Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Mathiaus said:

Finally delving back into web developing. I have a great opportunity with a company that wants to hire me once I get my certificates in place.

Mathiaus is a spider, confirmed

• [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Master Fisher' Achievement! You have earned Double Experience for 9
    Hours - see ACHIEVEMENT BONUS LIST.
    You are now Transcendent rank in fishing.

B)
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I heart @Gjarrus and his basher.

So, so, so much.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited January 2017
    When that beat drops in the music you're listening to.

You can't help it, and it all just gets translated into the matrix

You sweep across the floor, leaping and twirling like a true master.

You bounce about wildly, stamping your feet to a song heard only in your head.

You thrash about wildly.
  • WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB.

• You twist your scepter in your hands and it begins to slowly alter shape, turning into Theophilus's humming
    scepter of fiery death.

• (Market): You say, "Seeking title tokens. But I don't want to pay for them. I just want you to give them to me."
    (Market): Theophilus says, "Selling title tokens-- nothing in life is free."
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "I've gotten eight free title tokens."
    An overwhelming feeling of life and peace fills your being as Theophilus tells you, "Glad to hear it."
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "How many do you have?"
    An overwhelming feeling of life and peace fills your being as Theophilus tells you, "55."
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "Do you have the title token achievement?"
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "I feel like that's something you'd do."
    An overwhelming feeling of life and peace fills your being as Theophilus tells you, "I do not. How many do you need to do it? 100?"
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "Yeah, 100."
    (Market): Theophilus says, "Buying all title tokens at 1 credit each."
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "Hello."
    An overwhelming feeling of life and peace fills your being as Theophilus tells you, "You're right.. What was I thinking."
    An overwhelming feeling of life and peace fills your being as Theophilus tells you, "How many do you have?"
    You tell Theophilus Aracelia, the Amateur Arel, "Five."
    An overwhelming feeling of life and peace fills your being as Theophilus tells you, "Okay, I'll buy them."
    Theophilus has transferred 5 credits to you.

This cracked me up so hard, not gunna lie.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Beggars can't be choosers, but they can definitely be winners.
  • The amount of kills happening today
  • "Also killing a mob raid target should now call assassins on the killer."

-mission accomplished.-

• Oh, let me just sit down at the roulette wheel and try to get that achievement for landing on a number...
    You bet 2500 sovereigns on 18, eliciting a wry grin and a wink from Soofsire, the gambler.
    382h, 290m (18.63%)
    Soofsire, the gambler says, "No more bets!" and gives the wheel a good spin. The ball begins to
    smoothly spin around the wheel.
    382h, 290m (18.63%)
    The ball starts to bounce around wildly on the wheel, giving you no idea where it will stop.
    382h, 290m (18.63%)
    The ball finally settles down on 18 (red).
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Lucky Duckling' Achievement! You have earned 1000 Gold.
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You are 4 points from earning the 'Spin Doctor' achievement.
    Soofsire, the gambler exclaims to you, "We have a winner! You've won 87500 gold!" Soofsire, the
    gambler returns the stakes for your winning bets, and hands you your winnings.
    Literally my first attempt. Then, to top it off, I check my SCORE...
    You have earned 174 Achievement Points.
    You are ranked 777th in Achievements.
  • I heart Imperian-- the game itself and every single one of you.

Happy Valentine's Day.

• I <3 making my first ever affliction tracker.

• edited February 2017
    Going to echo @Theophilus sentiments here and say I heart Imperian.

Perhaps because it was my first MUD, but I always feel like it will be my only MUD. When I first came back I thought the world was empty, but it turns out I wasn't making the most of it. I took the advice of another player, and decided to find my own fun.

This time around, yeah, the wheel gave me credits which allowed me new opportunities, but I had so much fun without even spending a single credit, meeting people, discovering quests, exploring areas new to me, and even fishing. Even standing around at hot spots chatting has been more fun.

I've tried Achaea, Lusternia and Aetolia, but Imperian will always be bae. You think you're missing something here, but go to the other games and you see how truly a multi-facet(haha) gem Imperian is.

