Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• We should probably make the map not show up on glance and squint. It can be super spammy. Maybe a map config or something for that.

• Personally, I'd favour the former.
    Aryana's Spring. 8463 would also work, as it minimises irrelevant symbols.
  • For the ranger and other classes who use attacks with a syntax like "qjab target limb toxins", could "nothing" be recognized as a limb and make the attack be untargetted?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Septus said:
    Personally, I'd favour the former.
    Okay. CONFIG ROOMNUM ON should work for you. Let me know is this works properly. 

• Nope, no go. Doesn't produce any output for me.
  • Whoops, forgot to make it work for mortals. Should be good now.

• While you're in that section of code, any chance you'd consider either removing titles from the names of players in room descriptions, adding a separator before the players list starts, separating the player name from the rest of a "is here" line by putting it in parenthesis, or adding the player names to a small list similar to exits? Reading from look is absolutely vital for dealing with some things(deliverance), yet it's a phenomenally frustrating thing to try to do because of the intense variability in what can be shown(especially since pre-suffixes are displayed).

As a separate conversation, you might eventually put some thought into including vnums with all instances of a location(who, scout, farsee). The only real argument against doing this is that there are balance implications, and while that is definitely true, I don't think most people particularly enjoy the "hide in nogba and see how long it takes for someone to find you without pet track or a tele glance ability" game.
  • As a veil owner, I'd like my allies to just be able to PATH TRACK JULES, even if they are not veil owners.  It seems like them not being able to do so is a relic/holdover, and as things stand, it's a downside to the veil that seems to be purely a coding/workaround issue, rather than anything about "balance".  I just want any old dude I just allied for the day to be able to track to me quickly and easily.
  • Baasche said:
    While you're in that section of code, any chance you'd consider either removing titles from the names of players in room descriptions, adding a separator before the players list starts, separating the player name from the rest of a "is here" line by putting it in parenthesis, or adding the player names to a small list similar to exits? Reading from look is absolutely vital for dealing with some things(deliverance), yet it's a phenomenally frustrating thing to try to do because of the intense variability in what can be shown(especially since pre-suffixes are displayed).

You could just use the WHO HERE command for the list of players in the room (although that doesn't help you with the identification of whose got glowy eyes).
  • @Ultrix I'm aware of WHO HERE and gmcp.Room.Players, but neither of these are options when using glance, squint, mind glance, pet glance, doppleganger look, seer's eye. My current dopple look trigger setup involves attempting COMBAT FOCUS on every capitalized word in a "<x> is here." line to determine which words are actually player names. Making it less complicated to do that would be great.
  • edited June 2016
    For nearly anything else, you can easily make something to say "hey buddy, bad thing is happening, and that matches[2] guy is the culprit, that monster".  You can even do that with all of the other Deliverance messages.  But if you are trying to grab a name when Deliverance is already up, those suffixes and prefixes are a gigantic coding barrier :(  Unless it is Septus.  You can make a simple thing just for him, and poor Septus will never get a Deliverance kill again until the day monk sails off into the sunset (is that dangerous to say?  Probably?).  Or, the day he becomes Ser Darth Septus, Plague Doctor & Whisperer.  Or puts on his mask maybe.  But all kidding aside, is any other "attack" buried in a bunch of title spam?  

EDIT:  Less comfortable with hastening/perfecting this seeming trend towards ongoing/constantly updated automated player movement tracking :/  But I honestly don't know if it's worse to have a few players doing it because they have the coding ability, or nearly everyone doing it.  
  • Baasche said:
    While you're in that section of code, any chance you'd consider either removing titles from the names of players in room descriptions, adding a separator before the players list starts, separating the player name from the rest of a "is here" line by putting it in parenthesis, or adding the player names to a small list similar to exits? Reading from look is absolutely vital for dealing with some things(deliverance), yet it's a phenomenally frustrating thing to try to do because of the intense variability in what can be shown(especially since pre-suffixes are displayed).

