Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• This may or may not be an easy thing, but it's a good idea that came up in discussion with Icarius today:

Having more bashing areas that had some water component to them would make races like Lamiran, Selkie, and Schelkin more attractive.  Right now the one stomping ground of mine that benefits from the water-based is Khous, and it's not really end-gamey unless you include babby's first end boss, Lakhild, compared to say, Skegdald.  I'd love to see one or two bashing areas that had water themes, to make those races not so situational - or rather, the situations where they're beneficial more common.
  • A command that tries to fill empty vials with every possible elixir/salve/toxin found in vialbelts.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • The wheel has screwed up everyone's retirement value, an utterly ridiculous penalty for participating in a promo.

Mine is at negative 45,000 or so, so I'd have to buy thousands of dollars worth of credits just to retire with 50% value back.

Will this ever be changed? I think the value of currently held artifacts should be divided by half if someone is in the negative as far as retire value.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • It just means you will retire at 60.
  • Jeremy has posted before that your retirement value is not screwed up, it just reads weird. If you ever seriously want to retire or find out your actual value, you can contact him.

• Thanks for letting me now. Hopefully it's a sensible value.

• Ethereal Mirrors should copy statpacks for us poor sobs who want to test out something not squishily intelligent. x.x and didn't pick change as their aspect .-.
  • More 'demon' mobs for achievement to kill demons.

• A command that tries to fill empty vials with every possible elixir/salve/toxin found in vialbelts.
    This is something we're going to keep players doing themselves, sorry. While we're definitely all for making quality-of-life improvements, we don't want to dumb everything down, so to speak.

Anette said:
    This may or may not be an easy thing, but it's a good idea that came up in discussion with Icarius today:

Having more bashing areas that had some water component to them would make races like Lamiran, Selkie, and Schelkin more attractive.  Right now the one stomping ground of mine that benefits from the water-based is Khous, and it's not really end-gamey unless you include babby's first end boss, Lakhild, compared to say, Skegdald.  I'd love to see one or two bashing areas that had water themes, to make those races not so situational - or rather, the situations where they're beneficial more common.
    We'll keep this in mind when and if we start developing new bashing areas. For the most part our building efforts are focused on renewing existing areas - there are a large number of areas in the game that are dated now, so refreshing those is a higher priority than creating new areas, right now.

Aodan said:
    Ethereal Mirrors should copy statpacks for us poor sobs who want to test out something not squishily intelligent. x.x and didn't pick change as their aspect .-.
    Mirrors are already incredibly valuable in a variety of situations. We probably aren't going to add additional functionality to them.

More 'demon' mobs for achievement to kill demons.
    Adding additional demon mobs or areas would be going back on one of the biggest events to happen in Imperian! We aren't going to be rolling back the reduction in demons caused at the conclusion of the Fourth Age event. That achievement will just have to continue being rarer!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited March 2017
    @Eoghan

Switching up the mobs in UW Khandava and Stavenn to be demons wouldn't really alter the new theme of Imperian.. I mean.. it is the Underworld, after all-- remnants of the past.

• @Eoghan

Switching up the mobs in UW Khandava and Stavenn to be demons wouldn't really alter the new theme of Imperian.. I mean.. it is the Underworld, after all-- remnants of the past.
    The Underworld is a reflection of the Physical Realm, not a mirror to the past! Demons come from the Demon Realm and are trapped there; they can't leave the Demon Realm except through extraordinary means (summoning by mortals), and even that is limited in the Fourth Age; whether they are entering the Physical Realm or the Spiritual Realm is immaterial.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Anette said:
    This may or may not be an easy thing, but it's a good idea that came up in discussion with Icarius today:

We'll keep this in mind when and if we start developing new bashing areas. For the most part our building efforts are focused on renewing existing areas - there are a large number of areas in the game that are dated now, so refreshing those is a higher priority than creating new areas, right now.

Flood an existing area then ;)

• DruuDruu The Garden
    Anette said:

Flood an existing area then ;)

Okay! Time to flood an area with some lava. Lets do this!

In all seriousness, the next time I personally revamp an area, I think it probably is about time to incorporate some more water into the game. Good idea! Will remember and incorporate. Thanks!
    "One batch, two batch. Penny and dime."
  • edited March 2017
    How hard would it be to add an alias to the temporary artifacts from the wraith lords/etc?

This is me being a bit fussy with my inventory, but it would be nice if there was a way to single out "here be yer temporary artifacts" in my inventory.

PS: Whoever keeps dropping those in Antioch, ilu

[edit]: Put this in an IDEA report (#62545)
  • Can we add "troll" to scepter attunement? We have orc and ogre..

• Anette said:
    How hard would it be to add an alias to the temporary artifacts from the wraith lords/etc?

This is me being a bit fussy with my inventory, but it would be nice if there was a way to single out "here be yer temporary artifacts" in my inventory.

PS: Whoever keeps dropping those in Antioch, ilu

[edit]: Put this in an IDEA report (#62545)
    As noted in the resolution, this would unfortunately be fairly difficult because of how the artifacts and boss drops are handled. It isn't impossible, so we can add it as an idea for the future, but it won't be in the near-term.
  • edited March 2017
    A command that tries to fill empty vials with every possible elixir/salve/toxin found in vialbelts.
    A simple trick to this, I've found. there are some shops in Caanae that actually have everything (in from path track for example) trigger the 'you refill health' message to refill EVERYTHING you want refilled. Since health is likely to be the most consumed item in your vialbelt, this ensures a full fill. You can probably streamline this better than I could, but this is the easiest (and spammiest) way I've come up with doing it.....since Eoghan said no. 

@Anette  The temp arti's are from me and my crew....yw :tongue:
  • I lied. There were basically two ways to implement it, one that is specific, and one that is generic. The generic route was a lot less work, but means that it applies to ANY artifact that also decays.

