Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• Absolutely not.

Demonic:
    1v1 - Nice try, but forgot that Defiler still bork. Summoner is damage train with potential Enlighten, but to be omg damage scary you still need artifacts. Defiler does not. Just a bit of time (and by a bit I mean like... 10s.)

Magick:
    1v1 - Bard has a leg up for sure. Closely follow: Mage, Hunter, Druid. (Honestly, they're all good. I'm just so so lazy.)
         Notes^: Mage so, so much work. Much work. Hunter, also much work. But not as much. But look at Elrith's.
    Teams - RG, Druid, Bard -- depends on comp.

AM:
    1v1 - Monk, Outrider, Priest (Priest 2 ez, but so gud, but so boring)
    Team - Monk, Monk, Monk... did I mention Monk? Oh right, TEAM MONK is unstoppable. Then there's Templar/Outrider comp.
  • meh I'm bored so I'll do one of these as well
    Teams: All circles: knights and 2/3 neutral's (Hunter has potential but is honestly too squishy to be viable in teams) 
    Demonic: Summoner. Range, Utility, Damage, and decent aff support Defiler has a strong claim since it sometimes gets ignored in teams and that gives it freedom it wouldn't otherwise have
    Magick: Druid (basically the same as Summoner) and Bard
    AM: Monk (same as the other two ranged classes and added some cheese although Summoner also has pretty strong cheese available) Priest, Outrider (great synergy with the knight backbone)

1v1.
    Neutral: all of them, although Berserker is telegraphed enough that it's probably fairly weak. 
    Demonic: with Wytch going Neutral, strongest 1v1 is probably Assassin, since it's more forgivable that it can't tank. Afterwords probably Deathknight for the fast ramp with teeth, but they're all relatively even at that point
    Magick: Bard, not even going to mention anything else. Bard is easily the king of 1v1 right now. Ramps exceptionally quickly, has a high affrate, and scales into very high damage.
    AM: Outrider is the king here, Multiple killroutes, and requires less tracking than almost every other affliction class. 

Sleeper picks: Hunter if someone can avoid getting exploded instantly in teams, Priest because noone plays, Druid because it's exceptionally unexplored right now despite having a ton of power
  • @Cyr I don't think you've seen 1v1 Defiler, or looked hard at what it can do. It's by far scarier 1v1 than Summoner.
  • Neither of them really scare me, but that has far more to do with the quality and artifact weight of the people playing them. 
  • edited March 2017
  • OwynOwyn US
    edited March 2017
    Cyr said:
    Neither of them really scare me, but that has far more to do with the quality and artifact weight of the people playing them. 
    Right, but that doesn't have to do with what someone else could do with it. Like Theo for instance.

Edit: @Swale yes, AM culture best culture.
  • Why not.

Am:
    One v one: outrider
    Teams: outrider
    This isn't even a contest. There is literally no team composition an outrider isn't good in.

Magick:
    One v one: bard
    Teams: bard.
    Again, this isn't a contest. If you ignore the problems with bard:
    One v one: Renegade, honourable mention to rg.
    Teams: druid.

Demonic:
    One v one: defiler, (artied) summoner if defiler wasn't a timebomb, assassin if no arties for summoner.
    Teams: Summoner

Neutral:
    One v one: shaman.
    Teams: berserker.

• edited March 2017
    Most you know me relatively well.. What would fit my playstyle? Leaning toward Summoner, but I already have an axe + gauntlets for a knight class so that factors in heavily.

I've recently learned to track afflictions so Shaman is an option since I have totem.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • @TheophilusI think Shaman would certainly work well for you thematically. It offers circle flexibility, plus you like the 1v1.
  • Shamans are like the shamwow of Imperian.
  • edited March 2017
    Deathknight would probably be the easiest fit - in the sense that it's another great knight class.  Templar is probably still considered weakest knight but fits perfectly with AM's current favored strats, plus, AM, probably my favorite circle.  Your totem no longer translates to Shaman (it's another, separate artie now).  The biggest artie for Shaman is apparently the gloves for upped damage.

EDIT:  personally, I would go Templar and never look back.
  • edited March 2017
    @Theophilus - my recommendation is to just get gud w/ RG. I hear you already have Knight artifacts(?), and as has been mentioned, you are kind of important to magick - as a symbol of morale (especially after just getting voted into Erege like a week ago, it's an actual eyeroll the consideration/assumption you'd hop circles to follow the profession you think you'd win most with) and as a reasonably steady combatant that enables us to compete in the ways we actually do when you are around. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

B-Sides as far as Knight profs go I'm p sure magick has the edge on having fairly skilled & eclectic people actually able/available to help you improve using the profession itself. I can't think offhand of anyone super awesome in AM or Demonic (other than Caelya(?)) who use Knight on the reg. I also don't really pay attention, but at the same time I can think of 3 RGs just right this second who are upper-crust fighters and this doesn't count you. I think your the biggest obstacle for picking up a new profession and getting good with it might be the availability of other people to work with you and that would be a big consideration if I were making this choice. 

