Skip to content

Runelord System

edited November 2015 in Scripting
Given that this encompasses the very last of everything I've done in Mudlet for Imperian since playing again, this will likely be my last thread for a long time in Scripting.

This is a Script, a set of Aliases, and a set of Triggers that encompasses my Runeguard automated offense that uses battleaxes exclusively. I am well aware that the Runeguard class is/can be more than battleaxes, but this is what I have setup for myself, and I am putting this up so anyone who uses Runeguard and Mudlet can help fight or get into fighting with minimal effort. Also, even if someone doesn't have Runeguard, they can at least analyze what I've done here as a good base for setting up an offense in general. I highly recommend using a battleaxe with heavy and sharp, and with flame and snowflake enhancements.

This system may or may not have bugs. I spent most of today completely redoing and coloring and making my whole offense look snazzy to be able to release this before I have to leave for work. If you try it and have issues feel free to fix it yourself or message me OOC in the game, or PM me on the forums, and I will look into it and upload a new version to Dropbox. As always, use the Package Manager in Mudlet to install the file, and off you go. The command to see the below screenshot in game is 'runelord' once the system is installed.

Edit: I forgot to mention, due to the way balance and battleaxes work, you will never ever stick any toxins, so this system always uses strychnine/benzene on the attacks because strychnine strips deafness and enables sowulu, and benzene has a very tiny chance to hinder their offense, and also later in the fight can have a tiny chance to disrupt them from curing ablaze and/or freeze from the flame and snowflake weapon enhancements. Benzene can be changed to Benzedrine, and really both toxins can be changed to whatever, but this is the tactic I use(Because breaking legs when you have someone engaged seems a little overkill). Just thought I'd clarify my thought process.

Finally, feel free to change and redistribute this system as any of you want. I just hope this gets more people interested in combat, in Imperian, and in mudlet in general. Thanks!

Features of the system:

• Target and Autobasher system, IE: t orc, sets orc as the target, and type bash and you will attack an orc and continue to attack orc when you regain balance until you type bash again
  • Colored display of toxins you have placed on your target when hitting them
  • Rebounding and shield tracking(Can probably be improved with additional rebounding/shield messages, also works with artifact battleaxes and normal axes both)
  • Offense prioritizes using pithakhan flare when it is off cooldown, followed by nauthiz when it is off cooldown, otherwise it uses sowulu. Can toggle off pithakhan and nauthiz.
  • Offense uses Engage when it can. Can toggle off using Engage.
  • Offense uses Tiger Stance by default, can select using Lion instead.
  • Offense uses quickdraw for battleaxe and tablet, and also uses a kestrel. All three are used by item number, which you must set using the system's commands
  • All of system's commands are detailed when you type runelord
Screenshot
----------------

Comments

• Shield messages are universal now, so the tracking will likely be pretty functional if you have the basic messages.

Are you using a sabre for razing? (I noticed there's no option to set one in your example above). If not, you'll definitely want to do this.

• edited November 2015
    Wysrias said:
    Shield messages are universal now, so the tracking will likely be pretty functional if you have the basic messages.

Are you using a sabre for razing? (I noticed there's no option to set one in your example above). If not, you'll definitely want to do this.

I tested using a sabre for razing, and if you just use raze by itself, the balance is the same across all weapons, which is 2.4s. If you mean for me to use it like with raze and slash comboed together, the loss in damage via less reave momentum and a smaller hit is too much. I tried both tactics in past, and even using the battleaxe to just raze and get 2.4s balance as opposed to doing raze/reave and getting 4.83s balance is less damage overall. I am sure doing raze/slash with sabre and getting a smaller balance at like 3.2-3.8 and a bit of damage seems like its worth it as opposed to 4.83s with a battleaxe, but it isn't. At least that's my opinion.
  • It's a significant difference - as athletic, raze slash with a light sabre is fast enough to make the extra effect worthwhile.

You drew a curved sabre and a war-battered Aesirian shield.
    You razed your nothing.
    You slashed yourself with a sabre.
    H -20c [3.0%] [36]
    bal:2.38

• Drakov said:
    Edit: I forgot to mention, due to the way balance and battleaxes work, you will never ever stick any toxins, so this system always uses strychnine/benzene on the attacks because strychnine strips deafness and enables sowulu, and benzene has a very tiny chance to hinder their offense, and also later in the fight can have a tiny chance to disrupt them from curing ablaze and/or freeze from the flame and snowflake weapon enhancements. 
    This is pretty awful, really.

The odds of benzene+burning+freezing having any kind of noteworthy impact on an enemy is so small as to be inconsequential. You're way better off just throwing strychnine/strychnine endlessly to ensure that sowulu gets to benefit from sensitivity. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited November 2015
    Sowulu is not affected by sensitivity. Which is the reason I don't.

To clarify, sowulu does psychic damage, and I believe sensitivity only affects physical damage. In any case, I've tested it on myself and it doesn't make it do extra.
  • Sensitivity is all damage. I would stick to strychnine/strychnine too for battleaxes in lieu of more elaborate affliction tracking (i.e. team calls) - more damage never hurts, but mending breaks rarely help.

• Drakov said:
    Sowulu is not affected by sensitivity. Which is the reason I don't. To clarify, sowulu does psychic damage, and I believe sensitivity only affects physical damage. In any case, I've tested it on myself and it doesn't make it do extra.
    Test again.

