Skip to content

Clueless

Comments

• I'm coming to help, @Aenedor
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • That is indeed a symptom of epilepsy, which is cured by smoking laurel. Disloyalty is cured by smoking lovage. There are a number of "fire sources" which can be used to light pipes, but by far the most common is a tinderbox, which can be bought in the general store in any city.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • BIG SHOUT OUT! for Oystir, Theophilus, Eoghan and Raini.

Thank you all for helping a noob :smile:
  • Hey all, I am smelly and possessed.
    How do I get rid of my bad smell?
    I killed an angry spirit west of Caanae and it entered my body and a quest appeared. I could not find Marga the quest giver so abandoned the quest but am still possessed.
    Also, are there any 'tricks' to befriending animals, I have been trying spiders and frogs but they all wander away after a while.
  • I have the befriend ability from trailblazing.
  • I love you, Aenedor.

(To answer your question, you need to find a body of water, swim out into it, and then SCRUB yourself. Additionally, the stink wears off after a full day in-game, which is 1 hour.)
  • Update thanks @Sylio for scrubbing me up and showing me to Marga. Also I have a pet cat now :)
  • Aenedor greets Marga the soothsayer with a sincere smile.
    Marga the soothsayer says, "Greetings Aenedor. You have returned. Have you collected any spirits for
    me?"
    401h, 309m (42.91%)
    Aenedor says, "Yes, will you please remove them?"
    Marga the soothsayer takes a long, strangely pulsating crystal and moves it slowly in front of
    Aenedor.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Stalwart.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Audacious.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Strong.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Spirited.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Vital.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Daring.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Vibrant.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Robust.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Notable.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the quest level of Effervescent.
    You gasp with the realization that Aenedor has reached the overall level of Brilliant.
    401h, 309m (42.91%)
    You say, "Oh, wow."
  • Hi All, I need wood commodity to build an encampment. I can gather logs and other raw material. Can I convert my gathered logs into wood commodity?
  • Aenedor said:

Hi All, I need wood commodity to build an encampment. I can gather logs and other raw material. Can I convert my gathered logs into wood commodity?

Materials generated by townes must be refined by a city/council, the refining can't be done by individuals. If you have access to a city, you can go to that city's commodities shop and purchase the wood commodity.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Can I contribute raw materials to a town?
  • Raw materials are generated by townes. They're then purchased from the towne and taken to the refinery in a city for refinement. A city refinery will buy raw materials, but townes won't take them back.
  • edited February 2017
    You are already wielding a lunar shield and an electricity-tipped pinewood quarterstaff.
    You try to do something, but suddenly forget what it was.

You are afflicted with stupidity.
    That action is too complex for your poor little brain to handle, and you decide to just stare
    vacantly instead.
    You take 1 orphine seed, bringing the total to 2759.
    You quickly eat an orphine seed.
    Ahh, you feel able to reason once more.
    You have cured stupidity.
    H:610/610 M:237/310 (eb db) [100|13.61] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    You are already wielding a lunar shield and an electricity-tipped pinewood quarterstaff.(...)
    Midway up the Northreach Mountains.
    An obsidian shrine to the Sect of the Eternal Flame has been built here.
    You see exits leading northeast and west.
    You are already there.
    You are already wielding a lunar shield and an electricity-tipped pinewood quarterstaff.
    You attempt to do that, but find yourself growing weaker with no effects.(...)

Scorched earth.
    You see exits leading east, south, and west.
    H:610/610 M:191/310 (eb db) [100|13.61] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    You are already there.

I think this might be happening because I spam the shrine-xp thing in each room? But I have no idea? The messages are very vague? But what the hell? This has never happened before and if this is an affect of the Demonic affinity I am going to be so, so livid.

Edit:
    The mana-drain message fired twice off of one bashing combo. Seriously what is this?
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Oystir said:

That action is too complex for your poor little brain to handle, and you decide to just stare
    vacantly instead.
    You take 1 orphine seed, bringing the total to 2759.
    You are already wielding a lunar shield and an electricity-tipped pinewood quarterstaff.(...)
    Midway up the Northreach Mountains.
    You see exits leading northeast and west.
    You are already there.

Scorched earth.
    You see exits leading east, south, and west.
    You are already there.

I think this might be happening because I spam the shrine-xp thing in each room? But I have no idea? The messages are very vague? But what the hell? This has never happened before and if this is an affect of the Demonic affinity I am going to be so, so livid.

