Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• This was mentioned ages back by @Khizan somewhere, but give us some sort of super org for each circle that contains that circle's city and council. The leadership would be loosely based off of current council members/org heads of the city and council that compose this super org, or something could be figured out, I don't know.

I just like the concept because it would give a much greater sense of community to an entire circle if they have a stronger bond than just a random clan that's really only mostly used for shardfalls.

• Why not just merge ct's?
  • Make the clan have a stronger bond instead of having some sort of 'The High Council of Magick' that the admins have to craft up for you. That's what clans are for.
  • The organizations really don't have more than a generator and common classes between them.

I prefer the measure of autonomy that Antioch and Ithaqua have from each other. We work together when it suits us, and we do our own thing otherwise. Our unique identities and the potential conflicts that can exist because of those identities make the game far more interesting than if we had one all powerful lord ruler of antimagick to run the show.
  • If it hasn't already, an addition to accepting clan invitations syntax that would allow the invite to persist after other actions would be handy. Rings already have this with RING ACCEPT, don't know about cults but generally all of them could do with this.
    Not major, but it can be a pain especially when the person inviting is semi afk and just invites and then apparently idles again. :/
  • Also the ability to invite people even if they're offline, so you don't have to time your online time with others. Good for those who play at odd times.
  • Being able to message clan invites would be nice.
  • edited January 2013
    A few things for rings, and obviously none of them are necessary, but they might make things a little nicer.

First, I've noticed that it doesn't show when a person is RTOFF when you do RINGWHO/RGWHO. So if that could be added in a similar fashion to how it's done in CLANWHO, that would be great.

The other thing I'd been thinking about for a while has two possibilites: One, make the first person to start inviting people into the ring the 'ringleader', and allow them a few basic privileges, notably to kick other people out of the ring or to mute someone who's being unruly or horribly screwing up their system and spamming the ring. The second one is iffy, but it would be nice if you weren't forced to quit along with the seven+ other people in the ring to form a new one for the sake of one bad person. Maybe this isn't that big of a problem for other people, I don't know.

The other possibility for the above 'kicking' and 'muting' things is giving everyone in the ring a vote, similar to how council members in a city support a particular person for a position. Majority would rule in that case.

Again, these aren't at all necessary, and I can see how the kicking and muting might get out of hand, but I thought it might be worth mentioning these ideas anyway.

• edited January 2013
    It double posted. Sorry!
  • All I see from a ring leader in a ring is mIRC chats is the great /boot command.

I support this, if only for shenanigans. (Looking at you, @Fahrer)
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    if you include being able to slap them with a trout
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited January 2013
    Nm, NSFW.
  • Make phylacteries a permanent purchase. I like gambling with them, damnit. Some of us hate knowing exactly what we'll get for our money!
  • If it's possible, adding an autocuring section to gmcp would be excellent. This section could contain cure-related information already available to the player, such as cure balances, but it would also contain another table that tells you what cures are currently in the autocuring queue and at what position. I think such an addition would make building a curing system and implementing it with autocuring much easier.
  • From @Garryn, GMCP is reserved for things that are updated often as to not overload the system and create unwanted lag. It's paraphrased, and it may be reversed(I don't think so though) from what he said. It's been awhile since I've asked him about adding something to GMCP, but his reasoning as to why not was something along those lines. Maybe he can come clear it up better than I can :(

• Add an interface on the website to interact with/view your submitted bugs. Lately, I get a lot of messages about them but can't check which bug it actually was while at work.

Other option: include the entire big contents in all bug messages (categorization, completion, deletion)
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I'm not sure if double-posting is a no-no on this thread, but I just had another idea I'd really like to see implemented somehow: condensed quest turn-in spam. We're already able to get rid of vermin with a tight little paragraph and a single SELL VERMIN TO <mob>, why not GIVE/SELL SERPENTS TO JALIN?

If it's for some reason not possible to dump corpses other than vermin all at once, then could there be a sort of 'silencer' for consecutive 'gives'? For example, I have 50 corpses, I give one to Bob, Bob says, "Thanks, Caelya!" and it shows me giving that one corpse to Bob. Then there's a thirty-second or so window where every other 'give' command that I enter is gagged, at the very least for bystanders. This would reduce the irritating but currently unavoidable spam when turning in corpses to mobs that are often placed in very public, well-trafficked areas, and null and void once and for all that age-old 'RP' of 'LOLCOVERYOEYES'.

• A sort of 'milestone' tip would be really nice, especially for newer players that aren't sure where to go for quests. Example: You hit circle 30. You get a message from Imperian saying something along the lines of

"Congratulations on reaching circle 30! I hear there's a kobold village to the west of the Heartlands. Maybe they could use your help?"

Some guild scrolls are very good at covering where to go at so and so level, but others could use updates. Regardless, very few actually point out potential quest areas and at what levels they are recommended.
  • A 'crits' command that shows your true crit percent and distribution would be helpful. Not necessary, but it would save me having to update yet another tracking script every time I buy a new class.

• edited January 2013
    For another reference for how valuable they are, beyond their gold drops/quest, here is an list of the top 4 corpses for belief value I've observed to date:

2158 --- Rafe, the Blademaster
    2041 --- Axemaster Balan
    2030 --- Thurgan, Aetherian Explorer
    1738 --- the Ocean Abomination, Yasyolon
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Not to mention Rafe/Balan is pretty much the most accessible place for predators to get a decent pvp non artifact sitara.

• Lionas said:
    On the subject of owned artifacts - let me combine effects from multiple artifacts onto one item.
    Just throwing this out there again.  Please do this.  Let me put artifact properties on whatever item I choose. :(

• Allow city leaders the ability to craft cardboard cut-outs of themselves that come with three prepared phrases.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I've seen a lot of newbies lately who have horrible statpack/class combos, brought on by choosing a race for RP reasons during character creation. So we end up with Intelligent runeguards, Strong mages, and other such horrible choices, because the newbie chose a race with a bad default statpack. 

Either let them choose a statpack in the intro(AFTER choosing a class), or assign them a default statpack appropriate to their class, please.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Or just let newbies change their statpack infinite times until level XYZ, like in Aetolia. It lets them actually get a feel for which one they like best.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • they do get to change levels an infinite amount of times until 21

• edited January 2013
    The problem is - with tasks granting experience (quite a bit of it at such a low level) it takes almost no time to get to level 21.

I got to 21 just completing basic novice requirements and hunting 3/4 of Aradia. The newbies don't have the chance to take in all the information they need, so unless someone grabs them and makes sure to get them to change their statpack, they quickly out level it and have to use the one free reincarnation they get.

This is why I mentioned before about raising the 'newbie' level.

Having a statpack assigned based on profession rather then race in the intro would also help this.
  • Oh, I agree that being able to choose in the intro would definitely be better, and seriously thought about editing my post to reflect how quickly 21 comes up on the new players. I was just saying that the mechanic is there.