Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• You trade them in via the PROMO TRADEIN syntax, not the artifact syntax. They have a tradein value of 1.
  • Achievements for influencing leylines.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Achievements for activity.

Hours played or RL days as character or # of games. Especially if geared towards the kids with a little lesson/bound credit prize for logging on 3 times or playing for 5 hours or something ~
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • It would be really interesting to base an area around this new affinity mechanic. Like different mob spawns and/or quests off of who controls the area
  • I agree with @Sumie . I think there is a lot of potential in this new system. As it stands now, though, it's a bit mundane. Not meant to sound ungrateful... I am really appreciative of the work that went into this.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • it is not mundane it is super messing with my bashing
  • Team bloodbaths.

• Notifications when you earn yourself a new qhonours, if possible.

• Not quite an idea, but a question: is there a behind the scenes effort to remove/modify instances in the help files where Stavenn is mentioned? For instance, HELP PROFESSION LIST. I didn't want to start TYPO'ing them if a Celani was already going to be making changes like that, but I certainly can help identify them.
  • Sylio said:

Not quite an idea, but a question: is there a behind the scenes effort to remove/modify instances in the help files where Stavenn is mentioned? For instance, HELP PROFESSION LIST. I didn't want to start TYPO'ing them if a Celani was already going to be making changes like that, but I certainly can help identify them.

Typo away! We're going to be approaching them case-by-case but it's possible we'll miss something, so extra eyes doesn't hurt.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • We've been waiting on admin approval for a guild merger for a while now. I'm not sure how the best way to contact admin about things is l8tly so I'm posting here now. Hoping one of you sees this and gets into contact? Plz/Thx
  • The appropriate channel for that is to message Jeremy or email support at Imperian dot com.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Okay. Rei and I have both messaged him, just wasn't sure if there was something else I could do. I know he's super busy lately. E-mail on its way, thank you Eoghan ~
  • Could we get the ability to filter the RAID OBJECTIVES output by objective type and/or city? RAID OBJECTIVES STANDARD, RAID OBJECTIVES ANTIOCH, RAID OBJECTIVES KINSARMAR STATUE etc.
  • Raid the fridge.
  • Yellow and green shards are exceptionally rare. Any chance their occurrences could be upped?

• Everyone is going to shard falls now.. To influence a leyline from 100% affinity to just above neutral in the other direction takes like 50 shards (the amount one person might collect at a shard fall). I think that leylines should require less shards to influence.

• It's more like 45 total for 0-100% affinity from all the ones I've done. ~40 if you divide my influences by captures, but I've had some easy caps.
  • I influenced a 100% demonic leyline the just above neutral in the direction of magick and it took like 50 shards. Then Caelya comes and spends like 5-6 shards to get it back to demonic, and then I had to use literally 30 more shards to swing it back the other way to magick. Something there isn't right.

• Since caravans are non-existent, can we get rid of all the guard spam on CT?
  • Or make caravans viable (and hopefully soloable).

• Another thing: I was reading the designing HELP GUIDELINES and one of them is really... I dunno... passive aggressive.

1. PROOFREAD. On occasion, approvers will overlook minor errors out of the kindness of their hearts,
    but should you consistently submit sloppy work, you will find anything and everything rejected on
    the smallest of discrepancies.
    Proper spelling, punctuation and grammar are integral in order to
    maintain the quality of Imperian, and this goes just as much for mortals as it does for anyone else.

This implies the approvers see who is submitting stuff. If that's the case, that's super bad and should change, because people can be really petty. If it's not the case, the HELP thing should be changed to be less mean-sounding.
  • edited February 2017
    @Zerin, that whole snippet is off putting and quite frankly unprofessional. Also, every design should be treated on its own and who submitted should absolutely not matter.

You say, "Oh crap."
    You say, "My bottle is empty."
    Jeremy raises an eyebrow questioningly.
    Jeremy slaps you on the cheek.
  • edited February 2017
    Crafting stuff is all anonymous, even other people in the craft guild don't know who each other are to avoid exactly this kind of thing. I do see the insinuation that there is quality control for an individual that is an escalating and monitored process, but in practice it is not. The Crafting Gods of all the IREs I've approved for have been pretty consistent about minor mistakes/inappropriate approving (too lax/too stringent) but it is the approvers who are held accountable. The 'nitpicky' standard is the expected standard on the whole and you have recourse to comment on the design or contact Alend if you find anything excessive or in error, she's never taken more than a day or two to get back to me.

