who doesn't love unicorns? 

If anyone is interested, my commissions are still open. :)

• Not meaning to be complainy about it but I have a hard time reading your site with my eyes as they are, where would I email to inquire about a commission now that Im in a not-hospitalized state? :P 
  • @Anette  You can send them to commissions@samanthasmith.studio. :)