Skip to content

Familiar Suggestions

Do you love familiars and the new familiar battle system? Do you have ideas for new familiars, or ways to revamp current familiar attack messages? Post them here! Please try to keep typos and bugs out of this thread, and use the TYPO and BUG commands in-game. Begin!

Comments

• edited August 2015
    On topic but slightly off topic, it would be great if we could get configs for the colored messages in familiar battles. When they win at the end and do their amazing flavor text, it's currently a deep red and super hard to read on my black background.

Also - do familiars have stats? Health? Damage? If so could we get some sort of 'score' output for our familiars as they're fighting? I'd love to know how much damage I'm doing or how much health I have left so I can try and make better guesses as to where to counter and such.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Adorbz.

The image of Sumie blurs, fading to a green nebula as she vanishes to the east.
    She is followed by a beguiling sylphid, a centaur foal, a clockwork knight, a cronish sankhedo, a cumbrous boneling, a despotic moloch, a downy harpy, a floating voodoo head, a fractious changeling, a fusty grumspith, a ghastly shadow, a gritty sandling, a malevolent hob, a melodious cherub, a menacing crystal war golem, a resplendent celestial, a rose-covered sapling, a sinuous peixala, a sooty sprite, a sphinx cub, a sun-kissed nymph, a tiny garden golem, a vine-snaked vantoase, a  waggish nasnas, an animated apple root, an animated elder root, an animated hawthorn root, an aphotic umbra, an aqueous nix, and an ice fae.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I didn't know that they turned the game pokemon rpg in my abscense. I vote for Jigglypuff.

• You should make all the miniature races into battle pets so I can hold midget cage fights.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• some sort of electric rodent
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • IniarIniar Australia
    with pink cheeks
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Sumie carefully sets a beguiling sylphid on the ground.
    *** Sumie has issued a battle challenge. BATTLE ACCEPT WITH <figurine> to do battle. ***
    The image of a beguiling sylphid wavers in and out of view as a soft giggle is heard from within the 
    wind. Soon, a beguiling sylphid's image becomes steady as she readies herself for the battle.

You carefully set a melodious cherub on the ground.
    a melodious cherub gives a eerie giggle as he prepares for battle, revealing a wicked looking bow 
    with sharpened arrows, poised and ready to destroy his enemies.
    Balance Taken: 2.00s

With an innocent skip and laugh, a melodious cherub runs the blade of one of his sharpened arrows 
    across a beguiling sylphid's flesh, causing her to bleed.
    a beguiling sylphid makes a swooping gesture with her hand, allowing her to disappear from sight. 
    Within a matter of moments, a beguiling sylphid returns to view behind a melodious cherub, where she 
    stabs him in the back.

a melodious cherub hovers high above a beguiling sylphid as he releases several sharpened arrows 
    into his victim's chest.
    a beguiling sylphid makes a swooping gesture with her hand, allowing her to disappear from sight. 
    Within a matter of moments, a beguiling sylphid returns to view behind a melodious cherub, where she 
    stabs him in the back.

With a light and airy giggle, a melodious cherub zooms about a beguiling sylphid's body upon his 
    clouds and shoots her several times in the back.
    A beguiling sylphid warps the air about her body, deflecting a melodious cherub's attack.

With a soft giggle, a beguiling sylphid uses the wind to knock a melodious cherub off his feet, 
    slamming his head into the ground with a "thump."

With a light and airy giggle, a melodious cherub zooms about a beguiling sylphid's body upon his 
    clouds and shoots her several times in the back.
    A beguiling sylphid warps the air about her body, deflecting a melodious cherub's attack.

stabs him in the back.
    A melodious cherub pulls his clouds about his body, deflecting all of a beguiling sylphid's hits 
    with their plump and cushioned armour.

With an innocent skip and laugh, a melodious cherub runs the blade of one of his sharpened arrows 
    With a soft giggle, a beguiling sylphid uses the wind to knock a melodious cherub off his feet, 
    slamming his head into the ground with a "thump."
    With a loud cry for help, a melodious cherub pulls himself into the air to dodge a beguiling 
    sylphid's attacks.

The once adorable face of a melodious cherub has vanished, leaving nothing but a red-eyed, crazed 
    look upon the child-like being's features. He hovers above a beguiling sylphid and offers a 
    sharpened-tooth grin before knocking an arrow onto his bow. A sweet and innocent voice escapes his 
    lips as he asks, "Any last requests?" Before his victim has a chance to respond, he releases the 
    arrow into a beguiling sylphid's eye, forcing her to fall to the ground dead.
  • Whats up with familiars I've never battled saying they have ten wins?
  • Bug it Aakrin? PLEASE? THANK YOU GOOD SIR.
  • I bugged it when the system released :)
  • Sorry. It looks like some of the familiars had some wins already set on them. Taking them off would be hard.

