Skip to content

AFK Automation: Harmful to Imperian?

2»

Comments

• Juran said:
    Gurn said:
    It's tedious making an autobasher. Parsing all that information takes hours, and testing it takes hours. I'd say each area I make takes me probably the better part of a week because it's so boring.
    I created my entire autobasher from scratch in 25 minutes.

Including area parsing and pathing? If so, then you are a much better coder than I.
  • My autobasher consists of:

You carefully check the surrounding area, searching for any signs of your prey, discovering that you will have to go (.+) to find (.+).
    send("walk "..matches[2])

You walk (.+).
    send("kill "..target)

It took me about 5 minutes, even if it is a bit slower.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    If they're worried about gold generation, why not create a threshold for gold income for the imperian month?

Example: You still have people you sell your creatures to, but you only get so much gold per imperian month from giving them corpses. You then either reduce the amount of gold you get from killing a mob or remove it all together, forcing people to either bash what they need and move onto other things, or actually focus more on the hundreds of quests you have around Imperian for income.

I like that you've implemented the artifact upgrade tokens, since you technically have to have the artifact in the first place in order to upgrade it. So, by allowing us to get those tokens through other means allows other fighters who are afraid of the big arti monsters to have a chance of hope knowing if they save up enough, they can join the higher tiers without have to dish out thousands of dollars doing so.

I can imagine you love your promotions and the slight bursts of money you get from them, but the reason why restaurants and the tobacco company and other things have so much money is because they hook their customers and have them repeat smaller purchases over time instead of investing large portions occasionally.

It's easier for someone to be like, "Hey, I'll spend 10-15 bucks this week getting something," instead of "well, I'll save and drop 500 dollars to get the artifact I wanted." 
  • I'm probably the only person I know who bashes as much as I do without one.  But even I have some automation.  The way I have it set up is it'll keep hitting stuff when the basher is enabled until everything that matches the current target in the room is dead, but I still have to do the first hit and I still have to move manually and set targets.
  • edited April 2016
    Pretty much this.  I don't "true" autobash, but I bet I could without anyone knowing.  I mean, I have a module in my client that will send me an SMS to my phone whenever someone sends me a tell, and it's trivial for me to add code that would allow me to SMS back and have the contents of the SMS sent as a tell...
    Gurn said:

You can try all you want to stop me from autobashing, but I can implement so many checks and alarms and "I'm really here seriously guys" things that you will never, ever be able to stop me from autobashing. 

• I think if you just made one normal mob in an area unkillable, you would figure out who the autobashers are pretty quick. Don't give him a special name or anything, just a regular mob that patrols about. Anyone at their PC will figure it out pretty quick.Plus watching someone sit there and try and kill a mob for an hour would be hilarious.
  • Veratyr said:
    I think if you just made one normal mob in an area unkillable, you would figure out who the autobashers are pretty quick. Don't give him a special name or anything, just a regular mob that patrols about. Anyone at their PC will figure it out pretty quick.Plus watching someone sit there and try and kill a mob for an hour would be hilarious.
    One of my favorite things right when I came back used to be using the Earthquake ritual to block off paths and then watch people just stand there not moving for five minutes.
  • Juran said:
    Veratyr said:
    I think if you just made one normal mob in an area unkillable, you would figure out who the autobashers are pretty quick. Don't give him a special name or anything, just a regular mob that patrols about. Anyone at their PC will figure it out pretty quick.Plus watching someone sit there and try and kill a mob for an hour would be hilarious.
    One of my favorite things right when I came back used to be using the Earthquake ritual to block off paths and then watch people just stand there not moving for five minutes.
    But then you get a hopeless blonde like me who'll sit there for five minutes repeately typing "sw" and wondering why its not working :P
  • Veratyr said:
    This would be trivial to bypass via triggers once you knew that it existed, though, just like pretty much any other anti-autobashing mechanism. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    Veratyr said:
    This would be trivial to bypass via triggers once you knew that it existed, though, just like pretty much any other anti-autobashing mechanism. 
    It would be kind of hilarious to watch the people that get caught by it though >.>
  • Khizan said:
    Veratyr said:

Ya know, I'm still waiting for someone to create a system so bad ass that it will basically play the game for them. Like, it responds to people that try and talk to it with emotes, spaced out so it seems like someone is typing. It offers to take others bashing with it, and goes bashing at random times. It'll check its vialbelt to make sure it has enough health sips, and go by more if it needs it. I got a feeling you could make a pretty damn believable AI bot if you had the scripting know how.

• I don't really want to be remembered as the person who wrote SHODAN, though
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Veratyr I had two scripts, one that would emote random messages based off my class and location (was tweaking it to do emotes based off season as well) and the second script would read off pre-written RP scripts so I could effortlessly repeat "rituals".
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • @iniar I was thinking more along the lines of something that would use keywords and select a response from a list, and have whatever it says be vague enough to apply to a wide range of topics. Worst comes to worst, people just think your a rambling nutjob or something.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    That is entirely possible. :3
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I know it is! But damned if I have the skill to do it.