Edit:
    The mana-drain message fired twice off of one bashing combo. Seriously what is this?

Looks like surges to me, so maybe leyline related. Just a guess though.
  • edited February 2017
    o k c o o l
    wave areas with natural affinity nothing wrong there. It took almost 40 shards just to resist the influence of the natural affinity for 24 hours but that's effing fine.
    does magick affinity have a wave generating bashing area? realtalk.

Edit: & i mean resist. Not keep it 100% magick. Just to keep it not-demonic. -_-
  • There are very few areas with a naturally occurring affinity, and we plan to keep it low. Generally they're areas that are just incredibly thematically tied to a particular affinity. I did load a change yesterday that made surges "more common" which is to say, actually happen in all affinities, rather than only sometimes.

Surges had been acting on the old AM-vs-the-world surge system, where negative surges could happen in Antimagick areas, and positive surges elsewhere. Now, negative surges can happen in any affinity other than your own, and positive surges can happen in your own area.
  • edited February 2017
    You are again able to evoke a wisp.
    You take a drink of an elixir of mana from a golden lightning vial.
    Your mind feels rejuvenated.
    H:640/640 M:340/340 (eb db) [100|15.30] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    Before a pile of boulders.
    An obsidian shrine to the Sect of Conquest has been built here.
    You see exits leading northeast and southwest.
    You are already there.
    You suddenly cannot remember what you wanted to do as confusion overtakes you.
    You are afflicted with confusion.(...)
    You take 1 wormwood root, bringing the total to 3757.
    You quickly eat a wormwood root.
    The confusion lifts from your mind and it is clear once again.
    You have cured confusion.
    H:640/640 M:330/340 (eb db) [100|15.30] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    Below a stone overhang.
    A rune shaped like a butterfly has been sketched into the ground here. An obsidian shrine to the
    Sect of the Eternal Flame has been built here.
    You are already there.
    You suddenly cannot remember what you wanted to do as confusion overtakes you.
    You are afflicted with confusion.(...)
    You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
    The confusion lifts from your mind and it is clear once again.
    You have cured confusion.
    H:640/640 M:299/340 (eb db) [100|15.30] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    A muddy path.
    You are already there.
    Your glowing wisp lands on your exposed skin and stings you, but nothing happens.
    Winding through the mountains.
    An obsidian shrine to the Sect of Conquest has been built here.
    You see exits leading east and southwest.
    H:640/640 M:253/340 (eb db) [100|15.30] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    You are already there.
    In the mountains of Demon's Pass.
    You see exits leading north, east, west, and up.
    You are already there.
    You may eat another herb or plant.
    A dead end.
    You see a single exit leading south.
    H:640/640 M:273/340 (eb db) [100|15.30] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    You are already there.
    vacantly instead.
    H:640/640 M:219/340 (eb db) [100|15.30] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    vacantly instead.
    vacantly instead.

It is firing exclusively off of one of my spammy bash commands that is failing, and the mana drain one is going off multiple times a minute at 90% affinity (looks like stupidity is firing around every 30 seconds in response to whatever it is I'm doing that's causing it). HELP LEYLINES is unclear about what surges actually do, what fires them (??i have no idea what I'm doing that's draining my mana like this) or how often/powerful they are supposed to be but this is actually infuriating especially in a popular bashing area that naturally does this to me and also reduces my toadstool efficacy. -_-

Edit:

H:640/640 M:293/340 (eb db) [100|15.83] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    You attempt to do that, but find yourself growing weaker with no effects.
    A bolt of lightning jolts a blood-caked direwolf as you stab him with an electricity-tipped pinewood
    quarterstaff.
    Enemy Health: [|||||||---]
    You take 1 orphine seed, bringing the total to 2589.
    H:640/640 M:238/340 (e- db) [100|15.83] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]
    You are afflicted with prone.
    You are no longer mounted on a roan mustang.
    H:564/640 M:238/340 (e- pdb) [100|15.83] [Undead] [AUTO: 2 0]

I got an actual random surge message where I fell and took damage and that's chill, but this is super not chill. It's happening at least once a minute and something I am doing is actively firing it and i'm already so miserable

I'll stop posting about it now. Let me know if I should bug it or what, but now you know I am mad and what goes on so idk

