Skip to content

New to Imperian, not to IRE

With the retirement thing going on, I thought I'd finally give another game other than Achaea a fair go. But before I killed another 73 millipedes in the newbie quests, I wanted to ask some questions about what gameplay is like. I've enjoyed the introduction so far as it's netted me a ton of gold, and I appreciated that my character's city and profession were taken into account to start me off. 

So far I've gathered that Antioch is the big PK center of the world, what's it like outside that? If the other councils/cities aren't as PK focused how is conflict driven? 

I've started off in Kinsarmar, because Spectres sounded cool. But there's very little information that I could find on class skills and whatnot on the website. How is the city for RP? I know that Curran was friendly and getting me answers to my newbie questions.

What are the vibes of the other cities and councils?

And any other tips you might have for an Achaean switching over would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Oh, and are there any races to avoid with certain factions/cities?
  • Honestly, conflict in the non-Antioch organizations is basically driven by Antioch picking on them. Generally speaking, the big problem the non-Antioch organizations are having right now is a lack of solid combat leadership. Antioch's always trying to start fights. We're always willing to take the antagonist's role in events. Want to raid another city and pick a fight? Go for it, we're not afraid of counterraids; we look forward to them. So, of course, most of the fighters moved here. 

And as far as the vibe of the city goes, the thing you have to understand about Antioch is that our top priority is having fun. When "That would be awfully fun..." runs into "... but it's against our RP" the RP goes directly out the window without regrets or hesitation. If we have an RP cause anymore, it's "complete self-interest" with the caveat that we're mostly interested in killing people.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I don't think you're going to have any problems finding people to RP with in Kinsarmar. Because of current IC circumstances, you'll also have opportunities to RP directly with members of the demonic circle, and you may even find some of them milling about the city. As for help for your class, if you can't find any within your city, I'd ask to get into the joint magick-demonic ring to talk to some of the people who hold the assassin/renegade profession - they're a great resource. 

And no, there's no restrictions based on race anywhere currently.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited January 2016
    It is almost as if a little conflict spurred some cross-circle interaction! Gobsmacked.

In other news, I have also offered Celidon a treaty/understanding with Antioch, to see if we can't reconfigure old lines/commitments/alliances. If admin won't formally make this a binary system of conflict, we will. Celidon, however, as usual are the reticent bride.

On topic:

Join Wysrias' PVP clan.

Are you actually primarily interested in:
    (a) mechanics of PvP
    (b) using 'PvP' to accentuate your roleplay
    (c) winning, just because
    (d) one-on-one fighting (ha)
    (e) some, all or none of the above

Roleplay:-

No useful advice. Just don't turn into one of the hundred people who roleplay being 'awesome/badass/supercool' and then break consistency by avoiding fights. Or one of the fifteen people who claim I don't fight, and yet have probably fought less than me in the last 12 months. Or one of the fifty people who roleplay alts and conveniently jump on the side that is winning. Or, whatever! Enjoy your time here :)
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I'm willing to RP if you're in Kinsarmar when I'm around, if you need someone to run around with.

<3

• edited January 2016
    Not that I know, but I endorse that the Bards are rping daily with constant over-arcing projects and games, and most of Kinsarmar's non-pk citizens are emoting and are willing to emote. But especially the bards. (me. also me. rp with me. i'm oystir. me. me) in a way that other orgs don't have the numbers/focus for. As for combat, the only thing that will really affect your ability to be in is how much investment you personally place into any individual battle. Dying is literally a 30-60 second time-out and nothing more, so there is no reason but yourself not to keep throwing yourself repeatedly at fighting until you improve/get bored. You can learn the basics of most classes from pretty much anywhere, and as has been said, the better fighters in the game are always willing to hop in.

*toot toot*

tldr join the Bards.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."