Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Khizan said:

So, could something please be done about the knight artifact problem?

Specifically, the problem where knights who buy an L1 battleaxe/longsword don't get the bashing increase that any other profession would get from their artifact weapon and knights who buy an L1 broadsword don't get the PvP benefits that any other profession would get from their artifact weapon. This is ridiculous. Knights are the only profession that has to choose to buy a specific bashing damage artifact.

Here's what I'd do. Stat broadswords identically to battleaxes and make them able to reave/stance. Then bring battleaxe, longsword, and scimitar bashing DPS up to broadsword levels. Now all the weapons with full Weaponmastery support will be equal as bashing weapons and people will be able to choose their choice of PvP weapon and gain bashing effectiveness from it just like Predators and Defilers and Wardens and Berserkers and Priests and Druids and all the collar classes and so forth.

That way also involves no balance changes whatsoever. The only downside is that you may have to do refunds for people who have both broadswords and battleaxes.

It sure was nice for them I'm sure that I spent twice over the credits getting both an artifact broadsword and longsword, I'm sure.
  • Can Fayth's Heresy just be a permanent defense now? It won't wear off mid-combat anymore, since aggressive actions keep it up, so it's not like it's a balance issue or anything. It's just frustrating having to remember it all the time.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• When using the In-game editor in Nexus, there is a change in formatting between what the editor shows and the actual composition in-game shows. This is particularly frustrating when trying to make changes to help files.

Is there a way to remedy it. 

I also pasted the text on paste-bin and it shows up correctly formatted - not sure why the formatting goes awry in-game.
  • Ohm said:
    When using the In-game editor in Nexus, there is a change in formatting between what the editor shows and the actual composition in-game shows. This is particularly frustrating when trying to make changes to help files.

Is there a way to remedy it. 

I also pasted the text on paste-bin and it shows up correctly formatted - not sure why the formatting goes awry in-game.
    This is a bit vague. Can you put together more detail (including screenshots if necessary) and email it to coders at imperian dot com?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited April 2016

@Eoghan

I tested Ohm's thing.

I am about 99.9999% sure that his problem is that the default display font on Nexus is Verdana, which is not a monospace font, and that all of his formatting problems will go away if he goes into the settings and switches the font to "Monospace (Traditional)".

The editor uses a monospace font, as does pastebin, which is why the charts display correctly there. IMO, the best 'fix' would probably be to change the default font to a monospaced font.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• My initial assumption was that it was a proportional font issue. I want to narrow it down and make sure that's the case, though!

Many things (like tables) we do force to monospace fonts before displaying them. That isn't the case with all things. I don't personally have any visibility into the help viewer or anything client-specific, but I can escalate those issues.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Khizan said:

@Eoghan

I tested Ohm's thing.

I am about 99.9999% sure that his problem is that the default display font on Nexus is Verdana, which is not a monospace font, and that all of his formatting problems will go away if he goes into the settings and switches the font to "Monospace (Traditional)".

The editor uses a monospace font, as does pastebin, which is why the charts display correctly there. IMO, the best 'fix' would probably be to change the default font to a monospaced font.

This worked! Thanks @khizan
  • Great!

There are specific reasons that the design team chose a proportional-width font as the default. I have a few ideas to fix this specific problem, but the actual design of the client is above my paygrade. I'll pass the overall suggestion up the chain.
  • On the topic of the HTML5 web client, I'll randomly get the mouse over tooltips for health and mana to 'stick' using Chrome. They don't go away until I reload the client. 
  • Juran said:
    On the topic of the HTML5 web client, I'll randomly get the mouse over tooltips for health and mana to 'stick' using Chrome. They don't go away until I reload the client. 

I reported this a while back in another thread.
    Ohm said:
    Sometimes tool-tip for equilibrium/ health/ mana sometimes get permanently stuck. This often means you lose visibility to the most recent event on the screen. 

Often means I end up restarting the session in another window.

