Skip to content

Profession Update Coming Soon

2»

Comments

• Just a little update on this. We have decided to make some changes with Pioneering, so we are a little delayed.

• Would you say the release window is within the next week?

• What are the IG ramifications to Shamans being ported to AM? How are marks, magical bone dust, and cursing opponents with your finger not magickal? And Kinsarmar having bonecasters is hilarious....
  • edited September 2016
    Shamans will get their 'power' from nature, which we will flesh out a bit more for you soon. In short, nature absorbs diachaim through its own forces; hurricanes, death, birth, earthquakes, storms, decay, growth, etc. Shamans will be able to release this power through their skills.

Dunno how to do quotes, but that's from the original post. It's been established that AM uses pure diachaim (things like Fayth, mind powers), which is different from magick. The idea seems to be that the sort of thing new Shaman uses will be a very basic, primal form of diachaim (not distorted like magick stuff). I think it works pretty well.

• Huh, interesting.

Thanks.

Jesus how much Wytch has changed since I started is crazy.
  • I remember when Wytch still had Vodun :open_mouth: It's funny how much the profession has changed!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • Can someone update the relevant helpfiles? :)
  • Has the list of professions that will remain locked to their current circle been finalized?
  • Not entirely, we'll be monitoring this release for a while, then decide whether to proceed with more professions.
  • Right. We will probably do this again. Waiting to see how these pan out a little.

• I would be so, so, so okay with demonic bards.

• I'm just sayin' (I mean, we may not be diesel-punk, but there's something to be said for a chaotic evil/neutral bard).
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Now... I'm just throwing this out there. But chaotic neutral bards should use bagpipes/vuvuzelas/kazoos/cowbell
  • I'm picturing zithers.

But the replacement for harp should definitely be a theremin.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Dimitri said:

Now... I'm just throwing this out there. But chaotic neutral bards should use bagpipes/vuvuzelas/kazoos/cowbell

-wrong-

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
    How could I forget that one?! I'm a terrible bard. Terribard.
    Oh, i forgot the accordian!

Then i could make a bard and do this:

• Bongos and war drums.
  • I love you all
  • This thread got awesome.