As a separate conversation, you might eventually put some thought into including vnums with all instances of a location(who, scout, farsee). The only real argument against doing this is that there are balance implications, and while that is definitely true, I don't think most people particularly enjoy the "hide in nogba and see how long it takes for someone to find you without pet track or a tele glance ability" game.
    I would consider a config that hides the prefix and suffix, but the rest is not really something I want to do. I have some end of the month stuff I am working on now, and event planning. So maybe after that?

As for the vnums for who, scout, etc. Not going to do that.

• A config to hide the prefix and suffixes would eliminate the lion's share of the annoying part of triggering it. Love it.
  • Okay, wish granted this morning. You can now CONFIG HIDETITLES ON. This will hide the prefixes and suffixes of players in room descriptions. 

• @khizan I have done the change with QJAB and you can see how it works in AB WARDING QUICKJAB.

I assume you wanted some other skills to work like that, but I have a million other things I am trying to finish, so if you post them I will see if I can get around to it.

• edited June 2016

Jeremy said:
    Septus said:
    Okay. CONFIG ROOMNUM ON should work for you. Let me know is this works properly. 
    Thanks! Could you make the default color something brighter (or is there a way to change the color along with room_titles)? It is a pretty dark shade for my monitor.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • edited July 2016
    Hidetitles appears to be a little problematic with dopplegangers ATM.

See: image
  • Septus said:

Real heros need no title. The name suffices.

Tell that to GRRM.
  • You're not a real hero if you get offed in like 5 pages from introduction.
  • Eldreth said:

Jeremy said:
    Septus said:
    Thanks! Could you make the default color something brighter (or is there a way to change the color along with room_titles)? It is a pretty dark shade for my monitor.
    I'll change it to the room brief desc color later today.

• Baasche said:
    Hidetitles appears to be a little problematic with dopplegangers ATM.

See: image
    Fixed. I think.

• Ohm said:
    When refilling vialbelts a generic message is thrown out

You pay 30 gold to add 150 sips to your vialbelt.

Can this be made more descriptive 

You pay 30 gold to add 150 sips OF <ELIXIR/ SALVE> to your vialbelt
    Done. Will load later today.

• If possible, it would be nice if we could have a function added for a sort of Credit History (and maybe a Token one?) That shows your last 5-10 credit purchases or transfers, unlikely but even nicer would be one cataloging your last artifact purchases, and one for your last buying/selling/transferring of unbound credits. I get the feeling this one is a little too complex to expect but it'd be nice none the less.
  • A set of miniatures for the plagues. Perhaps even the little shade and tobias since they were involved. I'm sure most people would be happy trying to collect them all. I for one would be quite happy with Mr pebbles. a.k.a. the bloodwyrm.
    Never give up, never surrender, and if you have to die, take some of them with you.
  • Can the various CITY CREDITS commands be done from anywhere in the world, instead of being restricted to the cityleader office? 

I'm doing a credit sale in Antioch and it's sort of awful having to go to the office every time somebody buys any.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• We'd like to keep things like account access (banks, coffers, ministries, credits) thematically tied to the council room. We recognize it's a minor inconvenience, but not one we want to remove. Sorry!
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Arakis said:
    If possible, it would be nice if we could have a function added for a sort of Credit History (and maybe a Token one?) That shows your last 5-10 credit purchases or transfers, unlikely but even nicer would be one cataloging your last artifact purchases, and one for your last buying/selling/transferring of unbound credits. I get the feeling this one is a little too complex to expect but it'd be nice none the less.
    We have talked about doing this a few times before at the IRE level, but decided not to.

• Sadey said:
    A set of miniatures for the plagues. Perhaps even the little shade and tobias since they were involved. I'm sure most people would be happy trying to collect them all. I for one would be quite happy with Mr pebbles. a.k.a. the bloodwyrm.
    Yeah. We will probably do a set of dolls for them at some point.

• Why credits?

I can understand banks but credits are inherently a metagamey kind of issue and it is really stupidly irritating to have to traipse back to the council room every time somebody buys credits.