Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Oh boy... Aysari, that is not the point. We've had "fun fights" with AM too. But if they had added another top tier, artifacted team leader to their side (you know, one of those guys that are maybe 3-5 total in a game like this if you're lucky, which we are not currently), it would have been shitty, okay? And it would have been all the more irritating because I shipped my supremely artifacted (although not leader-y) butt off to magick to help break up AM, which was a ridiculously powerful faction, in the first place - and we ALL agreed that our faction needed to be broken up a bit. But it sounds like they're not going to do that with Juran (and that is good). God damn...

EDIT: the counterpoint to telling entire factions to "get gud" when you've sucked up most of the artifacts/talent/experience (which resulted in us standing at the generator a lot) is "spread the good around a bit if you want fights". Some caveats there for sure (and some good reasons why factions lose or don't get PK-ers) but that's basically how it is.
  • Nothing stopping any of you from being a good leader. Food for thought.
  • Yes yes, and if we all eat our vegetables we can grow up to be Septus. On it.
  • Septus isn't an unkillable god. No denying he's good, but it's certainly possible to beat him 1v1.

More food for thought.
  • Finishing a hunt and seeing the pile of corpses I left behind...

There are 502 corpses of a two-headed hydra whelp here. There are 505 corpses of a beguiling white cobra here. There are 477 corpses of a honey and gold amphithere here. There are 479 corpses of an antlered yellow serpent here. There are 490 corpses of a honey-eyed desert asp here. There are 522 corpses of a sinuous red lindworm here.
  • The front of Anette's house looked like a warzone and I placed like 9th or something.
  • Shou said:

Finishing a hunt and seeing the pile of corpses I left behind...

There are 502 corpses of a two-headed hydra whelp here. There are 505 corpses of a beguiling white cobra here. There are 477 corpses of a honey and gold amphithere here. There are 479 corpses of an antlered yellow serpent here. There are 490 corpses of a honey-eyed desert asp here. There are 522 corpses of a sinuous red lindworm here.

The belief of the Sect of Conquest stands at 99%.

Back to work! You've had your break.
  • Septus said:

All those corpses were only about 3,460,000 belief!
  • Shou said:

Septus said:

All those corpses were only about 3,460,000 belief!
    I have faith in you.
  • Shou kind of uh, gave a lot of corpses to me (thanks Shou, I have all my sect rituals now except the last ones I can't decide on). Also, we uh, might have built a Flame shrine with some of them. So basically, Shou was busy aiding the enemy. Sry.
  • It's so we have more people to go to war with later! *evil laugh*
  • I hear Septus is itching for a shrine war.
  • So I got an email today

• edited October 2016
    That you can wear the little doodad from the Great Hunt: Halloween Sibling Rivalry Edition. Noph's figurine has a cool ambience message and messages for when it's worn and removed.
  • edited October 2016
    [464] Persisting two Warchants no longer incurs a balance penalty

:open_mouth: ..Time to fumble around adding this into my Berserker deffing list. x.x
  • @jeremy and the crew have had a fairly thankless job doing a lot of the changes they've made lately. It's appreciated.
  • edited October 2016
    Can you make a single post that isn't passive-aggressive? I don't think you can. You can't even thank people without transparently throwing one of your "off-topic/disagree" button fits (oh, the irony of you complaining about Gjarrus hitting you with a few "off-topics") and running to "thank" admin while taking a swipe at how "thankless" those other heathens are.

Tell you what, maybe thank admin out of the blue one day for something great they did (and hey, it does happen, or some of us wouldn't be so invested in the game in the first place) without tossing something like "thankless" in and people might buy it as genuine.
  • #turdtrolling
  • edited October 2016
    Kiskan said:

Can you make a single post that isn't passive-aggressive? I don't think you can. You can't even thank people without transparently throwing one of your "off-topic/disagree" button fits (oh, the irony of you complaining about Gjarrus hitting you with a few "off-topics") and running to "thank" admin while taking a swipe at how "thankless" those other heathens are.

I'm not going to have this fight but at the same time it's the point of why I go out to thank the admin, frankly, yes, you're right. They have certain people relentlessly at their throats over changes that haven't even been discussed yet, let alone implemented, and the allegations that they "don't care" or do things without the playerbase's knowledge are frankly absurd. Especially given the recent session of classleads with quite positive changes all around I think (though a couple might need a look at).

But I mean, if you want some specific examples:

I say something like the stuff in the Scepters thread and Jeremy took a look within a very reasonable time and made adjustments to it based on my and others' feedback in that thread within a day or two.

The obelisk/raid system changes they've discussed thusfar are mostly coming from ideas that were in that large thread, which itself comes from general complaint threads about the state of PVP in the game right now (or it's lack of a state more than anything)

Elokia et al, lest you forget, have been running a ton of games all month for our benefit including a bunch of custom goodies, some of which aren't stuff they can just pop into the game overnight.

And that's not to mention the changes to Skegdald that Druu I think it was responsible for or the title token system Hexe seems to have worked on. Or the player run event now that no doubt had some help from the admin, that raffle.

I'm not saying "don't criticise the admin" - in fact, several of the changes that have occurred with the game that have made me happier with it has been a direct result of them taking my feedback into consideration (fancy that, it makes me happy when the admin implement things I suggest to them, whoda thunk?) so as to suggest that they're not receptive to feedback is silly to me.

Jeremy, Garryn, Elokia, and the company of celani/entities/volunteers/whatever we want to call them now, work their asses off to try to make this game enjoyable for as many people as they can. Given that the forums has been, at best, a bit of trial by fire of us debating rigourously their various ideas (in particular those couple of threads of Jeremy's, or my rant about the Great Hunt in I Hate), I feel it would be remiss of me not to acknowledge their efforts.

Simply put: I wouldn't be here complaining about things I dislike about the game or debating ideas that the admin put forward for improvement if I didn't enjoy Imperian.
  • A button fit sounds like the most adorable thing ever.
  • edited October 2016
    Gjarrus said:

A button fit sounds like the most adorable thing ever.

Maybe it's what happens when you put on the Fairy costume when you're on the forums!
  • I heart devices that come with built in time delayed self destruct sequences.
  • I totally snuck into Khandava to give it a couple tries before it disappeared.
  • I got an artifact pack from my phylactery from iron elite this month <3
  • i heart getting my hospital release day settled on the 19th.
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • edited December 2016
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Finally delving back into web developing. I have a great opportunity with a company that wants to hire me once I get my certificates in place.