Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• H:637/637 M:447/449 B:0 <eb> <db> K:0 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    Alvetta has bled to death.
    H:637/637 M:449/449 B:0 <eb> <db> K:0 R:0 D:0 F:0 

Put the deatheye power on my spectacles, worked for an arena death, did not work for bleeding to death.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Any chance of it giving roomnum?  The sort of scary stuff with room numbers, at least to me, is where giving the roomnumber likely facilitates ongoing player location tracking (and probably following).
  • Khizan said:
    H:637/637 M:447/449 B:0 <eb> <db> K:0 R:0 D:0 F:0 
    Alvetta has bled to death.
    H:637/637 M:449/449 B:0 <eb> <db> K:0 R:0 D:0 F:0 

Put the deatheye power on my spectacles, worked for an arena death, did not work for bleeding to death.
    Yeah, that's my fault, I didn't include it for deaths that weren't directly attributed to a killer. Fixed now.

Jules said:
    Any chance of it giving roomnum?  The sort of scary stuff with room numbers, at least to me, is where giving the roomnumber likely facilitates ongoing player location tracking (and probably following).
    This is deliberately excluded, we don't plan to include the room number.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • OhmOhm
    edited July 2016
    A nuptial contract - Marry without requirement of a minister able to conduct marriage
  • The extra clan slots were automatic from phylacteries but the extra landmarks were not. Would it be possible to make the clan slots a trade in-able item like the landmarks? (before use only just like the landmark item) I can join 19 now and i was already able to join 14 and only had 11.
  • SevhnSevhn Missouri USA
    High end artifact - Increased Tarot speed.  Right now it sits at 2.80 balance, 2.54 in clever.  Maybe a specialized Tarot Deck that could put this on par with other weapons that increase speed.
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited July 2016
    This is a double edged sword, and I would advise against it. Artifact weapons that increase affliction speed (which is what you're asking for) are very bad for the health of the profession because you are required to balance the class with them in mind (because affliction curing is static). This is one reason why artifact swords were normalized to a standardized attack speed, and nearly every other offensive artifact does not improve affliction speed.

If I could change anything at all about the game, I would remove artifact Dirks. They've been the worst design decision made for artifacts to date. I would not suggest trying to bring your class down that path.
    Juran said:
    This is a double edged sword, and I would advise against it. Artifact weapons that increase affliction speed (which is what you're asking for) are very bad for the health of the profession because you are required to balance the class with them in mind (because affliction curing is static). This is one reason why artifact swords were normalized to a standardized attack speed, and nearly every other offensive artifact does not improve affliction speed.

If I could change anything at all about the game, I would remove artifact Dirks. They've been the worst design decision made for artifacts to date. I would not suggest trying to bring your class down that path.

I don't want to be ahead of the class by any stretch of the imagination. I would like to see all the code that was put into Tarot be relevant.  Right now it is just unusable.  Let's get an artifact that increases tarot speed to at least get it on par with the rest.  I'm not asking for anything beyond.  Right now the only option is INT and Noctu.  (with tarot being used for universe).  An entire skillset goes dormant because gimping yourself to clever and dropping int damage and health to try to utilize it, still leaves a 2.54 second balance for your attacks...

• I think one of the biggest issues with Tarot is not the speed but the fact that Quicken (which is impatience) gives less taint to the point where if you try to stick impatience, you will always result in negative taint gain (when using incinerate). Tarot has a shallow affliction pool. After Justice and Emperor, you only have mentals or smoke afflictions to give. So after you stick both Justice and Numbness, you are forced to switch to Quicken as your Noctu to further use any more tarot. Focus increases the rate of cure at that point and since you can't maintain taint, your incinerate will disappear.

So next classlead I would suggest finding a way to change the amount of taint gained by Quicken when using Tarot or reworking the impatience relapse with Quicken when using Tarot.
    That and the fact Tarot balance is so slow, reaching the third affliction in your queue literally takes 15+ seconds.  That's 6 rounds of 2.54 balance (All of this mind you is after you spend 7.6 seconds to build taint (using nerveburn and counting pyradius unleash).

So we are looking at 22.84 seconds before tarot becomes interesting...

