Skip to content

Alekmanhala and Anastazy

So far, this event is awesome. It's got Vyurdrag stuff and lore stuff and murder stuff, which is basically a perfect combination.

I have one problem with it so far. Instead of mining the caches with picks after they kill the golems, could the anti-Alekmanhala people have to drag the cache someplace? Right now if you're pro-Alekmanhala you have to basically flawlessly defend the golem/cache across 70-odd rooms over a fairly long period of time, so the opposition gets lots of attempts to take it. On the flip side, all the anti-Alekmanhala people have to do is kill the golem and blow the cache, which doesn't take nearly as long and is much harder to interrupt. 

Alternatively, could we get a pro-Alekmanhala thing where we just blow the cache and then turn it in ourselves? The problem here is the discrepancy in how the mechanics work for each side; it is much harder to defend the golem/cache than it is to break it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Comments

• As evidenced by the fact that 30 seconds of work just undid 30 minutes of work.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Instead of making pro-Alekmanhala people (you rascals) drag things across the map or forcing anti-Alekmanhala people to do the same (because what an awful mechanic, let's never do this again, no one likes these things), just do a spin on what anti-Alekmanhala people do. We take turns picking at the cache and the person who breaks it open gets rewarded. So give pro-Alekmanhala people a similar material or something that they have to go gather beforehand just like anti-Alekmanhala people have to, and then they can each contribute to, say, building a catapult that will upon construction immediately and flawlessly launch the cache straight into the volcano and Alekmanhala's grasp, rewarding the last person to do so in some fashion. Then we're all on the same level.

• edited December 2015

I'd rather drag it because dragging it makes it more of a combat objective than a "everybody spam mine and hope you're lucky" PvE race.

I'd take anything, though, because this current incarnation is really frustrating. We can win the fights 9 times out of 10, but that doesn't matter because there's more than 10 fights and we only have to lose once to blow the objective.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I kind of like the concept. Please not to change it.

• I'll look into it today, I just need to get over @Khizan saying he likes an event. One moment while I make sure I'm not dream reading the forums.
  • To be fair, I didn't even look at the lore or the storyline or anything. This was pretty much the entirety of the conversation our side had about the event:

Khizan: "Septus. Demonic is fighting against Alekmanhala, so we should help him so that we can kill them."
    Khizan: "After all, it would be a shame if everybody just picked the same side."
    Septus: "Yes."
    Iniar: "Oh crap, a fight! I want in on this!"

• Also please make mining the cache a channeled action of some sort; it's impossible to drag the cache anywhere because it's possible to just enter the room and mine it while people hit you.

• @Wysrias : Once the golem is dead the cache can literally be zerged by people spamming "mine cache" and ignoring PvP. It's the same way I can bust in on a caravan and start plundering, except our goal isn't "also plunder the caravan", it's "drag the cache across the world while people do kamikaze mine attempts" and it's entirely impossible to do it against any kind of opposition. 

And after a few more days, I have a few more problems:

• The way it is right now you get absolutely no reward for successfully guarding the golem across the world and letting it deliver its cache, but you DO get a reward for dragging the cache in manually. This means that the optimal strategy is to guard the golem across the entire world, then kill it one room short of the goal and drag it in yourself. This feels very awkward. It's also mechanically bad because after guarding the golem across the entire world you then have to kill it and drag it one room against possible opposition.

• And also, it's frustrating that to achieve OUR goal we need a lengthy period of attention and watchfulness, even when we are unopposed. To achieve their goal they can rush the golem down and break the cache within 5 minutes and be done with it when there's no opposition. 

• what if Anti-magick just kills the golem and then we all fight over the cache?
  • Sooooooo... is anything gonna happen with this?