Also, we tested out the caravans when Dec first made post-prismatic updates but we a decently sized group of us were completely flattened. He changed a few things (I assume mob strength and a bug about aggro misbehaving), but I haven't personally done any caravans since then, so I can safely assume nobody else has either.
  • I influenced a 100% demonic leyline the just above neutral in the direction of magick and it took like 50 shards. Then Caelya comes and spends like 5-6 shards to get it back to demonic, and then I had to use literally 30 more shards to swing it back the other way to magick. Something there isn't right.

Think of leyline influencing as a tug of war. It's harder to move the knot in the rope when it's all the way on your opponent's side, but easier for them to keep on their side. When you start from 0%, you can get to 33% pretty easily, but then it's a hard slog through to the other side. Once you're past it, though, it's much easier. From my experience, it's about 53 shards from 0 to 100, though there's other factors at play like neutral leylines that I think make it harder/easier? Either way, it's an amazing way to burn shards and encourage shardfall participation. There is an OP influencing arti floating around on the site spins somewhere, if you want to take a gamble and hate slogging through, but it's just the way the system works, and it's a good system.

• Yellow and green shards are exceptionally rare. Any chance their occurrences could be upped?

These are intentionally exceptionally rare, because they're also quite powerful.

Everyone is going to shard falls now.. To influence a leyline from 100% affinity to just above neutral in the other direction takes like 50 shards (the amount one person might collect at a shard fall). I think that leylines should require less shards to influence.

"Everyone is going to shard falls now" sounds like a win to me! Leylines are supposed to be ephemeral (what I mean by that is that they're supposed to change hands easily), but they aren't supposed to be completely trivial. We wanted to strike a balance. They changed hands quite a bit initially, but they have admittedly slowed down since. We'll assess the cost, but no promises that it will change.
    Zerin said:

Another thing: I was reading the designing HELP GUIDELINES and one of them is really... I dunno... passive aggressive.

1. PROOFREAD. On occasion, approvers will overlook minor errors out of the kindness of their hearts,
    but should you consistently submit sloppy work, you will find anything and everything rejected on
    the smallest of discrepancies.
    Proper spelling, punctuation and grammar are integral in order to
    maintain the quality of Imperian, and this goes just as much for mortals as it does for anyone else.

This implies the approvers see who is submitting stuff. If that's the case, that's super bad and should change, because people can be really petty. If it's not the case, the HELP thing should be changed to be less mean-sounding.

As others have noted, the design process is completely anonymous to other players. Gods are able to see the particulars about a design (who submitted it, who has rejected it, etc), but players will never see other player names during the design approval process.

I've removed that entire sentence from the help file because it wasn't really beneficial to getting the point across.
  • From @Caelya - "it's an amazing way to burn shards and encourage shardfall participation"

From @Eoghan - "they have admittedly slowed down since"

This is the reason they have slowed down. When 8 people are fighting over 50 shards three times a day, why would I burn through 50 shards to influence one leyline with no apparent reward other than achievements? Especially when there are other shard skills to use? I am glad we have more combat and more activity in shardfalls, but I just think it would be nice if all of the shards we harvest in one day (which is like 10 for me, and I am a decent combatant) don't go toward a system that seems to provide little to no benefit. Granted I don't have to use them for leylines, and I don't. But I would like to. I dunno.. I see what you guys are saying I guess. I am still left wanting a little something more. I'm just not sure what.

• edited February 2017
    ^ I didn't intend to sound overly critical of anyone or the system itself, if it came across that way. I am appreciative of the system in place--it certainly did encourage activity and shard usage. I guess it isn't helpful that I'm asking for improvement and providing zero solutions other than increase shards or decrease cost of leylines or make leylines worth the shards invested..

• Unfortunately I've had obligations away from Imperian that have kept me from finishing up some of the surge changes I have planned. I'm hoping that those changes will get a bit more investment in leylines. Among other things, they include additional positive surges and toning down the detrimental surges a bit.