Iluv is right, the affliction pool is shallow, no one is going to be running for the hills from a Tarot Summoner.  I would just love to see an artifact that brought it closer to the realm of possible, that's all.  I think it would be fun.
  • Tarot could be used in teams if there's not big damagedealers on your side, but rather those who afflict well. Devil tarot is interesting in those cases since the damage scales from physical and mental afflictions. About afflictions: Fensrun were able to deal them rather effectively (Not like bards, diabolists, wytches or any other affliction class, but still). I've always seen tarot as a semi-support skill set for some reason.

About new artifact so this wouldn't be totally off-topic. 

Bless of Atlas - This would shorten the time that is used for atlas travel and increase the bashing damage, quest experience and mob resist a bit more. For this to work, one must have at least one atlas page attached to some of those categories. 
  • We're getting a bit off topic. If you feel the need to continue the tarot discussion, please do so in a new/different thread.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Bless of Atlas - This would shorten the time that is used for atlas travel and increase the bashing damage, quest experience and mob resist a bit more. For this to work, one must have at least one atlas page attached to some of those categories. 

At max, travel is already pretty fast - so much so that it is almost a viable combat escape skill.  Though I think tweaking the % on the other things wouldn't be a bad idea.

In spirit of July 4th, some sort of roman candle/firework (set on appropriate CD..5, 10 min) to blow a "hole" through any skill that creates artificial indoor room (canopy, campground...not sure how to work this with windstorm)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • "Please make an artifact to remove the only workable counter to Danaeus for me, thanks"

I'm going to vote with no.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited July 2016
    Flight...track...flux...there a number of things impacted by artificial/temporary indoors effect, that aren't circle-specific, in addition to danaeus, longshot, whatever fling move druids do, etc. And most skills or artifacts that temporarily change the exit, ground, or ceiling of a room already have existing artifact or non-artifact counters. Putting something like that on a slow CD to neutralize an effect isn't out of line.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • What happens when half of demonic buys said artie?
  • We do a major classlead to have mass just stop danaeus, 66% percent of the player base backs it. Demonic finds another tactic to abuse for teamfights.
    Never give up, never surrender, and if you have to die, take some of them with you.
  • Keep on topic, please. If you want an in depth discussion make a new thread.
  • Arakis said:
    The extra clan slots were automatic from phylacteries but the extra landmarks were not. Would it be possible to make the clan slots a trade in-able item like the landmarks? (before use only just like the landmark item) I can join 19 now and i was already able to join 14 and only had 11.
    I'll look at that when I get back on Monday.

• edited July 2016
    We've got two mod warnings to stay on topic in a short span of time.  The problem I have with that is, with Eldreth's suggestion for example, I definitely do not want an admin to just see his suggestion in this thread, and perhaps not realize there is a whole thread discussing the impact of that suggestion.  And even if the admin does realize that, I don't want that admin to have to dig up that thread.  Even linking via this thread isn't great.  One way or another, I want that entire conversation in one piece.  If that means moving an artifact suggestion to its own thread along with all of the discussion of it, that works.   

Most of the suggestions in this thread are non-combat related, so there is usually no need for discussion of repercussions, because there probably aren't any.  Not so when someone suggests arties that have combat implications.  In short, I don't get why the two mods are surprised that there is more discussion when someone suggests an artie that isn't purely flavor and RP.  
  • A few posts discussing a potential artifact is fine. We've stepped in because it has gone beyond that and started to spill over into other issues and wider balance considerations. This thread is a place for suggestions of artifacts. It is not a place for general balance discussions, and definitely isn't the place for sniping posts.
  • Alright, that sounds fair.  I mean, I get that if the discussion becomes long and heated enough, there is going to be some guy who is just like "I want to suggest artifact hoof glitter paint, but these jerks won't stop talking and I don't want people to miss out on the joy of hoof bling", too.  
  • what about an aspect artifact upgrade that allows tents to have more of the functionalities of housing such as addons/doors. Rooms would be interesting but I doubt it'd happen, let alone the rest of this.

Also what about token wares Chargers that never wear out? my fullplate and axe burn through so many.