You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • Ghet, the bartender says, "You'll also get to tote around this tropy for a year, and many of the
    bartenders in the lands will recognize you and give you a free drink on request."
    [Quest Complete]: You have completed the quest 'The best drinker in Aetherius'.

[...]

[ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Death By Booze' Achievement!

So much <3 right now for imperian
  • Weeb's trollish scepter of backstabbing

Seems like more got added in, but I dunno if I'll reshape ever again.
  • Wyll said:
    I've tried Achaea, Lusternia and Aetolia, but Imperian will always be bae. You think you're missing something here, but go to the other games and you see how truly a multi-facet(haha) gem Imperian is.

The toxicity level is significantly lower in the playerbase here for sure
  • Most recent tells:
    1 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) @Owyn: "..........[EVIDENCE ERASER].........."
    2 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    3 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    4 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    5 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    6 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    7 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    8 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    9 ) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    10) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    11) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    12) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    13) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    14) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    15) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    16) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    17) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    18) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    19) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "....................................."
    20) (2017/03/02 02:55) Owyn: "..........[EVIDENCE ERASED].........."

• I finally found @Theophilus irl V:
  • They even let her keep her fava beans in the cell!
  • <3@Shou for in my first month getting me pretty set up with my habits.... 
    <3 The random person who said 'You're a cool guy, here's my warhorn' before he retired...
    And mostly as of late <3@Septus for all the coding advice and taking me under his wing for pvp related things. 

I'm a Mud lurker, my life is muds..and I'm quite comfortable in my new home now
  • Barghest is best companion

A crystal entity slams against you, knocking you to the ground.
    A spectral barghest leaps before you taking some of the damage.
    A spectral barghest has taken too much damage and fades from sight.
    Damage Taken: 143 blunt (raw damage: 662)

• The Breakfast Club on a lazy Saturday morning.

Classic.

• www.lordbyng.net/inspiration/tables.php

I though this was cool. Might be useful for coming up with themes IG.

• From: http://tabletitans.com/tales/post/sometimes-a-farm-is-a-just-a-farm

I had been playing D&D for almost twenty years and decided to introduce a group of my friends to the game so we could play it together.

Being the one with the most experience, I started as the DM. The first adventures were pretty straightforward dungeon crawls that went pretty much 'on rails'. The players got their chance to show initiative, but the story was pretty much set, and if they wandered in an unwanted direction I would gently nudge them in the direction I wanted them to go.

After they reached level five or so, I decided it was time to cut them loose and let them make their own story.

A previous adventure had just finished and the party was gathered back in town. To start a classic adventure, I introduced the town bulletin board with various adventure hooks.

A Mayor that wanted to get rid of a Goblin plague, an old castle with a Ghost problem, a sighting of a young Dragon, that kind of stuff.

But to make it more 'real' I had a few common notices as well. A Farmer that needed help with his land, a Blacksmith looking for an apprentice, and someone selling fresh cakes.

I naturally assumed they wanted to find the Dragon or look for Ghosts, but being accustomed to everything having a meaning, they interpreted everything as an adventure hook. So they decided to find out what was wrong with the Farmer looking for help.

Off they went to find out what was going on on that farm. After an uneventful trip to the farm, they met Farmer Harm who was really surprised to find such well-armoured people willing to help with his land. But a helping hand is always needed on a farm, so he decided to put them to work harvesting crops, milking the cows, and picking up the chicken eggs.

All along the players were scouting the area looking for trouble, checking the Farmer on his alignment, searching for hidden doors and traps and finding absolutely nothing.

This went on for most of the session. For good measure I decided to incorporate a lone fox trying to steal some chickens, which they killed in under a minute or so.

Which of course ended up in a discussion of a nearby fox town with possible Fox People... which was never found.

So at the end of the session they earned a few coppers from Farmer Harm for their good work.

They learned a valuable lesson that day: Sometimes a farm is just a farm.