I am going to do an expansion on the system that will have ways for familiars to get gear, have some different stats, etc.

• I'm feeling a little déjà vu.
  • edited December 2015
    Two things.

One, the way that familiar battles are currently highlighted and the messages are worded, it can be really confusing trying to figure out who is doing what, even with the current green and yellow highlights (which I sort of find distracting).

Two, the current highlight colors, especially the death message color, is extremely difficult to read and hard on the eyes without changing the color clientside.

To address the first problem, I'd suggest highlighting the full attack message rather than the individual familiars, and just establish the colors when the challenge is being made and accepted. For example, '*in red* Caelya's vyurdrag roars a challenge', and then '*in blue* Vasharr's yeti roars something sassy'. From then on, the vyurdrag's attack messages will be red, and the yeti's will be blue.

To address the second problem, I'd suggest new config color options for challenger1, challenger2, and victorymessage (those labels subject to much better ideas).

These solutions only help people who can see the colors, obviously, but I think it's a helpful step in the right direction.

• lol a miniature lamira??
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • Oystir said:
    lol a miniature lamira??

- a miniature scorched (303225) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature wolkin (298242) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature dwarf (298185) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature cherufe (180032) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature norrjin (200704) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature norrjin (263419) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature norrjin (111254) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature muamrite (271672) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature muamrite (153158) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature akrabi (259554) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature akrabi (128085) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature akrabi (152369) is hiding in the ether
     - a miniature kohdon (259442) is hiding in the ether

• edited December 2015

1.  Tanari   : The descendents of the Caananite humans.
    2.  Norrjin  : Rugged breed of humans from the northern wastes.
    3.  Muamrite : Darkskinned desert humans.
    4.  Sylayan  : Lithe wood elves.
    5.  Sidhe    : City dwelling elves.
    6.  Akrabi   : Scorpion people from the harsh deserts.
    7.  Kohdon   : Large, powerful lizardmen.
    8.  Ssylsin  : Silent, quick race of snakemen.
    9.  Lycaean  : Quick, powerful wolfmen.
    10. Dwarf    : One time slaves to the orcs.
    11.  Lamira   : Ocean dwellers.
    12.  Xiur     : Rock-like cave dwellers.

1  - a miniature tanari
    2  - a miniature norrjin
    3  - a miniature muamrite
    4  - a miniature sylayan
    5  - a miniature sidhe
    6  - a miniature akrabi      
    7 - a miniature kohdon
    8  - a miniature ssylsin
    9  - a miniature lycaean
    10  - a miniature dwarf
    11 - a miniature xiur

that's kind of my point. Every other standard race is represented.
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • As of this moment all races except the last four released (Araeca, Evythi, Choboti, and Arothi) are represented in familiars. If the lamira is missing from the Help Familiars file, which is potentially what you are referencing, please TYPO the help file so someone may get to it in game!
  • edited December 2015
    Oystir said:

1.  Tanari   : The descendents of the Caananite humans.
    2.  Norrjin  : Rugged breed of humans from the northern wastes.
    3.  Muamrite : Darkskinned desert humans.
    4.  Sylayan  : Lithe wood elves.
    5.  Sidhe    : City dwelling elves.
    6.  Akrabi   : Scorpion people from the harsh deserts.
    7.  Kohdon   : Large, powerful lizardmen.
    8.  Ssylsin  : Silent, quick race of snakemen.
    9.  Lycaean  : Quick, powerful wolfmen.
    10. Dwarf    : One time slaves to the orcs.
    11.  Lamira   : Ocean dwellers.
    12.  Xiur     : Rock-like cave dwellers.

1  - a miniature tanari
    2  - a miniature norrjin
    3  - a miniature muamrite
    4  - a miniature sylayan
    5  - a miniature sidhe
    6  - a miniature akrabi      
    7 - a miniature kohdon
    8  - a miniature ssylsin
    9  - a miniature lycaean
    10  - a miniature dwarf
    11 - a miniature xiur

that's kind of my point. Every other standard race is represented.

8680 168480 lamira | familiar a miniature lamira humanoid

Huh, only 8 people have one, but it's there.
  • You possess the following familiars:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     - a miniature lamira (284460) is hiding in the ether

I'm one of them!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• On this topic, I'd be neat to be able to trade a familiar for another race by binding it to your character.

• edited December 2015
    Jeremy said:
    Sorry. It looks like some of the familiars had some wins already set on them. Taking them off would be hard.

This is now fixed. It *should* have only removed the amount that was incorrect, based on the underlying issue. It's possible I inadvertently modified the values incorrectly, however. If you see any numbers that don't look right, please BUG it.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote