Skip to content

Diabolist revamp

13»

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    More or less the fact that it much like defiler where it doesn't have much control with hinders but rather large burst potential.
    So, quick idea to resolve this Repetition issue I'm having with the symbol.

1. Make repetition simply reapply the last damage rune used on the target, but it doesn't fade after one use. Instead, it simply locks in whichever symbol was used and repeats it until a new one is used (if not Moon).
    (Example: Lightning is used, then repetition. Repetition used from now on will be that repeated lightning. Then, I choose to unleash my Moon symbol, then repetition. Repetition will only once use moon for that instance, but then will reset to be empty and must have a new symbol locked into it.)

2. If repetition follows a damage symbol, and regardless of that damage symbol previously doing damage (let's say numbness was used and I hit it), repetition tries to replicate that intended symbol used before it regardless because it's attempting to copy the move itself, not the damage.

Hopefully you can also figure out why it's simply not working half the time for no apparent reason.
    I'm posting this here too for others input as well.

I've been enjoying finding out ways to make new diabolist work. It certainly has its ups and downs, but it also has a potential to be a decent class.

One aspect I would like to touch on is the lack of control the class has. The damage is mostly ok, but the momentum compared to the speed of other classes is wanting, especially since the payout isn't nearly close to being a finisher. Because of this, instead of changing skills to hinder the target, I would like to request changes that boost the curing and defense of the class a bit more.

1. Make shadowgate on ethereal cost 1 charge again please. There's no reason for it be 3 at this point.

2. Change glowing wraith's charging to when sensitivity is placed on the target via the sensitivity symbol. If the target already has sensitivity, the charge still counts as long as parameters were met.

3. Allow the diabolist to control at least 5-6 wraiths instead of 4. The wraiths themselves take a while to charge as it is, and most of their abilities are one and done. You already have a wraith cool down as well, where the diabolist can't spam wraith attack after wraith attack.

4. Either boost the number of times the Wall Symbol can be hit before disappearing from movement or reduce the cooldown on its use. Half the time the target leaves through it after I've used it before I even get my balance back.

5. Reduce the Bark symbol to 2-3 minutes for the cooldown instead of 5.

6. Change the Sun symbol to be a per target cooldown use instead of being a static user cooldown. I request this because diabolist was advocated to be a group aiding class, and it seems strange to have Sun be that way it is.

7. Have extra charges on wraiths reset the wraith's 'pop' timer if the wraith is already maxed. This is more or less for Ethereal, so when it's at 5 charges, it'll simply stay around instead of popping and disappearing over and over.

8. Regarding bodylink/mindlink. I have a few options for changing these.

a) Allow the caster to see what affliction is placed from using the symbol. I'd also like to add here that claustrophobia and agoraphobia both seem detrimental to holding a target in the preferred room. Could we have them removed from mind link please?

b) Long shot, but allow the caster to choose which affliction to use from the symbol. Maybe increase balance recovery if used this way?

c) Take away the inversion heals. Then, replace bodylink and mindlink to be solely defense moves. Bodylink would cure the caster of one random physical affliction and mindlink would do its thing with mentals. They would not be usable at the same time, as that would be quite vexing for the target, but I would like them still comboable with other symbols.

I am hopeful some of these requests will be considered before classleads.
  • Hey guys,

looking at doing some post-release tweaks to diabolists before the upcoming classlead round. How are things looking like these days? Mathiaus has posted some things above, are these still valid? Does anyone else have issues or concerns regarding the profession?

Not really looking at any major changes here, mostly smaller tweaks - we can do further ones in the classlead round itself, if needed.
    Honestly, all I really want from this before classleads is to be able to use all my wraiths, or at least settle for 5-6 at a time for now.
  • There were several points made in the Beta threads that seemed valid to me but never really got acknowledged. Not sure if y'all purge those posts entirely or just hide them, but you could look back through those. Many of the people who took part in the Beta and had constructive feedback are no longer playing Imperian, so you're probably not going to get much insight except from the one active Diab I'm aware of(Mathiaus), and it really does take more than a single perspective to really get a good idea how a class is working.
  • Wraith party at @Mathiaus' house
  • What's the thing where they can transfix you almost immediately (and why don't they use it more often)? I can dig up the log, but it was almost instantaneous. That said, I've only seen it once so far, which is odd.
  • edited October 2016
    usually transfix eq is long enough that you lose all offensive momentum going for it, also you have to get unblind first so smart prio'ing between blind and aff herb can make your transfix attempt longer before you can successfully transfix (enough time to die to l3 axes).

magick has two ways of giving tranfix without sacrificing much offense though so i suggest you use them
    fifth elephant - terry pratchett
  • Right, I have a transfix (I will get there), but Math used something against me the other day, at the beginning of a fight, which meant I was extra screwed, but I am not sure what it was (or why I haven't seen it again). It was def a transfix.
  • put the log up and i can also look at the ab
  • edited October 2016
    AB RITUALISM SPIDER

Edit: comboable transfix, aeon effect that doesn't require an aff stack, high elemental damage from a type for which the mitigation aff doesn't actually exist, plz buff
  • edited October 2016
    iirc correctly, you can't trace two of the same thing in one balance, unless trace spider spider is the exception, you should have enough time to put up blindness.
  • Well. I did figure out why it worked just that once... I am not so concerned about it now >.> However, here is the log :(

Mathiaus sketches the symbol of the spider in the air and a glowing web spins rapidly around you,
    curing your blindness
    You have lost the blind defence.
    Zenigra closes his eyes and turns towards you with a look of utter concentration. You feel a sudden
    heat overcome you and your skin reddens.
    The hovering symbol flashes and its center starts swirling slowly.
    Damage Taken: 52 fire, mental (raw damage: 76)
    You are afflicted with sunallergy.
    A sickening glow surrounds you briefly.
    Mathiaus sketches the symbol of the spider in the air and a glowing web spins rapidly around you,
    transfixing you with its fast movements.
    You are afflicted with transfixed.
    Mathiaus sketches a symbol in the air, and electricity starts crackling around you.
    The hovering symbol flashes and its center starts swirling slowly.
    Seem to be missing stuff there
  • edited October 2016
    It's more about what isn't happening (like any healing, at all). Some of us rust faster than others...

EDIT: I did chop out some spam, though - but tldr healing off, fairly positive.