• Would it be possible to add the clay flower-pot and birdcage (post-office) to TOKEN WARES? Both are purely vanity and as such would fit the current token wares selection. 
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    edited April 2016
    Due to the way shopbars work, items sold in them look like they do below when using SHELF <#> DESIGNS:

Designs sold in Craftshelf #310007
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #       Des #   Appearance                    Commodities
    331290  0       a keg                         fruitliqueur 2 grainspirit 2 fruit 1
    323769  0       a keg                         fruitliqueur 2 herballiqueur 1

Is it possible to get this adjusted so that it actually displays what is for sale in the keg? I will note that pricing things mentions the name:

H:500(401) M:554(477) B:0 <eb db> [T:NONE]  (v13798)price 323769 50
    You set a refill of a neon blue drink garnished with lemon (Demon's Flight) to sell for 50 gold sovereigns. Total in stock: 1.

So does the shop itself.

-------------------------[ Cocktails and Fine Liquor ]-------------------------
              keg331290: a refill of a dark brown liquid containi     40     50gp
              keg323769: a refill of a neon blue drink garnished      38     50gp

-----------------------------[ Engineering Goods ]-----------------------------
  • Salik said:
    Due to the way shopbars work, items sold in them look like they do below when using SHELF <#> DESIGNS:

Designs sold in Craftshelf #310007
    #       Des #   Appearance                    Commodities
    331290  0       a keg                         fruitliqueur 2 grainspirit 2 fruit 1
    323769  0       a keg                         fruitliqueur 2 herballiqueur 1

Is it possible to get this adjusted so that it actually displays what is for sale in the keg? I will note that pricing things mentions the name:

H:500(401) M:554(477) B:0 <eb db> [T:NONE]  (v13798)price 323769 50
    You set a refill of a neon blue drink garnished with lemon (Demon's Flight) to sell for 50 gold sovereigns. Total in stock: 1.

So does the shop itself.

-------------------------[ Cocktails and Fine Liquor ]-------------------------
              keg331290: a refill of a dark brown liquid containi     40     50gp
              keg323769: a refill of a neon blue drink garnished      38     50gp

-----------------------------[ Engineering Goods ]-----------------------------
    Wow, this was a weird one.

It turns out that kegs were supposed to have a reference to the design they contained, but it was never set, making their appearance default to that of the keg itself. I've fixed the underlying bug, and assigned the correct design reference to all existing kegs. This means that both the Design column and the Appearance column should now have sane values.
  • SalikSalik Da Burgh
    Eoghan - <3

Thank you so much.
  • edited April 2016
    [ ] Cold Wind Moans 20     Slay 2000 instance undead. (2000 needed)                        
    [ ] Ugly And Dead   20     Slay 2000 instance goblins. (1990 needed)                
    [ ] Storm The Fort  20     Slay 2000 instance orcs or ogres. (2000 needed) 

It takes 37 tokens to buy enough portal coins for each of these achievements. 111 tokens. At 20 credits each, that's 2,220 credits to complete three achievements.

I'm not sure what I would suggest to change this. I just thought it was kinda ridiculous is all. Maybe increase the number of mobs per coin? Or lower the mobs needed to complete the achievement (1000?). Let portal coins not be consumable, but they can only be used once per IG month?
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Then I'm wandering around the confusing, unmapped area looking for the chest:

You walk east.
    A disheveled shaman's hut.
    This room has not been mapped.
    You see exits leading southwest, west, northwest, and down.

You walk down.
    Amidst rolling hills.
    Filling the firmament is a lattice of heavy grey clouds. An obsidian shrine to the Sect of the Wild Hunt has 
    been built here. A plump orangutan happily turns cartwheels here.
    You see exits leading northeast and northwest.

Only after I leave the area do I read in the file that this exits the area. A different way to leave would be pretty handy. I know for next time, but at the expense of my coin.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • edited April 2016
    [ ] Cold Wind Moans 20     Slay 2000 instance undead. (2000 needed)                        
    [ ] Ugly And Dead   20     Slay 2000 instance goblins. (1990 needed)                
    [ ] Storm The Fort  20     Slay 2000 instance orcs or ogres. (2000 needed) 

It takes 37 tokens to buy enough portal coins for each of these achievements. 111 tokens. At 20 credits each, that's 2,220 credits to complete three achievements.

I'm not sure what I would suggest to change this. I just thought it was kinda ridiculous is all. Maybe increase the number of mobs per coin? Or lower the mobs needed to complete the achievement (1000?). Let portal coins not be consumable, but they can only be used once per IG month?
    Personally, I'd make it so the token only has a chance to be consumed every time it's used, or perhaps that you have some sort of chance to get it back within the actual instance if you do something that requires you to be Really Good TM.