Edit: Evoke Imbue/Evoke Feather
  • Nindzar brings his great horn to his lips and emits a single, harsh blast. The chain leading over the cliff's
    edge clinks ominously and a massive, decaying beast clambers over the lip, snarling viciously. Nindzar points
    at Theophilus and growls an unintelligible command as the great beast turns to face Theophilus. You must
    attack and kill the beast before it has a chance to strike at Theophilus.
    669/669 (100%) 418/418 (100%) Bl 0
    The evening sun begins to cast long shadows across the darkening land.
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    You are already wielding Theophilus's malevolent scepter of genocide and a stehl and bone wolf kite shield.
    You pick up the corpse of Nindzar the abominable.
    The colour fades from your starburst tattoo, granting you new life upon death.
    You currently walk in divine grace and may neither be harmed nor harm another. To leave this state of
    protection, you must RENOUNCE GRACE.
    You currently walk in divine grace and may neither be harmed nor harm another. To leave this state of
    You fiddle a bit with your scepter, enhancing its effect with ice.
    With startling swiftness, Nindzar the abominable is airborne, and brings the whole of his weight crashing down
    upon you with a guttural roar.
    You are afflicted with crippled right arm.
    You are afflicted with blackout.
    Damage Taken: 46 blunt (raw damage: 126)
    H:622 M:418
    Your right arm becomes functional as the bones quickly mend.
    You have cured crippled right arm.
    Quickdraw scepter shield|take nindzar|touch starburst|scepter point beast|scepter point nindzar|scepter switch
    lightning added to your EQBAL queue.
    You are already wielding Theophilus's malevolent scepter of genocide and a stehl and bone wolf kite shield.
    You cannot pick up Nindzar the abominable.
    You have no starburst.
    You fiddle a bit with your scepter, enhancing its effect with lightning.
    You may apply another salve.
    A ring of flying carries you up into the skies.
    You walk ether.
    Flying above A barren mountainside shelf.
    -- v28738 ---
    /
    /
    /
    [+]
    \
    [ ]- - - - -

-- -2:-2:1 --
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. You see a single exit leading
    northeast.
    Balance Taken: 2.00s
    You must regain balance first.
    Health Gain: 46
    H:669 M:418
    You have recovered balance.
    You walk northeast.
    Flying above Before a rift between Aetherius and a Demon Plane.
    -- v22743 ---
    \ | /
    \ | /
    \ | /
    - - -[+]- - -
    / | \
    / | \
    / | \
    --- 0:0:1 ---
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. You see exits leading north,
    northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest, down, and in.
    Quickdraw scepter shield|take nindzar|touch starburst|scepter point beast|scepter point nindzar|scepter switch
    blizzard added to your EQBAL queue.
    I see no "nindzar" to take.
    You have no starburst.
    You fiddle a bit with your scepter, enhancing its effect with blizzard.
    You walk northeast.
    Flying above A cliff side embedded with bones.
    -- v28739 ---

- - -[ ]
    \
    [+] \
    / \
    /
    /
    --- 2:2:1 ---
    A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. You see a single exit leading
    southwest.
    Your senses return to you as the blackout ends.
    You have cured blackout.
    A massive beast bursts in out of nowhere, latches its mighty jaws on your neck, and shakes you like a ragdoll
    as your world goes black.
    You have nothing that can be stored in the Rift.
    The corpse of Nindzar the abominable falls out of your inventory.
    Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily blurred in white light.
    You take 1 hyssop stem, bringing the total to 3958.
    You quickly eat some hyssop stem.
    Your sight fades and you can see no more.
    The corpse of Nindzar the abominable falls away to the ground.
    You may eat another herb or plant.
    You take 1 juniper berry, bringing the total to 2794.
    You quickly eat a juniper berry.
    Silence engulfs you as your hearing fades.
    You cry aloud your renunciation of divine grace, and leave the protection of the Divinities.
    Equilibrium Taken: 5.30s
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Working as intended. No, really!

As the message notes: "You must attack and kill the beast before it has a chance to strike at Theophilus."
  • We need a vote down or dislike button. :'(

• Seeking a list of all prof and/or passive curing messages:

5 credits for a comprehensive list.