And what about a fee to re-assign earrings of Gazali? Achaea has it and we're better than they are so we should has it D:

Lastly I think we need more troggle variants and an demon instance area. I know players made a choice to remove demons from the world but Instance coins aren't exactly normal part of the world!!!
  • DimitriDimitri Somewhere cold
    Vortex cannon -

Basically a souped up engineering fan. Only works in one way, on one target and bypasses mass. Winds up and when fired, blasts the target sending them as far as the chosen direction takes them.
    Basically a forced dash gun, i guess.
    I don't know how that'd go over in combat, but in terms of just for-the-lulz, i could see some entertainment value in a few people blasting each other around an area for a while.

• edited July 2016
    Arakis said:

And what about a fee to re-assign earrings of Gazali? Achaea has it and we're better than they are so we should has it D:

Please don't allow players to reassign earrings.  Sorry Arakis.  :(  Earrings are also probably one of the most hated artifacts in Achaea (unless you're the guy wearing a bunch of them), and having to breach the full pay wall every single time you get a new partner is probably a big part of why we see so few earrings (and that is a good thing).  We are of course better though.  

EDIT:  although, I remember that ours has been fairly heavily nerfed as a "lol outta here" escape tool.  I know Khizan knows.  Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if that is the case.  
  • edited July 2016
    Two suggestions here.

I am actually going to (try) to make this first one.  But lots of things that became extremely popular abilities or arties in all of the games are things that can be coded.  Over the years, I think everyone came to appreciate that non-coders love out of the box QoL things, and even coders won't mind not always having to whip something up.  

So how about a customisable list thing that allows you to specify items and desired quantities of said item, and, if you are missing that item, it tells you what you have and how many you need to reach your desired amount.  This list thing will look at your inventory, your rift, and your vialbelt.  Ideally it would also be able to look inside containers, and say "you have blah of x" with the caveat that those items are in a container.  It would also be smart enough to look at things like vials and buckets, and even remind you to put a red shard in your disruptor fork if you set it up right.  It would even be able to do stuff like look at armourlist and weaponlist and remind you to get your armour blessed, and put whatever enhancements or sigils or wriststraps on weapons and shields.  

Also, if an item is supposed to be worn, like say, artifacts, or fullplate for your Templar, and leatherarmour for your monk, it checks against your class and says "dummy, wear the right armour, or at least some armour".

Price similar to armguards?  Not quite sure to be honest.  Personally, I'd easily pay more than the "cheapie cheapie" artifacts for it, but if it pushes up too high, it is ultimately purely a luxury artifact that has no direct combat benefit (although you could argue that it might for Septus).  People have an awful lot of kit to keep track of, though, especially if they multiclass.    

Speaking of forgetting things... How about a very basic def tracker artie that just tells you what defs you are missing?  It would have default settings based on your current class and skills.  You could add things that cost mana.  Then, when you switched to monk for the first time in a long time, and completely forget you have vitality for well over a month, you won't nearly jump out of bed when you remember, as you were drifting off to sleep, thinking of Imperian, like people do (yes, I am fixing the rest of my def tracker, but again, what a great little QoL artie that I think people would buy).
  • I have vials of perpetuity, but I also really like my vials of sukhder/aryana. Allow perpetuity power to be extracted from vials of perpetuity and placed on vials of our choice? Or allow us to buy perpetuity on a vial for credits?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • An artifact that allows you to see shardfalls from indoor rooms.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    New Diabolist artifacts ideas:

1. The Ring that Rules Them All
    Allows you to control up to 5-6 wraiths at a time

2. Blackened Crown of Janus
    a. Reduces your balance time when using the Inversion symbol for changing resistances on target by 33-50%
    b. Allows you to use the Inversion symbol along with two other symbols. Only one of the two symbols can be affected by the Inversion symbol at a time
    c. Doubles the stack count for any inversed symbol used (Example, magickshield cap is 2. Instead of using it twice at the cost of 4 seconds all together, it would reach the cap of 2 within the first combo.)

3. Sunsinger's Relic
    Reduces cooldown on the Sun symbol

4. Werewolve's Eye
    Produces higher percentages gained to symbols used towards the Moon symbol per combo.

5. Body and Mind's Third Eye
    Allows you to see which afflictions you give through bodylink and mindlink

6. Eye of Nygashgar
    Increases the threshold of Catharsis from the total sum of 80 to 100

7. Reigns of the Demonic Ouroboros
    Allows you to train your ouroboros with gallop, swim, and dash

(Big fan of #4 and #1)
  • 1 2 and 5 should be inherent and not artifacts.