But that's just my idea.

[edit]: Could the defences readout for the 24 hour experience bonus from the wheel be modified to show how much time remains in some fashion? (report 60994)
  • Anette said:
    [edit]: Could the defences readout for the 24 hour experience bonus from the wheel be modified to show how much time remains in some fashion? (report 60994)
    Unfortunately, because of the length that they're active, they currently have to be stored differently than other time defences, and there isn't a clean way to report the time remaining.
  • A graveyard surrounding a well.
    Snowflakes float down around you, colouring the world white. You see exits leading north, southeast, southwest,
     and northwest.
    669/669 (100%) 384/386 (99%) Bl 0 
    Stand|tipslash Undead added to your EQBAL queue.
    You detect nothing here by that name.
    You detect nothing here by that name.
    Kill Undead added to your EQBAL queue.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    Stalk Undead added to your EQBAL queue.
    You carefully check the surrounding area, searching for any signs of your prey, discovering that you will have 
    to go southwest to find a wailing banshee.
    Equilibrium Taken: 1.20s
    Southwest added to your EQBAL queue.
    You have regained your mental equilibrium.
    You walk southwest.
    A memorial to the fallen warriors.
    Snowflakes float down around you, colouring the world white. A grimy wooden chest stands here.
    You see exits leading northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, and northwest.
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    Nothing can be seen here by that name.
    Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.
    You carefully check the surrounding area, searching for any signs of your prey, discovering that you will have 
    to go northwest to find a wailing banshee.
    Northwest added to your EQBAL queue.
    669/669 (100%) 381/386 (98%) Bl 0 
    You walk northwest.
    A crypt hidden in the shadows.
    Snowflakes float down around you, colouring the world white. You see exits leading east, southeast, southwest, 
    west, and down.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    to go down to find a wailing banshee.
    Down added to your EQBAL queue.
    You walk down.
    A clearing in the Renfrewshire Swamp.
    --- v9952 ---

| 
         [+]
          | 
         [ ]-[ ]
            \ | 
    -- -1:6:0 ---
    Snowflakes float down around you, colouring the world white. A runic stone monolith is embedded in the ground. 
    An obsidian shrine to the Sect of Conquest has been built here. A polka-dotted llama prances about merrily 
    here.
    You see exits leading north and south.

Can portal coins be their own area so I don't stalk out of it. I know for next time, but again, at the expense of my coin.

• edited April 2016

Just a friendly neighbourhood crosspost.  I liked the changes to the other tokens as this was a pretty decent and easy little QOL thing, but free item tokens didn't get the love with those recent changes.

Idea #61012                   Reporter(s): Anette
    Priority: Ideas

Reported by Anette at 2016/04/14 05:18:
    In keeping with the other token changes of late it would be nice if the Free Item Token had it's
        own handle (perhaps "itemtoken") as well as responding to "token"

[Edit]: Only noticed the grammar error in the report posting it here. Oh well >.>;

• Allow wheel mounts to be tradeable at 10 credits per.

Right now there are more mounts than players.

• Last check I had 181, and have given away a fair amount since then but I am sure I am still at roughly 150...
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Please make the medal of accomplishment beckonable. :( Septus still has mine.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Please make the medal of accomplishment beckonable. :( Septus still has mine.
    Yours is fixed.

• Can we get a confirmation message before we transmogrify for relics? The syntax isn't very intuitive when trying to see point costs. 

• In the Game Message Reader on the website

Can there be a 'select all' button to select all messages on a particular page. 

Sometimes you come back to 10 million decay messages which you want to delete all together.
  • In client you could just MSG DELETE IMPERIAN to delete all your system messages from the game in one go. Is it something you'd need to do on the website?
  • Show townes still needed to complete the Globetrotter achievement.

• Juran said:
    In client you could just MSG DELETE IMPERIAN to delete all your system messages from the game in one go. Is it something you'd need to do on the website?

Sometimes there are other Imperian messages you want to keep though.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • We have had some requests to update some of the message and news functions on the website. We are working on a website update/overhaul that may include some of this, but it is still a few months from being completed.

So yes, we are working on some of this, but it will be a while.