Edit: And I'm obviously biased, but I understand wanting to win & definitely wouldn't blame you for keeping your own game fun btw. jsyk im not trying to throw shade or anything. You actually like are an asset to any circle and rn magick is glad to have you, obvsznly. 
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • edited March 2017
    I'd definitely, definitely like to keep Theo.  I feel like magick is by far the closest thing to a credible threat to AM at the moment, and the game really needs that (or AM absolutely WILL end up AFK-ing endlessly at their generator again until people slowly ride off into the sunset), and Theo is a key component there.  But people leave factions all the time and you really can't stop them, it just is.
  • CyrCyr
    edited March 2017
    There are 2 people (@Septus and @Dyun) that are exceptionally good knights in AM, I'm not going to count myself because I'm largely too lazy to bother to improve, but I have a reasonably solid grasp of the fundamentals as well. However if you're going to play a Knight, I'd stick runeguard. It's easily the most powerful knight currently. As a sidenote Strength stat artifact translates well into a number of professions so I wouldn't worry about that. If for whatever reason you don't like knight very much, I'd tend to recommend Druid or Summoner. They require much less affliction tracking and are tanky and threatening. Personally I'd lean towards druid if it was me, Druid has a large amount of potential that is mostly unused right now. 
  • @Cyr ^ That. Unused  potential.  I've  been  talking about  it in  regards to Druid a lot lately. I've considered going Druid myself, but both  my laziness and pride won't let me atm.
  • Right now, I have an Orb of Suppression.  At some point in the future when I can afford to do so,  I'd like to upgrade it to the thing that lets you pick and choose what inventory things to show.

If I extract the artifact power from the orb, and place it in something else (I like to keep my inventory neat, ok?) am I still able to upgrade the artifact power?
  • Yeah it should be no problem, as long as the artifact power is purchasable. I'm not sure what the upgrade is on the orb - but it's 

ARTIFACT POWER UPGRADE skirt WITH no_description_2 <confirm>

or something like that. 
  • I guess what I was unsure about is if the artifact power system makes any sort of distinction between "power we nicked from an actual artifact" and "proper power thing we bought through the artifact power system"
  • Septus said:

Magick:

artifacted bard* if we're going to talk about balance and all that.
  • This isn't even a contest. There is literally no team composition an outrider isn't good in.

Magick:
    One v one: Renegade, honourable mention to rg.
    Teams: druid.

Demonic:
    One v one: defiler, (artied) summoner if defiler wasn't a timebomb, assassin if no arties for summoner.
    Teams: Summoner

Neutral:
    One v one: shaman.
    Teams: berserker.

But Monk though.
  • Stacking outriders has an equally fast kill as stacking monks (supershatters) and generally better in terms of survivability/other synergy. Having a situationally aware  monk is definitely huge though (banish is amazing).
  • Anette said:
    I guess what I was unsure about is if the artifact power system makes any sort of distinction between "power we nicked from an actual artifact" and "proper power thing we bought through the artifact power system"
    Powers extracted from regular artifacts are treated as if they have always been a power. So if you extract the power from the orb of suppression you have a no_description power.  You can upgrade that to no_description_2 (or whatever it is called) just like you originally purchased the power rather than the artifact. 

Note that once you extract a power you can't go back to the original artifact. You must apply the power to something to use it. 
  • What would be causing a Mudlet profile to not save on exit? Or not load on opening the app?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited March 2017
    I had to create a new profile recently, and copypasted everything into it. I've had some trouble with the mapper, though. I loaded my most recent map (so I have access to my room marks etc) and downloaded the imperian map, yet every time i log on, I have to MAP LOAD to get it to recognize my stored information. It doesn't recognize any areas at all. My group parse looks like this when its supposed to sort by area wut do i do

Groups:
    ?                        (16):
      -Inside a simple tent                 (2 rms) -> Fanglor
      -Lost inside a wild-grown             (    0) -> Caelbrook, Etienne
      -Before stout wooden wall             (22792) -> Brynden
      -A disquieting alcove                 (10723) -> Rylei
      -Ancient forest                       (5 rms) -> Curran, Gawrl
      -Wastelands near a hollow             ( 9728) -> Merek
      -A pentagram-scrawled rit             (19802) -> Caelya, Elouise
      -Aryana's Spring                      ( 8463) -> Suki
      -Below belltower at Caana             (2 rms) -> Cyr, Dyron, Dyun
      -Kinsarmar Crossroads                 (13370) -> Sela, Trevk
  • Are there not any achievements for capturing leylines yet? All I see are influence achievements, even though captures are being tracked.

• Are there not any achievements for capturing leylines yet? All I see are influence achievements, even though captures are being tracked.
    No, not yet.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Were changes made to Nindzar and his beast? And if so, were they announced?

• Were changes made to Nindzar and his beast? And if so, were they announced?
    No changes have been made to the boss encounter.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited April 2017

• @Eoghan So turns out I just forgot to scale my scepter to intelligence rather than strength after going Summoner. Derp.