You concentrate on the sowulu rune on an ink-stained snowy marble tablet, and its searing image suddenly flares on your skin.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Damage report: raw damage 45 psychic. Attacker: Rumal
    Modifier                                   Value   Result
    Philosophy Skill                             25%       33
    Sensitivity                                 -33%       44
    Total Resistance                              1%       44
    Damage Taken: 44 psychic (raw damage: 45)
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s

You concentrate on the sowulu rune on an ink-stained snowy marble tablet, and its searing image suddenly flares on your skin.
    Damage report: raw damage 45 psychic. Attacker: Rumal
    Modifier                                   Value   Result
    Philosophy Skill                             25%       33
    Total Resistance                             26%       33
    Damage Taken: 33 psychic (raw damage: 45)
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited November 2015
    I like the system, but I second what Khizan and Wysrias said, your toxin choice is suboptimal.  Toxins will never be a deciding factor in a fight for you, but there are still things you can do to get some usability out of them

Strychnine definitely affects sowulu, so use that.

Unfortunately it does nothing for pith and nauthiz, so gotta improvise a little.

You'll never stick afflictions, but if use two toxins that are cured by the same cure type, eating a herb for example, you'll still either force the opponent to burn tree/purge, or heal sequentially, which will keep one of the toxins on for 2 seconds.  
    Tree and Purge Blood are on a 15 second cooldown, so you'll be on cooldown for roughly 2 out of every 4 combos, Some of these will be sowulu combos, though so, accounting for that, you'll be able to stick toxins for 2 seconds for roughly 1/3 of all your combos (math done hastily and might not be correct).

So to reiterate, if you use two herb toxins, you'll at worse burn tree/purge which will help your more affliction oriented teammates (in a parallel universe where Magick has affliction-oriented fighters other than Iniar), and at best you'll get 2 seconds of toxin effects

So what should these toxin combos be?  Here's some ideas.  First of all, the first toxin should always be ciguatoxin, because almost everyone has it as their highest priority, so that lets you reliably predict which toxin they will cure second. As for second toxin,

mercury - if you're fighting someone who has fitness and triggers fitness to always reapply, this will actually hinder their offense due to eq/bal on activating fitness.  I doubt many people do that, though
    arsenic/ether - If you get lucky and they do an attack during the 2 second window, their attack will be hindered by either weariness of clumsiness
    botulinum - vomiting tick timing is weird.  It seems almost random.  I've had it happen to me immediately after applying it, so you might get lucky and get a vomiting tick, which is pretty serious damage.
    butisol - that might actually help you with slowing down burning/freezing cures (but it probably won't)

There are similar things you can do with salve/salve and pipe/pipe combination, but they're less obvious.

Don't bother with any mental afflictions, they're pointless due to focus.

• edited November 2015
    Practically speaking, Strych/Strych is always going to be your strongest option in group combat because you don't know how your attacks are going to sync with your group's attacks. Even when you're not using sowulu strychnine spam will score your group a surprisingly large amount of strych/strych/magecombo type hits where somebody else hits directly after you and gets the +33% damage boost because their attack squeezed in before the target could cure strych.

Alternatively, mebaral/noctec is a solid pick. Smoke cures interfere with rebounding and attacking with the appropriate affliction up will slow their attacks significantly. To make this even better, the large amount of bal+eq combo classes out there will be affected by either affliction, meaning that they'll have to cure both of them to attack without penalty. 

Those are honestly the only two toxin patterns I'd recommend for people who don't know what they're doing. They're both hugely effective in groups and they retain that effectiveness even when you're mindlessly spamming them.

• I'll change it when I get home, and even make the suggested alternatives a setting option. At work on my phone right now.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Agreed;

raze with a smoke aff

damage with strychnine strychnine
       you never know when you might hit a shrugger and if you use strych/other, your sowulu will do squat all

On the other hand, I do use other toxins on non-sowulu rounds... It's probably less efficient for groups as Khizan alludes, but I like being able to support someone who wants to push for something fancier (yeah hahahahahahahahaha).
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Update
    ----------

The system has been updated to use strychnine/strychnine with all combos, including the pithakhan and nauthiz flares

The system uses noctec with the raze/reave combo, and while I know that using a sabre to raze/slash is faster/better, expecting the people that I anticipate wanting to use this system to have proficiency in a bunch of different weapons is not something I'm gonna do. Battleaxes only.

Added in some line breaks in places that didn't have them

Added a trigger into the system that detects when your target has the Defend skill used on them from another enemy, and send 3 tells to your ring to switch targets(Thanks @Khizan and @Septus!)
  • edited November 2015

Use Mebaral instead.

There are fewer pure balance classes than there are eq classes and bal+eq combo classes, and because of that slow-eq has the best 'hit rate'.

EDIT: Well, depending. Mebaral against demonic, Noctec against AM.

• Just to touch on the above points, sensitivity is basically the holy grale of knight afflictions. Your burst as rg is some of the best out there; your ideal situation is hitting them with the full enhanced combo when sensitivity is already up. If this happens in a team and you're not fighting the 1%, you can almost definitely queue up your get body alias.
  • You shouldn't need a get body alias because it should be part of the standard header that all your attacks are appended to. 

stand|get body|mount horse######|<attack stuff>

• Drakov said:

Added a trigger into the system that detects when your target has the Defend skill used on them from another enemy, and send 3 tells to your ring to switch targets(Thanks @Khizan and @Septus!)

You need a switch for anything that calls target.

A team full of people calling different targets is no different than a team full of people where nobody is.

• IniarIniar Australia
    It's probably worse.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • The trigger doesn't call a new target. Alerts everyone to pay attention, basically.
  • quick fyi - you don't need sabre proficiency to benefit from speed. Probably half of my dsls are with sabre and I never learned it.

proficiency is needed to get full damage. Sabre damage is so negligible regardless, you can just ignore the proficiency
  • I'm looking at this system, I downloaded it. But I feel like things are missing, I downloaded the link, installed the package, but I just see aliases.

no scripts/tables or anything else.

Is there another link somewhere?
  • Nvermind, reinstalled, didn't install right the first time.