Skip to content

Enemy Health Bar

After being inspired by @Oystir earlier asking me questions of how to do an enemy health bar like [||||---], I went ahead and made a fancy colored one, which each bar representing 10%.

All you have to do is download the .mpackage file which I am hosting on Dropbox. It only works in mudlet, and once you're connected to Imperian in mudlet, you click Package Manager, then click Install, and then navigate to wherever you installed it, and click it and off you go.

PS: You must config mobdamage on to use this.

Screenshot
-----------------

Enjoy!

Comments

• If you don't have the bar start out at green and then go yellow and red you're horrible. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited November 2015
    Ha. Good point. I'll change it and reupload in a bit then.

Edit: Okay, changed it to green-yellow-red and reuploaded. :)
  • Thanks again for this, @Drakov
    You're the original stud
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Nice. My summoner Taint bar went from dark red to hot purple as it filled up. If you could add in an animated gif of flames, that would be super sweet.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I mean, if you challenge me, I'll give it a shot. I've been meaning to learn about Geyser.

But in reality, someone asked me to do this and I did, and I thought other, newer players might find it cool.

You're making my Taint bar go up as we speak.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2015
    Hehehehe. The challenge is this;

The bar needs to change hue as it fills up, that is to say, not every single 'tick' is the same color - eg. a 80% bar will have four colors, 2 dim red, 2 violet red, 2 yellow and 2 yellowgreen. When it fills up, it will also change proportionalities. :3

I.e. a gradient fill.

Disclaimer: I have not built this. Or maybe. Idk. Long time since i used summoner.
  • edited November 2015
    @Iniar, you should post somewhere that script you gave me with all of the pretty colors. I lost it somehow and RAINBOWS
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    More importantly, Oystir, you can create your own colors and call them what you want.
  • I made a couple fixes for this and will be reuploading to dropbox later this evening. Fixes are:

- Will now show the bar when going against mobs with the (resisted) message

- Will now show the bar when mobs have over 100 percent health.
  • Okay, so, I don't see a button to edit my posts anymore for some reason or another, so I will just...make another post here. I uploaded the changes to the thing and so now the current link on the original post is good to go, and will likely be the final version of this script. Hope some of you enjoy it! Thanks!
  • You can only edit posts within an hour of making them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Well, that is a lovely thing to know. Used to the Aetolia forums a bit more than these. Thanks!
  • edited November 2015
    Mildly inspired by this, I made a CMud conversion with a few tweaks. I like the mob damage displaying how much I actually hit for, and I left the percentage of health remaining on the end.

Yes, it gradients from green, to yellow and finally red.

• I didn't like all my IF statements, so I simplified the code a bit. Enjoy!