• H:(475[106]) M:(530[100]) (ebdb) Bleed:[0] EXP: 37.06 [PVE: undead][PVP: none][AFFS:0]sing zriku llan tikal w
    You sing, "Zriku llan."
    Tikal is deaf and cannot hear you.

any reason why I can range heal when they are deaf? D: it works with them being deaf in the room.
  • Aodan said:
    range heal
    Probably for this reason. Ranged is boring; fight in room if you wanna be useful.
  • Aysari said:
    Aodan said:
    range heal
    Probably for this reason. Ranged is boring; fight in room if you wanna be useful.
    that just makes the option almost completely useless. just trim range out all together and give me a useful skill then. not to mention, I was trying to help tikal clear out a big clot of mobs without horribly dying, that shouldn't be a bad thing.

the real reason I'm here again:

ARTIFACT FRAGMENT REFORM <piece>
    - You can randomly reform a single piece into another. You can only do this once per piece. This may 
    result in a piece worth more or less, use with care.

being I apparently got a crap piece worth 10 credits, I decided luck -should- be on my side

H:(513[112]) M:(541[105]) (ebdb) Bleed:[0] EXP: 14.10 [PVE: none][PVP: none][AFFS:0]artifact fragment reform pendulum
    You attempt to reform a fragment of a crystal pendulum on a string into a different fragment, but 
    slip up and it shatters into pieces, leaving you with 10 bound credits instead.

is this intended? if so that information would have been great earlier :/ could(doubtful) possibly have sold it for more than 10.
  • Aodan said:
    Aysari said:
    Aodan said:
    range heal
    that just makes the option almost completely useless. just trim range out all together and give me a useful skill then. not to mention, I was trying to help tikal clear out a big clot of mobs without horribly dying, that shouldn't be a bad thing.

the real reason I'm here again:

ARTIFACT FRAGMENT REFORM <piece>
    - You can randomly reform a single piece into another. You can only do this once per piece. This may 
    result in a piece worth more or less, use with care.

being I apparently got a crap piece worth 10 credits, I decided luck -should- be on my side

H:(513[112]) M:(541[105]) (ebdb) Bleed:[0] EXP: 14.10 [PVE: none][PVP: none][AFFS:0]artifact fragment reform pendulum
    You attempt to reform a fragment of a crystal pendulum on a string into a different fragment, but 
    slip up and it shatters into pieces, leaving you with 10 bound credits instead.

is this intended? if so that information would have been great earlier :/ could(doubtful) possibly have sold it for more than 10.

I bugged this, maybe I should have typoed it, but I did pretty much the same thing. The help file needs to outline exactly what will happen to the fragment in question. It makes no mention of the fact that it can be destroyed. Yes you do get your tradein value from the destruction, but people should be informed of the possible outcomes so they can take a decision accordingly.

Considering that the fragments come from a $40ish(more or less) purchase. Yes, it is an added value, but I think it isn't much to ask for the help file to at the very least give correct info.
    You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • So my computer crashed yesterday morning. That's fine.
    So I can't get it working at all. That's fine.
    So I managed to use command prompt to put my entire 'mudlet' folder onto a portable hard drive.
    So I plugged it in to my backup laptop and pasted the folder over the existing one.
    So I load mudlet and I see my profile is there.
    So I try to load the profile and mudlet goes thoughtful-grey and is unresponsive until it crashes.

I have no opportunity to properly package my system or anything, but I have it all just like right here. Please help somebody tell me how to have it all ;;;

• Have you tried grabbing the profile folder (Imperian or whatever you named it), reinstalling Mudlet, and dropping in the profile to the fresh install?
  • ^  That was actually the solution, with the added caveat of installing mudlet beta instead of 3.0 ~

TY @Gjarrus and @Owyn I shall bash forever once more
  • Best PK profs per circle in 1 v 1?

Best PK profs per circle in team fights?

Best all around community with a healthy dose of interest in combat and roleplay?

• Demonic:
    1v1 - Assassin, Summoner
    Teamfights - Summoner, DK

Magick:
    1v1 - RG, Renegade?
    Teamfights - RG, Druid

AM:
    1v1 - Outrider
    Teamfights - Outrider, Templar

I think Shaman and Berserker also deserve mentions as neutral profs, as they're both really solid and have strengths both in 1v1 and team offense/support. Hunter is great, too, but might not be ideal because of its poor survivability.

I think Khandava has a fairly good mix of roleplay and combat at the moment, despite having a lower population than magick and AM. We also tend to work well together and don't often get down on each other if we lose a few times (or a lot of times). I can't speak for the other circles, as I haven't been a part of them for a long time, but I'm sure they have great communities too.