Skip to content

[split] Circle Switching Costs

13»

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I've never really considered changing circles before, and one of the big reasons is because of that loss. When you've invested what is likely to be thousands of dollars into something over the years, throwing even half of that away in one go is a strong deterrent. Whilst some people are obviously willing to do this, I've seen others end up just giving up playing because they're bored with their current life but don't want to suffer the cost. 

I quite like the ideas suggested of being able to deactivate classes instead of forgetting them and losing part of the investment you've put in, as well as upping the number of lesson packages that can be purchased. I'd definitely buy some if this was the case, unlike right now, as someone else also mentioned, I look at them and worry I'll need the option later and so never end up using it. 

However as cool as it would be to be able to share things between alts, as I miss many of the things I have in Skye when playing my other characters, I don't believe it's feasible. I don't think it would be fair to other players and it's hard to see it having a place in the current business model. 

Anyway I'll be interested to see what the Admin choose to do, I just hope it doesn't take too long.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • With Berserker released, any update on this? 

• Jeremy said:
    I am not against this. I will think about it for a bit and talk to the crew a bit. 
    Not to be impatient (I am clearly being impatient), but any chance of an update here?

• Wysrias said:

Jeremy said:
    I am not against this. I will think about it for a bit and talk to the crew a bit. 
    Not to be impatient (I am clearly being impatient), but any chance of an update here?
    Don't worry. Impatience is a virtue. Or something like that.
  • Yes. We are working on something here.

• Be more specific, please.

By announcing that you've basically put a freeze on circle switching until we find out what it's going to be, so it would be nice if we knew what to expect.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• We should have something in a few days. I don't want to announce the specifics as they may change.

• IniarIniar Australia
    We'll hold you to it!
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • This is coded and in testing. Going live tomorrow if it all looks good.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thank you for the update, it is appreciated.
  • Demonic and AM immigrants message me for expedited green card to glory.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."

• Trying in vain to teach the heathen a lesson, Alvetta has thwapped Vasharr to death.

(Cavalcade): Vasharr says, "That is a lot of dudes."
    (Cavalcade): Vasharr says, "Aakrin alonzo emily asuna Jebadiah Pellerin Alvetta."
    (Cavalcade): Vasharr says, "Sumie seraphyne."
    It's awfully crowded over there, message me to join the generally-less-terrible demonic organization.

• Hey now.  We are working hard to make Stavenn cool again.
  • Are all my icewalls helping?

I bet they are.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Thank you @Jeremy and @Garryn for doing this.