Since the odds of us having something other than boss drops that is an artifact, AND decays, AND that we wouldn't want that name to work for... I went ahead and did it that way.

You can now use TEMPARTI or TEMPARTIFACT to interact with any item that is both an artifact and decaying.
  • edited March 2017
    Eoghan said:
    I lied. There were basically two ways to implement it, one that is specific, and one that is generic. The generic route was a lot less work, but means that it applies to ANY artifact that also decays.

Since the odds of us having something other than boss drops that is an artifact, AND decays, AND that we wouldn't want that name to work for... I went ahead and did it that way.

You can now use TEMPARTI or TEMPARTIFACT to interact with any item that is both an artifact and decaying.
    I love you

[edit]: @fanglor if youre ever looking for extra people to do the wraiths, I haven't gotten a run of those since Khizan retired, I'd be game if I'm around and not doing something already :D 
  • edited March 2017
    After understanding what @Theophilus  is asking....@Eoghan can we get an asterisk next to tapped potions in vialbelt as a middle ground, perhaps?

Example with Frost/Immunity/Mana being tapped

**********************************[ Elixirs ]**********************************
    Slot                           Sips  Slot                           Sips 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frost*                         3000  health                         2250
    immunity*                       3000  levitation                     3000
    mana*                           2900  speed                          3000
    venom                          3000
    *******************************************************************************
    **********************************[ Salves ]***********************************
    caloric                        2950  epidermal                      3000
    mass                           3000  mending                        2300
    restoration                    2950
    **********************************[ Toxins ]***********************************
    arsenic                        3000  avidya                         3000
    benzedrine                     3000  benzene                        3000
    bromine                        3000  butisol                        3000
    ciguatoxin                     2900  hemotoxin                      3000
    iodine                         3000  mercury                        3000
    metrazol                       3000  strychnine                     3000
    xeroderma                      3000
  • You can code something like...

(\w)(.+)(\d)(.+)(\w)(.+)(\d)

if refill then send("vialbelt tap empty "..matches[2]") end

(code might be wrong.. I'm tired)

I think the problem is it negates the need to buy arti vials if it's so easy to replenish vials that decay. Easy code to fix it means less money spent on credits for vials that won't decay/need to be refilled.

• edited March 2017
    You can code something like...

(\w)(.+)(\d)(.+)(\w)(.+)(\d)

if refill then send("vialbelt tap empty "..matches[2]") end

(code might be wrong.. I'm tired)

I think the problem is it negates the need to buy arti vials if it's so easy to replenish vials that decay. Easy code to fix it means less money spent on credits for vials that won't decay/need to be refilled.

Well...don't tell them that GAWSH. 

Secondly I actually find this solution more useful for newbies. I recently had quite a handful of friends transfer over and something we're used to is the proposed link system. Which is used elsewhere as well even in conjuction with arti vials. But if they don't know what's tapped, and they 'vialbelt tap empty health' for example, they could do it a couple times and not realize they've done it since as a nublet they have no real way of knowing what's what without sitting there and going through their actual vials
  • You can view what is already in vials using the ELIXLIST skill. I don't really want to confuse things by only conditionally showing the asterisks (which would confuse things when non-newbies were describing things to newbies).

If it's in a vial, it's tapped - that's how it works. Vialbelts don't keep track of what vial you tap something into. They just automatically fill ANY vial that empties (provided the fluid is in the vialbelt).
  • I just hate getting the 60 messages saying my vials decayed and then having to sit and type:

vialbelt tap empty atropine, vialbelt tap empty arsenic, blah blah blah. And hope I don't mistype and have to go back to figure out what I missed. I could code something easily, but they only decay every couple of months or so, so I always tell myself it's not a big deal.

VIALBELT TAP EMPTY ALL that refills empty vials with all possible fluids would be cool is all I was saying.

• I just hate getting the 60 messages saying my vials decayed and then having to sit and type:

vialbelt tap empty atropine, vialbelt tap empty arsenic, blah blah blah. And hope I don't mistype and have to go back to figure out what I missed. I could code something easily, but they only decay every couple of months or so, so I always tell myself it's not a big deal.

VIALBELT TAP EMPTY ALL that refills empty vials with all possible fluids would be cool is all I was saying.
    Depending on how the code works, something like VIALBELT TAP EMPTY [list of fluids] might work better, so if you go VIALBELT TAP EMPTY HEALTH MANA it would use the first "empty" match for health, the second for mana.  And so forth if you listed several.  Just as a possible alternative to Theo's suggestion if it's not easily workable, though I'd be plenty okay with that too.
  • Good idea, @Anette.

• vialTappScandal = function()

list = {"health","mana","frost","immunity","venom","speed","levitation","mass","mending","restoration","epidermal","caloric", "bromine", "ciguatoxin", "metrazol", "mercury", "atropine", "xeroderma", "aconite", "hemotoxin", "avidya","strychnine", "arsenic", "butisol", "ether", "botulinum", "digitalis", "lindane", "oxalis", "benzene","benzedrine", "mazanor", "calotropis", "luminal", "ketamine", "actinium", "iodine", "noctec", "mebaral","chloroform", "aspartame", "oxycodone", "veratrum", "formaldehyde", "psilocybin", "cyanide", "opium", "sulfonal","vitriol", "chiltran", "narcal", "ditran"}

str = ""

for i=1,#list do str = str.."vialbelt tap empty "..list[i].."|" end

send(str)

end

• edited March 2017
    Oxycodone...? hahahahaha @Gjarrus

Edit: I didn't realize that was an actual toxin. Whoops.

• Gotta break those channels :<
  • We're getting derailed here. Let's stay on topic, please.